Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I think the point is. It looks like it could open this summer from the outside. I mean we have no idea what kind of show scenes are going on the indoors. The track is already on site. Coasters don’t typically take 3 years+ to build.

I mean usually they get built first then the ride building is constructed around it, so maybe their construction timeline is wonky because they're doing this "ass backwards"?

I mean usually they get built first then the ride building is constructed around it, so maybe their construction timeline is wonky because they're doing this "ass backwards"?
Gringotts was built the same way IIRC - building first, then coaster track.

Disney isn't worried about the timing. They are either spreading capital expenditures or timing the completion to be a year where it can open by itself. The Flight of Fear rides at the then-Paramount Parks took less than a year. Launch into the spaghetti bowl inside a building. No other reason makes sense for the length of time.

No chance of a 2020 opening then?
I mean, theoretically, i'm sure it could if they wanted it to open in 2020. They just don't want it open before 2021 hits.

They want this to open in 2021 because they're already set for 2020, with Epcot seeing the addition of Ratatouille and the new permanent Illuminations replacement. Keeping this as a 2021 offering means they will be able to have something new in Epcot and MK at the very least for the 50th. Who knows if they have anything planned for DHS or DAK, but if they do, i'm sure it won't be anything too big. D23 Expo this summer will likely provide us with some answers for beyond 2021.

Gringotts is more of a dark ride that uses coaster track than a coaster coaster, but yeah. Weird.
Yes, but it's still an apt comparison in the end. Intamin did Gringotts and Vekoma is doing GotG from what we know so there's no connection there, though. It's very possible they just decided to do the building first so that they wouldn't have to deal with the Florida weather when assembling the track. Or maybe there was a delay on shipping the track so they decided to build the building first?

Last edited:
Has there been any more on how they're going to deal with filming the live action bits?
They'll likely just find a day when Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista are available to film and do it in a convenient location for everyone, likely LA. They could theoretically do a different day to bring in Bradley Cooper or Vin Diesel if anything is needed from them on the voice-over end of things (I assume Rocket will have some dialogue), or just get it all over with in the same day.

They'll likely just find a day when Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista are available to film and do it in a convenient location for everyone, likely LA. They could theoretically do a different day to bring in Bradley Cooper or Vin Diesel if anything is needed from them on the voice-over end of things (I assume Rocket will have some dialogue), or just get it all over with in the same day.

I also wonder if Batista is still willing to do it, and what the plan is if he isn't.