Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

How about update this attraction into the Tom cruise mummy despite it dissapointing at the box office they can least keep it updated. Or would you rather have a totally new attraction replace this down the line in another decade?

Leave it as is and just give it a major refurbishment when it absolutely needs it down the road with a new track & AA. it really doesn’t need to be attached at any movie related Mummy movie, 99 Mummy or Tom Cruise one, it’s classic ride imo and one of the best indoor roller coasters.

I think it definitely has a significant enough cult following to keep going for awhile. To be honest, I had never seen any of The Mummy movies until after my last trip earlier this month (I've seen them now). But I've had three trips to the parks in the last 365 days where I hadn't seen the movies and The Mummy was my favorite ride in both parks (and I'm saying that as a person who initially started going to Universal because of Potter).

I think it could use a significant refurb with AA updates, maybe update the story in the queue, but all in all I think it's good enough to stick around awhile. It's fun!
They've been playing the three films a ton on TV recently...They are still fun movies to be honest

I would argue that the ride remains a fun classic and keeps interest going in the films

Never ever change the cup of coffee ending. It's the best part of the ride. Love the present Orlando version.....One day I took my time to read the story line at the beginning of the queue. It's actually a really good background story.
I disagree. It’s great for us APers because we are ‘in the know’ and ‘get the reference,’ but it’s jarring for almost everyone else because the queue rarely backs up past the end of the set where the joke is given context.

I disagree. It’s great for us APers because we are ‘in the know’ and ‘get the reference,’ but it’s jarring for almost everyone else because the queue rarely backs up past the end of the set where the joke is given context.

Mummy is a testament to how dumb lengthy background stories for rides are. I hope it never changes.

I generally have Express. I just decided to put some time aside, stand in the regular line, and read through it while the people coming in walked past me. It's a really long story, but well written and conceived, and takes a good amount of time to read it. But it is a good story. As JS said, the ride's still enjoyable & fun even if you don't know the story. I enjoyed it immensely for a couple of years before I took the time to read it in the line....

I generally have Express. I just decided to put some time aside, stand in the regular line, and read through it while the people coming in walked past me. It's a really long story, but well written and conceived, and takes a good amount of time to read it. But it is a good story. As JS said, the ride's still enjoyable & fun even if you don't know the story. I enjoyed it immensely before I took the time to read it in the line....
I don’t disagree that the story is well written and generally great for entertainment in the queue, but I shouldn’t need to know information from that film to understand the ride.

It would be like Kilimanjaro Safaris, old school, requiring me to know about the poachers that have been lurking around to understand the story on the ride. They re-established the context once you boarded the truck, so the queue video wasn’t required viewing.

I don’t disagree that the story is well written and generally great for entertainment in the queue, but I shouldn’t need to know information from that film to understand the ride.

It would be like Kilimanjaro Safaris, old school, requiring me to know about the poachers that have been lurking around to understand the story on the ride. They re-established the context once you boarded the truck, so the queue video wasn’t required viewing.
But I enjoyed the ride before I ever read the story. And, like JS said, stories don't really matter. They're secondary to the ride. They're just a nice embellishment. I've been saying the same, over the years, in response to ride reviews that complain about the story line and elevate it's importance over the fun aspect. Heck, most rides are apx. 4 minutes long. How much story can you need. ....All that said, the coffee scene at the end is the most enjoyable and memorable part of the ride. They really hit it with that ending.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: remove all references to the Fraiser Mummy franchise, and honor the historic and mythologically elements all the cinematic iterations utilize.

This is intriguing. I actually kind of like this.

I agree with the general consensus. Some new AAs, add some additional effects here and there (fire/water effects). I always thought during the scarab scene they should throw some rice on you.

Geez, looking to give me nightmares?

If someone starts throwing rice at me, not even the medjai symbol will save them.

Whoa, calm down Satan.

Next you're going to suggest puffs of air.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing you said @truejonas too funny, you must be similar to me and have no filter no chill.
If & when they might decide something does anyone think if they wou re do it as the Chinese Mummy one or that would have to make them gut it out I assume. But other than that they could add a string thing so it feels like cobwebs in you hair or over you face.