Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Universal really want to leave JP a dead zone like that for 9ish months?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a land was a dead zone. Plus you have Kong there, and Camp Jurassic could probably stay open. I think it makes more sense to debut Jurassic World all together rather than piecemeal

Right. You're talking about taking JPRA down from October-April, which is a time of year where it isn't used as much.

The coaster is new (no loss). And likely, everything else will stay open with certain elements blocked out. Gift shop at DC? Likely open with walls to the rest of DC. Thunder Falls, Pizza Predattoria, etc? Likely open and will only close for a day or two (if that) while they change out signs, menus, etc.

Camp Jurassic/Pteranodon will likely also stay open and only close for a short while for a general refurb/JW overlay (signage and colors). Again- you're talking just a few days.

I genuinely hope they give us a legit dining venue w/ a bar in DC. Burger Digs could close down during all this and they could reopen with a decent TS location. Something like Tiffins (which is the best in-park restaurant in Orlando) would be beyond welcome.
Or, at the very least, something akin to an HP QS location. Universal has hit home runs with their QS locations as of late; Three Broomsticks, Springfield, Leaky Cauldron. So this is their chance to fix some of the thematically egregious ones like Burger Digs.

Last edited:
I genuinely hope they give us a legit dining venue w/ a bar in DC. Burger Digs could close down during all this and they could reopen with a decent TS location. Or, at the very least, something akin to an HP QS location. Universal has hit home runs with their QS locations as of late; Three Broomsticks, Springfield, Leaky Cauldron. So this is their chance to fix some of the thematically egregious ones like Burger Digs.

I agree so much here. Convert either Thunder Falls or the whole top floor of the DC to a table service or high quick service restaurant with a legit bar. Would make all the difference in the world, especially if they do give the ax to Mythos in a few years.

I agree so much here. Convert either Thunder Falls or the whole top floor of the DC to a table service or high quick service restaurant with a legit bar. Would make all the difference in the world, especially if they do give the ax to Mythos in a few years.

I edited my post after you quoted. Something like Tiffins would be my preference- they should steal that concept almost entirely. Nice, TS restaurant w/ a fantastic bar overlooking the water.

If they go with a highly themed QS, it might be the better decision w/ the patio and coaster views being a bit more indicative of QS.

Ideally, TF becomes a TS and Burger becomes a highly themed QS. I don't think they could do them both at once is the only thing.

Either way, they aren't missing anything if they shut down the whole of DC (less gift shop) and redo the whole dang thing. That'd be a welcome addition and something I felt they missed with Kong. I was always hopeful that they would have turned Thunder Falls into a Kong/TS restaurant similar to Skipper's Canteen w/ a darker overtone. Something about having a TS or highly themed restaurant really completes a land for me. Otherwise, it's just a ride and some paint. Still great, but not as great.

Tiffins' has seen a reduction in quality/popularity/quality since opening, so something not quite like that. I'd take a relocated Mythos like in Thunder Terrace with attraction views.
Yea, I was about to say that. They send me push notifications when I'm in Animal Kingdom begging me to eat there, and offering coupon codes. Plus, you'll see the sandwich boards out front and cast members letting people know that seating is available. Not quite the success they were hoping for.

Nomad Lounge though. That's a nice bar.

Yea, I was about to say that. They send me push notifications when I'm in Animal Kingdom begging me to eat there, and offering coupon codes. Plus, you'll see the sandwich boards out front and cast members letting people know that seating is available. Not quite the success they were hoping for.

Love Nomad. It has a nice colonial tropics feel. Good ambiance, excellent drinks, and the menu is good, especially the bread service....Once you sit down in the comfortable seating, it's hard to get up and leave. Just sit there, sipping a drink and watch the hurried crowds go by, as you relax and imbibe. Now that's the way to tour a theme park. :toast:

As much as we all argue over the JP vs JW asthetic, for this ride why not have it more in line with the abandoned park in JW or the overgrown buildings in FK? If HP next door can have an abandoned abbey next to a populated Hogwarts Castle why not have remains of the old park woven into the forests around the Trike Encounter plot. It would make for really cool theming and have both IPs present.

That's actually a good idea. Even though I personally would love the land to stay with the JP theme and color type, an overgrown looking park would be cool. The only question I would have is what to do with the inside of DC. With the outside looking overgrown or slightly aged, wouldn't the inside have to look old. It would make sense to make the show buildings for the new coaster looking slightly worn or abandoned. I guess they would have a lot of cosmetic changes to the rest of the area to look like this as well. Either way, its a cool idea. I'm still curious to see if they update the River Adventure alongside with Hollywood. An update would certainly mean Jurassic World themed type park.

Why in heavens name have they torn out all the plants on the immediate north side of the DC? There is no coaster going in that location... perplexing...

Those getting photos need to remember to go out on the burger digs patio and take views north, south, and lake front for us internet detectives.

Why in heavens name have they torn out all the plants on the immediate north side of the DC? There is no coaster going in that location... perplexing...
Maybe it’s possible they need to dig up the ground, change/move pipes, and perhaps reinforce the foundation, even though no supports may go up near there.

Or, some supports are gonna have a wiiiiide stance.

EDIT: Oh wait, so you mean on the Burger Digs side? No clue.

Maybe it’s possible they need to dig up the ground, change/move pipes, and perhaps reinforce the foundation, even though no supports may go up near there.

Or, some supports are gonna have a wiiiiide stance.

EDIT: Oh wait, so you mean on the Burger Digs side? No clue.

I mean to the right of the walkway down to the waterfront side. There was a bit of a valley down to the base of the building in that location.

I mean to the right of the walkway down to the waterfront side. There was a bit of a valley down to the base of the building in that location.
I wonder if the walkway will be widened to accommodate increased foot traffic to/from the coaster entrance.

Also wonder if we’ll end up seeing a second guest pathway added on the opposite side down to the waterfront one day. It may not be possible, but other than going through the DC downstairs doors, there’s currently only that one path to that area.

Used to be a serene little pond garden you could walk through. But when Potter moved to town they closed it to through traffic, converted it to a smoking area, and no one even notices the pretty lily pads and flowers anymore.

Wonderful place, the ducks love it!

It's certainly beautiful. Like a million flowering lilly pads. (I exaggerate)
Yes, the flora is well thought out for that space. It is always showing something.

Tiffins' has seen a reduction in quality/popularity/quality since opening, so something not quite like that. I'd take a relocated Mythos like in Thunder Terrace with attraction views.

That is what I have been hearing and that they are dumbing down the menu. Maybe @SeventyOne has other info about it's current traffic?

or.

Yes, now stop telling people about it. I would pay the cover (entrance admission to AK), and I have, just to sit on the lanai on a fall/spring day being served great drinks and nibbles. Total bliss looking up the river towards Everest.

Love Nomad. It has a nice colonial tropics feel. Good ambiance, excellent drinks, and the menu is good, especially the bread service....Once you sit down in the comfortable seating, it's hard to get up and leave. Just sit there, sipping a drink and watch the hurried crowds go by, as you relax and imbibe. Now that's the way to tour a theme park. :toast:

My touring stops there on occasion....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.