Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Nah, people will disproportionately go for the more popular Dino. The reason there's a line is partially do to Millennial FOMO; IE. I've seen this on Instagram now I must have my picture taken here too. Same thing with that purple/blue wall in Tomorrowland at MK. Foolishness if you ask me, but that's what makes this stuff super popular out of nowhere.

Maybe the solution is other species of dinosaurs to meet with as well then? More variety, sell more photos, make more money.
That’s what I’ve been calling for. Give me other dinos. Blue is the greatest meet and greet in Orlando parks so make it better by expanding the dinos. Herbivores would be obvious as a meet and greet with a T-Rex wouldn’t be possible. Or would it? Have it on an elevated platform with just the head sticking out of the tree line.

That’s what I’ve been calling for. Give me other dinos. Blue is the greatest meet and greet in Orlando parks so make it better by expanding the dinos. Herbivores would be obvious as a meet and greet with a T-Rex wouldn’t be possible. Or would it? Have it on an elevated platform with just the head sticking out of the tree line.

The animatronic Triceratops was pretty amazing, but the experience as a whole was pretty dull. I'm not sure other tame dinos would work much as a meet and greet, unless it was a group of them.

The animatronic Triceratops was pretty amazing, but the experience as a whole was pretty dull. I'm not sure other tame dinos would work much as a meet and greet, unless it was a group of them.
True true. Could go with the pachycephalosaurs which could still “attack.”

I loved Triceratops Encounter back in the day, for little kids it was magical seeing a Real Dinosaur, for grown ups it was impressive getting that up close and personal with such a beautiful and advanced animatronic, and for theme park fans it was fun having a live team member doing a fun, cheesy show. I really think Jurassic Island never recovered from it's closure, if I'm not in the mood to get wet I tend to just walk on through, so I'm excited to finally see some attention paid to it now.

I think there's enough demand to increase to 2 bays. There's always a line whenever I'm there
Agreed. And keep in mind that the foot traffic is going to increase with the opening of two new rides on that side of the park. A lot of families with little ones are going to be looking to kill time while the thrill seekers are in line for the new coaster. (Might be another reason for them to update Camp Jurassic.)

Also, while adding different dinos would be neat, I'd prefer to keep it to Raptors. I see the Raptor Encounter as a good complement to the Raptor themed coaster coming soon. And if they were to build a structure for the attraction, the theming/queue would be more coherent if they stuck with raptors.

Agreed. And keep in mind that the foot traffic is going to increase with the opening of two new rides on that side of the park. A lot of families with little ones are going to be looking to kill time while the thrill seekers are in line for the new coaster. (Might be another reason for them to update Camp Jurassic.)

Also, while adding different dinos would be neat, I'd prefer to keep it to Raptors. I see the Raptor Encounter as a good complement to the Raptor themed coaster coming soon. And if they were to build a structure for the attraction, the theming/queue would be more coherent if they stuck with raptors.

FWIW, the Encounter won't be attached to the new ride, it's moving behind Pizza Predatoria

We also can't discount the fact that UOR has gotten significantly more (young) family-friendly with the increase of on-site resorts and smaller height requirement attractions. In particular with IPs that gear more towards boys (Cars/Dinosaurs/Giant Apes).

I think it would be much more popular than it was when it was shuttered. And the more you can pump up those little kids, the more merch you sell.

Having one (or 2?) Raptors and one Triceratops would work fantastically.

FWIW, the Encounter won't be attached to the new ride, it's moving behind Pizza Predatoria
Ya sorry if I said something weird. I know they are separate but what I mean is having a coherent theme of "raptors" allows for easy marketing and merch. It pushes the area expansion as essentially having a mascot.

People want the DC replaced by the Glass Pyramid one from JW....which will definitely not happen

It would look great but it would cost a small fortune.

Keeping the theme true to Jurassic World, how do they explain the current building?

I get the impression if this was HP, it would be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.