Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWD isn’t popular. :pew:
Oh ok you know I know it isn’t coming but wouldn’t it be cool to have a Gotham section at the fourth gate? Since it is based on DC comics. Personally I think what Universal could do with the DC world would be much better than what Six Flags is doing. I know it’ll never happen because Universal already has marvel just saying though. Fahrenheit 911 with Michael B Jordan?

Kinda changing up the ongoing topic here.. but, all of this talk of 80% Universal talk.. How if at all does this impact the future of HHN? Do you think that HHN will be a factor in the thought process and design of the new gate? Just the thought of a HHN event taking place in a area like a Universal Monsters world is incredibly exciting.

Kinda changing up the ongoing topic here.. but, all of this talk of 80% Universal talk.. How if at all does this impact the future of HHN? Do you think that HHN will be a factor in the thought process and design of the new gate? Just the thought of a HHN event taking place in a area like a Universal Monsters world is incredibly exciting.
HHN will stay at USF.

If they're smart they'll test a family-friendly after hours event at the new park after a year or two, to compete with Mickey's Not-So-Scary, and expand their market a little bit.

I don't see HHN ever taking place at the new park

HHN will stay at USF.

If they're smart they'll test a family-friendly after hours event at the new park after a year or two, to compete with Mickey's Not-So-Scary, and expand their market a little bit.
That is crushing news! lol But makes sense due to the Sound Stages but I can't resist looking back at the days of HHN in Islands and how awesome they were. Made me think how awesome it could be to have the event at a brand new park with minimal restrictions (majority of the properties are Comcast owned) but yeah.. a family friendly event makes a ton of sense. Unless the tables turn and after a few years Uni becomes the family friendly park with Illumination possibly expanding much further there.

People see "4 lands" and freak out about size, but at least 2 of these "lands" will be huge, if I'm a betting man, and I'd also expect Nintendo to be a lot bigger than we originally anticipated.

Wait. You're saying two of the lands/worlds will be huge, but you're not including Nintendo. You've previously said that Monsters will be small. Are you referring to Fantastic Beasts being much larger than we thought?

Also, no way that SNW gets much larger without the introduction of a second major IP.

Wait. You're saying two of the lands/worlds will be huge, but you're not including Nintendo. You've previously said that Monsters will be small. Are you referring to Fantastic Beasts being much larger than we thought?

I think FB will be fairly sizable.

Also, no way that SNW gets much larger without the introduction of a second major IP.

I think SNW will be given a lot more room to breath.

A Fantastic Beasts land, much less a sizable one at that, just seems crazy to me. No one loves these movies, most people are either indifferent or actively dislike them. I do not believe there is some massive audience excited to step into the world of these films, as much as Universal wishes it were to be so Fantastic Beasts is not Harry Potter.

A Fantastic Beasts land, much less a sizable one at that, just seems crazy to me. No one loves these movies, most people are either indifferent or actively dislike them. I do not believe there is some massive audience excited to step into the world of these films, as much as Universal wishes it were to be so Fantastic Beasts is not Harry Potter.

Universal isn't the ones wishing. They're gonna make money off the lands no matter what. Warner Brothers are probably the ones freaking out.

But the FB land will finally give us the Ministry of Magic, so I'm excited for it.

Ok how about having popular TV shows land as an option at the fourth gate? Like The Walking Dead? You think Universal would look into that one day not now?

TWD is a rotten shell of the IP it was in the early 010's. Hollywood currently has something TWD-oriented, but even that should be on it's way out sooner than later..

I think FB will be fairly sizable.

I would agree with this. And that, I would assume that it wouldn't just be Ministry of Magic that comes to Fantastic/Epic Worlds when it comes to the Fantastic Beasts property in attractions.

__

Potter, even if it's with FB; will make money. And there are ways you can do it that'd make sense.

Universal isn't the ones wishing. They're gonna make money off the lands no matter what. Warner Brothers are probably the ones freaking out.

But the FB land will finally give us the Ministry of Magic, so I'm excited for it.

Yes obviously WB is panicking that one of the three legs they have built they're next decade on is proving to be so unstable, and DC is only now starting to find it footing, so lets hope for their sake that those LEGO movies keep doing well. But on Universal's side I'm picturing the Fantastic Worlds commercials/billboards... Mario, A Trained Dragon, Dracula, and Newt Scamander, it just seems off.

And I really wish Ministry of Magic was replacing Fear Factor instead, I'm sure what ever Universal comes up with will be neat, but it will be tough to be as pumped to go on a Ministry ride that doesn't feature Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy, or Arthur Weasely. You could make, say, a Fantastic Beasts-era Gringotts Ride but people wouldn't like it as much as the one we have now because it wouldn't have the characters we love.

Again I'm not doubting Universal's ability to make great attractions and beautiful lands and I am really interested to see what they do with a new park, but in this particular case it's difficult to be excited ahead of time when they are about not just a property you don't like, but a twisted and ruined version of a property you adore.

Status
Not open for further replies.