Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood why Universal decided to keep the TWD building. Why didn’t they just demolish it to make a much bigger SLOP attraction? Or at least room for the que?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I wasn't referring to the original plan. It's clear the plans have changed lol. I meant in general, if TWD is staying there is no where to put the queue.
Yes, I understood your comment. I was just contrasting what's there with the original plans that seemed to be so much more than this.

Is this a 3rd level they're working on? That would explain the relatively low clearance on the ground floor. So maybe ground level is for track/maintenance, 2nd level ride and 3rd level queue?
D664E6D4-B156-41D7-8540-84847C5DE5C9.jpeg.jpg

Never understood why Universal decided to keep the TWD building. Why didn’t they just demolish it to make a much bigger SLOP attraction? Or at least room for the que?

I believe this has been stated before, but the building that TWD is in is the same building that contains the Starbucks and the Studio Store. So to tear it down would be to tear all of that down with it. Not very likely.

Re-purposing that section of it could be possible, but it's still very unknown if they will do so. It's all just speculation and opinion for now.

One of the earlier designs for Hollywood was essentially three floors, one being a basement floor, but in a different location that had a bigger footprint. Basement floor: maintenance & overflow queue. First Floor; Queue , pre show & small QS restaurant. Second floor: Ride....Evidently this attraction now has a smaller footprint, and a different ride system, plus whatever else they deemed to downgrade. So it will be interesting to see if this ends up being three stories tall, or two stories tall.

Reactions: Stryker
Still trying to figure out where the queue is going. There's barely enough headroom on the first level for standard rooms, let a lone a themed queue.

My only guess is that they can at least pour an extended in the tight space between the building and the Gru's Neighborhood facades, as for a main queue I have zero clue. Maybe this will be the first-ever attraction to have its queue on the roof? :lol:

My only guess is that they can at least pour an extended in the tight space between the building and the Gru's Neighborhood facades, as for a main queue I have zero clue. Maybe this will be the first-ever attraction to have its queue on the roof? :lol:
Disneyland's Space Mountain had part of the queue on a roof :)

For those who saw the original lower lot plans...
Did the ride have any big showrooms with high ceilings etc or was it all low and small rooms? Just curious as not looking like the new structure currently would fit anything other than small/medium show scenes.

No, but it was on the roof of an attraction (The Captain EO theater)

It wasn't really over the theater itself, but over the walkways surrounding the theater. The Space Mountain complex was originally built as a two story space with a two story fast food restaurant on one side and a two-story arcade (Starcade) on the other side. The theater in the center was open-air. It was enclosed for Captain Eo and the restaurant (Space Place) was closed down. The second floor of the Starcade was closed down as well. It just reopened as the Space Mountain queue and the Space Place seating area was reopened and attached to the Pizza Restaurant (which used to be Mission to the Moon/Mars). The center space of the second floor was always kept clear.

Disneyland has been making multilevel areas for a long time, that's how they fit so much in the small space.

Reactions: Ryan and tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.