Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Posiedon’s Fury and the original Alien Encounter went through early changes, largely based off guest feedback. DAK’s Safari on earth had a storyline with poachers, and those elements got toned-down before opening and removed over time. More recently, Kraken VR at SeaWorld completely flopped and was removed, then added back, then removed again...

And there have been other attractions : "The Astuter Computer Revue" was changed very quickly into "Backstage Magic" due to poor reception. And Stitch, of course, replaced "Alien Encounter" due to complaints.

Let's not forget Superstar Limo. Didn't even make a full year. 2001 - 2002. rust in pieces.

That’s why I said rides in orlando ;)

Reactions: tankart150
Depends on the seat too. Front row and middle row is the worst. Got fog smoke and water straight to the face when I sat in very front right last week. Couldn’t help but laugh every time.

Also, something I hadn’t noticed before. If you sit on right side, look out the window and straight up. You’ll see the musion screen projection angled 45 degrees above the ride vehicle. Makes a boring musion scene all the more interesting to see how it’s done.
Don't get me wrong, it's hysterical, made the attraction that much more crazy and ridiculous

Yes, I rode yesterday, and in December...There was a noticable difference

Granted, I was in the second car, but it seemed more ridiculous
I'll have to get check it out this week. I'm not likely to want to ride this again on its own merits, but I enjoy a good blast of fog.

Reactions: tankart150
DAK’s Safari on earth had a storyline with poachers, and those elements got toned-down before opening and removed over time.

I remember the second poacher storyline! It is nice to know that it actually existed and wasn't some strange dream I had.

But after looking up the story history - apparently the very first version of that had the mama elephant dead with her tusks sawed off. Didn't make it past Cast Previews.

Reactions: TheGentTrent
I remember the second poacher storyline! It is nice to know that it actually existed and wasn't some strange dream I had.

But after looking up the story history - apparently the very first version of that had the mama elephant dead with her tusks sawed off. Didn't make it past Cast Previews.
I actually saw that, I believe it made it past cast previews, but was removed soon after opening due to complaints

I actually saw that, I believe it made it past cast previews, but was removed soon after opening due to complaints

Everything I saw was that it was changed before opening - would you happen to have been an AP? Sounds like cast members and APs were given previews of it.

Finally made my trip to UOR and got to ride this. Oh boy it really is that bad. I rode it again on a different day just to give it one more chance but it's so bad.....something I'll only do once a trip if that. I really like Kong too.I also like Spider-man and Transformers so it's not really having the same ride system on two different rides on property. It's just poor CGI and a poor concept for Fast & Furious. It should at least go fast...

It's such a rarity that the park's upgrade a bad concept. But the reception to this is soooo horrid that Universal just might have to do that to keep ridership up once the novelty of a new attraction wears off.
It has the F&F name attached though so it will always garner ridership. At least for now.

Finally made my trip to UOR and got to ride this. Oh boy it really is that bad. I rode it again on a different day just to give it one more chance but it's so bad.....something I'll only do once a trip if that. I really like Kong too.I also like Spider-man and Transformers so it's not really having the same ride system on two different rides on property. It's just poor CGI and a poor concept for Fast & Furious. It should at least go fast...

I will give them credit for that wall illusion. I even know it's coming, I'm still impressed by that lighting effects.

It's such a rarity that the park's upgrade a bad concept. But the reception to this is soooo horrid that Universal just might have to do that to keep ridership up once the novelty of a new attraction wears off.

At least it's no Superstar Limo.

I am still of the firm belief that if they just redo the 360 part, it would be fine. How they would redo it, don't ask me. If it wasn't so confusing as to where to look, it wouldn't be terrible.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I will give them credit for that wall illusion. I even know it's coming, I'm still impressed by that lighting effects.

At least it's no Superstar Limo.

I am still of the firm belief that if they just redo the 360 part, it would be fine. How they would redo it, don't ask me. If it wasn't so confusing as to where to look, it wouldn't be terrible.
As I have said before, I'm hoping they do an upgrade or new film for Beijing and use it for Orlando. A decent 360 film would at least move the needle up to an average attraction. That 360 film is just so amateurish, I can't understand how Universal signed off to accept it in that form. ....Although Robert Niles (TPI) thinks it's the greatest. :lol::shrug:

When space was an issue at Universal I could have said 5 or 6 years....Now I feel it will be around a lot longer...Like say, Twister length (pre seasonal)

Blech. We're already to seasonal virtual lines (at least so I believe - I haven't seen the virtual line in action with the exception of the very first time I rode).

Reactions: RevFreako