Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 508 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

As said previously, the top hat would be after the second launch, so already mid-ride.

Top hat would be the sharp 180 element after the first launch. That’s why I’m not sure it’s something like Storm Runner with a traditional top hat.

Second launch will be the one that reaches < 74Mph.

I honestly thing this puppy is going to satisfy a lot of people. Will be a legit thrill machine, and will have some really good theming elements in the first half of the ride. I'm really, really hoping this ride turns into the ride I had hoped the Hulk rebuild was going to be

Yeah this sounds oddly like the original Hulk rebuild.

Right, it’ll look a lot like iSpeed’s top hat at Mirabilandia. If I get a few hours this weekend I’m going to whip up a ride layout on NoLimits 2. Your mouths will drop, there’s never been a coaster this intense built in Central Florida, Busch Gardens included.
Very excited to see the layout!!!

A Top hat isn't going to make the Potter crowd too happy. I would imagine sight lines will be ruined.

Meh. Can't please everyone. For the people who like cool rides, they're going to be happy.

Yeah this sounds oddly like the original Hulk rebuild.

I still want to know the *real* story behind what happened with that one...

Top hat would be the sharp 180 element after the first launch.
First launch looks to be followed by a climbing turn then a drop into the immelman. The top hat will definitely be after the second launch, if the layout is legit.

6gao2s.png

It's gonna go up, rotate 90 degrees, go over the top, then rotate back on the way back down to orient it for the first pass in front of the DC. Literally only thing this element could possibly be is a top hat.

As much as we all argue over the JP vs JW asthetic, for this ride why not have it more in line with the abandoned park in JW or the overgrown buildings in FK? If HP next door can have an abandoned abbey next to a populated Hogwarts Castle why not have remains of the old park woven into the forests around the Trike Encounter plot. It would make for really cool theming and have both IPs present.

Sight-lines are affected so much by angles... If there were a towering tophat right behind Three Broomsticks it'd be a different story, but with it being so far away and Hogsmeade being a tight corridor between some pretty tall facades it wouldn't be so glaring.

The tallest parts of the ride are being built on the opposite side as Hogsmeade for this very reason. It should not be visible from within the village, (except the back porch for Three Broomsticks of course).
This is what I mean.

First launch looks to be followed by a climbing turn then a drop into the immelman. The top hat will definitely be after the second launch, if the layout is legit.

6gao2s.png

It's gonna go up, rotate 90 degrees, go over the top, then rotate back on the way back down to orient it for the first pass in front of the DC. Literally only thing this element could possibly be is a top hat.

Looking forward to someone creating the NL2 demo from this. As much as I am looking at it, I don't understand coaster terms well enough to fully picture how it's going to work.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a land was a dead zone. Plus you have Kong there, and Camp Jurassic could probably stay open. I think it makes more sense to debut Jurassic World all together rather than piecemeal

Now, if they would just open PF for adult passengers during that time...

Sorry to slightly derail the thread but...was Hulk supposed to be something else? Maybe I should go reread the Hulk thread.

From what I understand, the original concept behind the Hulk rebuild was a lot more ambitious. Still would have been the same coaster, but with more theming and a more coherent story in the queue. Allegedly the Hulk was trying to "save" you in the queue

Status
Not open for further replies.