Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color is one of the pillars of design. And at this point, we don’t have much else to talk about, so we might as well discuss it :lol:

The production design of JP was overwhelmingly grays and ambers. And then we have the iconic vehicle decals (vibrant warm hues).

I’m totally on board with the history of this “Disneyland Paris” Jurassic Park, but in terms of design, I think plopping a blue coaster down in a land that’s largely grays and ambers would look incredibly out of place. So, two options:

1) Paint it blue and update to a JW aesthetic. Would require much more work and potentionally alienate movie/theme park fans that prefer the nostalgia of JP. BUT megacorps love synergy and they could potentially advertise it as a new land, so who’s to say

2) Keep it in JP colors. Requires less work ($$). And yes, JP is an aging IP. But Disney has attractions based on IPs from the 40s and 50s (heck, they won’t even LET anyone watch Song of the South lmao) that are as popular as ever. JW is obviously more relevant, but does that necessarily mean it’s a more powerful IP?

I obviously don’t know the answers, just enjoying the discussion
I personally do not expect the coaster to be blue

I remember (2?) years ago we were talking about a blue and silver Jurrassic Park logo going into IOA...

Top hats

xcelerator-launched-coaster.jpg

DSCF0306.JPG

4689kingda1.jpg

hp_storm_05.jpg

images

43698095_2199734930056983_8383913465106692948_n.jpg

94a0b6011318199c25d248bcc5e7faa5.jpg

Do we have an guesstimate as to how tall the top hat section will be? *sigh* Those pics are scary high!

Stealth @ Thorpe Park hits 80 mph and has a 200ft top hat while iSpeed @ Mirabilandia has a 180ft top hat @ 68 mph. From what we've heard, it looks like this ride will be a little faster than Taron, say 75mph which means that the top hat can be up to around 190ft. But that's just my personal deductive reasoning. If anyone would have a better answer, it would be @Alicia !

Stealth @ Thorpe Park hits 80 mph and has a 200ft top hat while iSpeed @ Mirabilandia has a 180ft top hat @ 68 mph. From what we've heard, it looks like this ride will be a little faster than Taron, say 75mph which means that the top hat can be up to around 190ft. But that's just my personal deductive reasoning. If anyone would have a better answer, it would be @Alicia !

Is there a coaster in Orlando that can compare height wise? I'm just trying to get an idea if this thing will be too high for me *sniff sniff*

Okay, so in between Manta and Mako...
Yes. Or more specifically, between Kraken (~150') and Mako (200').

Also keep in mind that it's going to be launched, so you won't be very high for very long, and by the time you can realize just how high you are, you will already be turning to head back down the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.