Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty clear what he said.

If you take the exact same coaster and theme the hell out of it, would it not be better? Is Everest not better in a mountain? Is Big Thunder not better with its theming?

A mountain and/or loads of rockeork would’ve been great. The time frame and budget doesn’t allow for that. It is what it is, and that’s ok.

Yes, this thing will be a relatively basic, damn fun, thrilling coaster. That’s fine. But to pretend it couldn’t be better and to dismiss any thought it could be is laughable.
Exactly. Also hate the excuse of well they ripped out two coasters with DC so this is just replacing that. I know DC had structural issues, but it was also an eyesore and theme mess. So doing the same exact thing in JP just because is why people complain.

A very small crowd comes specifically for coasters. For new attractions/lands, big crowds, but coasters just for the sake of "new coaster", "first", "longest", "tallest", "fastest", etc, it's really just a small crowd that plans on a visit just for that coaster. It might help influence an overall decision of going to a park or not, but only the die hard enthusiasts plan a trip based solely on one coaster.
In the case of tourists to 'Orlando', I agree. Most of the areas that the bulk of tourists come from are close to the regional parks that are continually adding new coasters. No reason for a trip to Orlando just to catch a basically non themed coaster. But I do think a new coaster will spur attendance from central Florida locals. They'll flock to the park for it, and I'd guess it would help increase AP sales too.

Exactly. Also hate the excuse of well they ripped out two coasters with DC so this is just replacing that. I know DC had structural issues, but it was also an eyesore and theme mess. So doing the same exact thing in JP just because is why people complain.
In all seriousness, I'm expecting this coaster to be much better landscaped and rock worked than DD

Now it's time for the semi-annual reminder that families are not all 100% exactly the same. This adds variety, while people can also do the other things in the park while they're there.

Now it's time for the semi-annual reminder that families are not all 100% exactly the same. This adds variety, while people can also do the other things in the park while they're there.

Serious question. If it was the exact same layout, launches, speed, ride vehicles, etc. But themed to the 9s, would you like the coaster less?

It’s fine if people want butt kicking, heart racing coasters. I think they should have those, 100%. But it’s not like theming takes away from that element.
It’s not and/or. They can coexist.

As a local, I think a new coaster will attract a ton of local AP guests, possibly bringing in new ones as well.
We don't have many coaster parks in Florida so it's great when any new coasters are added to the lineup.
Add universal level theming (even on a smaller scale), and you can guarantee the coaster will attract crowds.

Ok since I’m SO BEHIND. Is the coaster layout confirmed and will there be AA’s or anything besides just coaster?..Also why can’t we ever just get a new Dark Ride for an IP such as Jurassic Park?..It would be so awesome to get a JP attraction similar to Dinosaur in AK or Indiana Jones In Disneyland. In my opinion Universal needs more rides like those.

Ok since I’m SO BEHIND. Is the coaster layout confirmed and will there be AA’s or anything besides just coaster?..Also why can’t we ever just get a new Dark Ride for an IP such as Jurassic Park?..It would be so awesome to get a JP attraction similar to Dinosaur in AK or Indiana Jones In Disneyland. In my opinion Universal needs more rides like those.
Ok....so the coaster itself hasn't even been confirmed let alone the layout and probably wont be anytime soon:lmao: Speculation says maybe a show scene in the beginning of the coaster and no AA's mentioned yet i dont believe on the ride but maybe in the queue

I thought it was pretty clear what he said.

If you take the exact same coaster and theme the hell out of it, would it not be better? Is Everest not better in a mountain? Is Big Thunder not better with its theming?

A mountain and/or loads of rockeork would’ve been great. The time frame and budget doesn’t allow for that. It is what it is, and that’s ok.

Yes, this thing will be a relatively basic, damn fun, thrilling coaster. That’s fine. But to pretend it couldn’t be better and to dismiss any thought it could be is laughable.

The ride will have rock work, I've been told in confidence about this. My question is why this whole "hide large coaster elements" angle. There's a weird obsession with hiding the fact this is a roller coaster. It's a big coater across the lagoon that draws people to the back of the park, why hide it? Let the coaster be a coaster.

*edit*

To further clarify, all attractions must be approached on their own terms. Like a movie concept, once its approached on its concept then we can determine execution and worth. Big Thunder and Everest approach the attraction concept as a train ride through a mountain. It's why I don't think Tron having exposed supports and track is a problem either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also why can’t we ever just get a new Dark Ride for an IP such as Jurassic Park?..It would be so awesome to get a JP attraction similar to Dinosaur in AK or Indiana Jones In Disneyland. In my opinion Universal needs more rides like those.

Logistically, there's just not enough room for that kind of large-scale dark ride in JP now that Kong and Hogwarts have eaten up the expansion plots on either side. Consequently, that has led Universal to believe this coaster plan is their most viable option and the best use of available space to add a significant attraction to the land.

I totally get wanting another dark ride-type dinosaur attraction, and I don't think a coaster of this sort is a particularly great fit for the IP, but Universal and most here disagree. It is what it is.

Permits show the coaster layout and the buildings that are associated with it. This includes a show-building on the first launch. Rumors indicate that show-building will include at least one animatronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.