Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Is Attractions Magazine salty Alicia got the USA Today mention? I like how they made a “shareable” video of the same info they wrote 2 weeks ago.

Of course it’s that smart, after the ridiculous cost in building it. It wouldn’t that be difficult to programme and the last thing Disney want is people taking advantage of the system, especially when they’re expecting rooms to be on short supply for Star Wars opening.

I at one point was considering cancelling my reservation and was told that my FP would also be cancelled. At this point it was within the 30 day window and nothing I had selected was available.

This pst hasn't aged well, as Disney is announcing TODAY that they are going to start doing this, meaning it was not done in the past.

This pst hasn't aged well, as Disney is announcing TODAY that they are going to start doing this, meaning it was not done in the past.

It was always cancelled if you did it between the 60 day and 30 day window. I tried to change hotel and was told that unless I switched hotel through Disney themselves and not via a 3rd party, I would lose my FP reservations.

This isn't the real issue now, having a 10 day window for FP with a 1 night stay is.

I was reading yesterday that the people in the Disney call centers would often tell people that their fastpasses would be cancelled BUT the My Disney Experience didn't do it automatically, so they remained good even if the room was cancelled . They were saying the call center people don't have a good grasp of the often confusing fastpass ins and outs and often give out information that doesn't actually 'compute'. Lots of loopholes in the system, which CM's especially, take advantage of.

ANd those loopholes HAVE to be fixed before the SWGE nightmare begins.

Ahhh, the days I would put in a WDW hotel key from a previous year stay, and still get FPs with it. That was nice.

Really? :lol: That's crazy.

I was reading yesterday that the people in the Disney call centers would often tell people that their fastpasses would be cancelled BUT the My Disney Experience didn't do it automatically, so they remained good even if the room was cancelled . They were saying the call center people don't have a good grasp of the often confusing fastpass ins and outs and often give out information that doesn't actually 'compute'. Lots of loopholes in the system, which CM's especially, take advantage of.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The people in the call centres are incredibly polite, almost to the point that it's frustrating but you get the impression that they're trying to make you happy and they don't even know whats possible or not.

Rumored drop has been confirmed by Disney’s height restrictions for the ride.

YES!..and while 40 inches is indeed short. It will keep the littles and their parents away. Avoiding the Peter Pan issue.

40 inches is the same height requirement of Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, and higher then the requirement for the 7D Coaster (38)

Last edited:
Tour the 'Rise of the Resistance' ride inside Disney Parks' 'Galaxy's Edge' | EW.com

EW has also gotten confirmation of that the rumors of the intial runtime, were skewed.
We basically sorted that out a couple of weeks ago here on IU that it was not a 28 minute ride, the 28 minutes was the cumulative time of the queue pre show areas, pre shows, and ride, or as some called it 'The Experience'. Kind of old news around here. :)....as always, we're ahead of the curve on IU. :thumbsup:

We basically sorted that out a couple of weeks ago here on IU that it was not a 28 minute ride, the 28 minutes was the cumulative time of the queue pre show areas, pre shows, and ride, or as some called it 'The Experience'. Kind of old news around here. :)....as always, we're ahead of the curve on IU. :thumbsup:

That said, the big things at-least lie with one particular thing..that there's more than screaming Weasley and Buff Kylo for actors. ;)

That said, the big things at-least lie with one particular thing..that there's more than screaming Weasley and Buff Kylo for actors. ;)
Listening to all those names being thrown around for both rides, I was confused as all hell. Unless you're a hard core recent fan, those ride casts are completely 'alien' ;) and unfamiliar. That may be problematic for the general public that's not into the new Star Wars stuff. Great for the hardcore recent SW movies fans though, I'd guess.

In other news, here's how Robert Niles is describing the ride: "A motion-base dark ride that will take new Resistance recruits aboard a First Order Star Destroyer, from which they will have to elude Kylo Ren and General Hux, then escape back to Black Spire Outpost. The 11-minute ride will include two animatronics and multiple screens, with extensively decorated pre- and post-ride scenes."

That's... extremely incorrect, right?

And the way he phrases that entire sentence is almost like he's trying to deliberately be a wet blanket. "Hey, it's got SCREENZ, everyone!"

In other news, here's how Robert Niles is describing the ride: "A motion-base dark ride that will take new Resistance recruits aboard a First Order Star Destroyer, from which they will have to elude Kylo Ren and General Hux, then escape back to Black Spire Outpost. The 11-minute ride will include two animatronics and multiple screens, with extensively decorated pre- and post-ride scenes."

That's... extremely incorrect, right?

And the way he phrases that entire sentence is almost like he's trying to deliberately be a wet blanket. "Hey, it's got SCREENZ, everyone!"

Only the Diznoids think only Universal uses screens. Disney has a lot of screen rides being built. Their supposed masterpiece is nothing but a screen. And the NRJ has screens and projections throughout.

I think the bigger leak here, and one I'm not suprised by, is that the only AAs besides storm trooper are Kylo and Hux. Probably a couple of each. Then a crapload of Troopers. I still bet only a handful will be top tier AAs, just like Shanghai Pirates, which is full of screens too.

The 11 minute comment is preposterous. Disney hasn't built a ride close to that long in decades. What, maybe Pirates in Paris? A non omni-mover or boat ride will never be 11 minutes long. They'd need 70-80 ride vehicles that aren't cheap. Plus long rides are slow rides. There will never be some in your face, action packed, dark ride that lasts 11 minutes. It's just not happening.

I really want this ride to be awesome, and the land, but I just think Disney is really laying it on thick. They still mentioned the guy you can barter with today. What, will you need a FP to get into the barter line?

Only the Diznoids think only Universal uses screens. Disney has a lot of screen rides being built. Their supposed masterpiece is nothing but a screen. And the NRJ has screens and projections throughout.

I think the bigger leak here, and one I'm not suprised by, is that the only AAs besides storm trooper are Kylo and Hux. Probably a couple of each. Then a crapload of Troopers. I still bet only a handful will be top tier AAs, just like Shanghai Pirates, which is full of screens too.

The 11 minute comment is preposterous. Disney hasn't built a ride close to that long in decades. What, maybe Pirates in Paris? A non omni-mover or boat ride will never be 11 minutes long. They'd need 70-80 ride vehicles that aren't cheap. Plus long rides are slow rides. There will never be some in your face, action packed, dark ride that lasts 11 minutes. It's just not happening.

I really want this ride to be awesome, and the land, but I just think Disney is really laying it on thick. They still mentioned the guy you can barter with today. What, will you need a FP to get into the barter line?
The articles today quoted the imagineers as saying its the longest ride in the Disney in their collection. Maybe they misspoke, considering how long Disneyland's PoTC is. Or maybe they mean including the pre-shows.

The articles today quoted the imagineers as saying its the longest ride in the Disney in their collection. Maybe they misspoke, considering how long Disneyland's PoTC is. Or maybe they mean including the pre-shows.
Good, so it’s not just me being misquoted on ride length lol.

I think it’s time to leave this thread. It’s getting a bit too spoilery for my liking and I want to go into this knowing as little as possible.

See ya’ll on the flip side in the review thread.
and....now even Scott goes to "The Dark (Flip) Side" ;):eek:ut:.....and length wise, since there's just two AA's, I'm thinking there's going to be one or two 'real long' stops in front of a screen ,simulator style, and a number of shorter screen stops.