Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 507 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second launch is the big launch.

Not sure top hat is the correct term for this though. It looks to be tall, and the rise up may be somewhat top hat like, but the fall back down looks somewhat slanted to me. Could be wrong though, just not getting the near 90 degree feel from this from the track layout.

Right, it’ll look a lot like iSpeed’s top hat at Mirabilandia. If I get a few hours this weekend I’m going to whip up a ride layout on NoLimits 2. Your mouths will drop, there’s never been a coaster this intense built in Central Florida, Busch Gardens included.

Reactions: JoshO and Ryno27
It would seem weird to have this be themed to JW while River Adventure is JP. Maybe they'll re-do RA to JW and open it up around the same time as the coaster. I love JP, the John Williams theme, etc.. but I think I'd be ok with a retheme to JW especially if most of it is indoors and that means better dinos.

Reactions: therock
It would seem weird to have this be themed to JW while River Adventure is JP. Maybe they'll re-do RA to JW and open it up around the same time as the coaster. I love JP, the John Williams theme, etc.. but I think I'd be ok with a retheme to JW especially if most of it is indoors and that means better dinos.

I'll put a lot of money down that JPRA will either be rethemed right after this opens, or they will open concurrently

No photos, but heard they were putting in the relocated palm trees from Jurassic Park over near the Universal Blvd/Hollywood way intersection this morning. To get an idea of the type of prep work going on now.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Andysol
My guess is that JPRA goes down in October and they can reopen a whole new JP or JW land next year with 2 "new" attractions.

I think that's the best option, yea. Once Potter opens up and summer ends, close JPRA, the first floor of the DC, and maybe Thunder Falls for a overhauls.

In my dreams they would build a signature bar for Jurassic Park as well

People are sleeping on this.

You pull into the show-scene. It's the inside of an airplane. You can see clouds flying past the windows outside.

Suddenly, a full size animatronic raptor appears. It scans the coaster car. Its nostrils flare.

View attachment 8745

Launch.

That would frankly be terrifying with some escalating orchestral music - music cuts - "Alan" - launch.

Second launch is the big launch.

Not sure top hat is the correct term for this though. It looks to be tall, and the rise up may be somewhat top hat like, but the fall back down looks somewhat slanted to me. Could be wrong though, just not getting the near 90 degree feel from this from the track layout.

Hopefully it's not too top hat-y. If it's anywhere near RRR, I would have a hard time convincing myself to board.

Reactions: Magic-Man
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Fastest Multi-Launch Coaster? YES!

I honestly thing this puppy is going to satisfy a lot of people. Will be a legit thrill machine, and will have some really good theming elements in the first half of the ride. I'm really, really hoping this ride turns into the ride I had hoped the Hulk rebuild was going to be

I honestly thing this puppy is going to satisfy a lot of people. Will be a legit thrill machine, and will have some really good theming elements in the first half of the ride. I'm really, really hoping this ride turns into the ride I had hoped the Hulk rebuild was going to be

A Top hat isn't going to make the Potter crowd too happy. I would imagine sight lines will be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.