Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 462 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in all seriousness ThrillRideLover3214 stop obsessing over Kong and Godzilla being in the 4th gate it will not happen. Also don't judge skull island reign of Kong if you have never been on it. Its a fantastic ride!
Ok let me say this I hope we will get more than 4 Worlds I hope 4 isn’t the official number of worlds at the fourth gate.i hope it will be a big fourth gate park. When do you think we will hear about this officially and the official park name title? 2019? 2020?

Ok let me say this I hope we will get more than 4 Worlds I hope 4 isn’t the official number of worlds at the fourth gate.i hope it will be a big fourth gate park. When do you think we will hear about this officially and the official park name title? 2019? 2020?
It's unlikely that they announce anything this year and unlikely that there are more than 4 worlds at opening.

All signs point to it being just Nintendo(Mario), Classic Monsters, Dreamworks, and Potter/FB.

Ya know, Magic Kingdom only has four 'lands' and thats pretty damn vast as far as attractions and experiences. Im not really bothered about the number of lands but rather the quality. Infact, id rather less lands if it means more effort going into genuine headline quality lands/worlds.

It's unlikely that they announce anything this year and unlikely that there are more than 4 worlds at opening.

All signs point to it being just Nintendo(Mario), Classic Monsters, Dreamworks, and Potter/FB.

To add on to this, they'll only add onto the existing worlds if they want another section of the park. AKA Pokemon/Zelda with Nintendo, more DreamWorks, etc. No new "worlds".

To add on to this, they'll only add onto the existing worlds if they want another section of the park. AKA Pokemon/Zelda with Nintendo, more DreamWorks, etc. No new "worlds".
*looks at Lost Continent*

We don't know if they will or won't add new worlds. I imagine it depends on what they have available. They may decide some IPs that don't fit DreamWorks or anywhere else and create a "World of Cartoons" or something.

*looks at Lost Continent*

We don't know if they will or won't add new worlds. I imagine it depends on what they have available. They may decide some IPs that don't fit DreamWorks or anywhere else and create a "World of Cartoons" or something.

I'd rather not have them do that, tbh. Flesh out the worlds you already have. Anything else can go into USF/IOA or become an expansion later on down the road.

Reactions: natespf

I'd rather not have them do that, tbh. Flesh out the worlds you already have. Anything else can go into USF/IOA or become an expansion later on down the road.

Haha, I know I misread the first one thinking you were saying never. But after this park opens, and after they go back to improvements in USF/IoA... We just don't know what'll happen when it's time to go back and improve this park.

They call them "lands" officially. Per the Monorail narration: "We're approaching our station at Main Street USA, gateway to the six themed lands of the Magic Kingdom".
If we're counting MSUSA a land then I think we need to count the Fantastic Entry/Hub a land.

Also if MSUSA is a gateway to 6 lands, it's a gateway to itself :lmao:

Reactions: RevFreako
What does "Worlds" mean? What does a "World" hold?
A world could have different lands, smaller or bigger once, that are fitting in that world but stand on their own. For instance Kong and Jurassic Park could be called DinoWorld. Both area's could live next to each other but are different rides and ip's who each tell their own story. The sames goes for FantasyLand where Peter Pan and Winnie the Poo can live next to each other in a fantasy world. although I think a land withing a world should contain more that 1 ride but also some shops, food options and entertainment.

Bit of a guessing game but roughly how many of the rides do we expect to be originals? I can only really think of DreamWorks and SNW areas having clones in certain places.

Is 80% new attractions a fair estimate?

Bit of a guessing game but roughly how many of the rides do we expect to be originals? I can only really think of DreamWorks and SNW areas having clones in certain places.

IMO, and I only really know the makeup of maybe 2 of the worlds (I'm fairly certain on Monsters, unsure of potential changes on Nintendo), I think it'll go like this:

Clones: Mario Kart, Yoshi, Kung Fu Panda Land(?), maybe some Shrek attractions from USS?

Originals: Monsters E-ticket, Monsters 2nd attraction, Fantastic Beasts land, Donkey Kong Country, HTTYD, Trolls, maybe some new Shrek attractions

Just as long as USF/IOA doesn't become the leftover parks. I would imagine they'd still theme everything to go into the old parks if something doesn't fit, but still.

I'd say it will be 80-90% new atttactions. Two clones for SNW, maybe a single clone for KFP. That should be it.

I'd say it will be 80-90% new atttactions. Two clones for SNW, maybe a single clone for KFP. That should be it.

Cloned attractions don't bother me either way. If it's cloned, it's a way for me to get to see what other people can see (and possibly in a language I am fluent in) close to home. I can't see myself going abroad to go to Universal any time soon.

IMO, and I only really know the makeup of maybe 2 of the worlds (I'm fairly certain on Monsters, unsure of potential changes on Nintendo), I think it'll go like this:

Clones: Mario Kart, Yoshi, Kung Fu Panda Land(?), maybe some Shrek attractions from USS?

Originals: Monsters E-ticket, Monsters 2nd attraction, Fantastic Beasts land, Donkey Kong Country, HTTYD, Trolls, maybe some new Shrek attractions

I think that's highly impressive and also shows the extent of investment here. Building Theme Parks is expensive enough but it's encouraging to think Universal isn't going to 'cheap out'.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Trust me, nothing about this park will be cheap. Including the ticket prices.

I'm real curious to A) see the pricing for a day pass and B) see how the handle APs. I'm guessing they'll branch out and have three levels now, or just grandfather in the 2-Park and 3-Park passes into out current bracket.

As a whole, I'm cool with paying more to get more. Unless it's $200 a year more, and then I start to flake. An extra $100 wouldn't be unreasonable in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.