Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 441 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any rumours on the drop pattern? Not sure if many have experience thirteen over here but that has a double drop (as in a tiny drop followed by the main drop) I think that makes it ALOT more extreme than if it were to just drop.

I think you can take you cue from the devil's snare scene in the movie. They learn to relax and it lets them slip down a bit then fully relax and you fall through

I'm enough of a Potterhead to at least brave it once! I'm sure, to me, it will be similar to the drop on Gringotts - something I do not look forward to, but once it's over, I'm good with it.

You won't be moving much forward or back so a pure vertical. Watch the scene in the movie for clues to what this will be like.

Reactions: Andysol
You won't be moving much forward or back so a pure vertical. Watch the scene in the movie for clues to what this will be like.

I've watched the movie enough times to know what to expect. :grin: I used Gringotts more as an example of something extreme (to me) that I don't necessarily look forward to.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I find it funny that the name of the new theme park has leaked, but not this ride.
I'm not surprised.

I'd wager that at this time the approvals for the coaster's name may not have even been finalized. Warner Brothers has a LONG history of dragging their feet on naming approvals for attractions. I know Six Flags has had to announce things, then re-announce with the WB Looney Tunes/Justice League name sometime afterwards. Their legal/approval department drags their feet with everything, and having JKR needing to give approval as well further complicates it. I would guess that the AT&T merger may have further slowed down the processes with new people looking at everything they do.

But, that kind of attention to detail is what helped make Wizarding World stand head and shoulders above most of the other work UC has done, so I'm happy there are checks from WB/JKR over all the new HP additions.

I've watched the movie enough times to know what to expect. :grin: I used Gringotts more as an example of something extreme (to me) that I don't necessarily look forward to.
If the drop is similar to VerBolten at BGW it isn't bad, except i think it takes so long for it to drop sometimes so you know it's gonna drop. I think you will be fine @truejonas . Goto Youtube and watch the POV for Verbolten its not too bad. I will even ride it with you during HHN, so we can scream and laugh together.

If the drop is similar to VerBolten at BGW it isn't bad, except i think it takes so long for it to drop sometimes so you know it's gonna drop. I think you will be fine @truejonas . Goto Youtube and watch the POV for Verbolten its not too bad. I will even ride it with you during HHN, so we can scream and laugh together.

Sorry. This drop will feel nothing like Verboltens. Assuming it operates like the other Intamin drop coasters, It’s much faster, much higher and much more intense.

It’s more intense than any single element in Gringotts, so erm, yeah.

Sorry. This drop will feel nothing like Verboltens. Assuming it operates like the other Intamin drop coasters, It’s much faster, much higher and much more intense.

It’s more intense than any single element in Gringotts, so erm, yeah.
Everyone I know who has ridden both Verbolten and Thirteen says that the drop track on Thirteen is slightly more intense than Verbolten's, but not a huge difference. Having some extra height shouldn't make the drop much more intense, it'll just last a quarter of a second longer.

Everyone I know who has ridden both Verbolten and Thirteen says that the drop track on Thirteen is slightly more intense than Verbolten's, but not a huge difference. Having some extra height shouldn't make the drop much more intense, it'll just last a quarter of a second longer.

I rode both about 10 days apart, aside from the timing issues (as we believe there’s a lot more show going on with Universals version) the drop is significantly different. Verbolten is a lot more controlled and the brakes take a lot longer to slow the train to a stop meaning there’s less force. Intamins system is near instant and results in a quick shift from negative to positive force. It’s much more of a short sharp shock, really not too dissimilar to that of a Tower of Terror direction change. Anyone expecting Verbolten will be very surprised.

Verbolten is however a better ride overall, but that’s a whole different discussion. ;)

I’m very curious to see what happens immediately after the drop on this ride, the track switch implies the train would need to move fairly slowly out of the drop mechanism.

From bio

Tons and tons of detail has been added, it looks like, but no snow?
Freaking gorgeous...I love when they do this stuff

Hogwarts doesn't have any snow either. They've never been consistent about the themed season in Hogsmeade, but nobody really notices so it's fine.
The intention was to present the respective areas as they are normally seen in the films...Hogsmede is normally seen in the snow, Hogwarts is normally seen in spring...Most people miss the cool detail of the "magical transition"

Status
Not open for further replies.