Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

162926eyzuixa100ykxx6t.jpg

More cool shots at ThemeparX

Universal Studios Beijing construction updates

Why is everything so green?

Because plants THRIVE on carbon dioxide. I wondered the same thing... even the future long canals that they have dug are green with grassy matter.

According to a post on that site it is to keep the dust and dirt from blowing around.

Indeed! We wouldn’t want dust contaminating Beijing’s pristine air quality!

First things I noticed on the new site. Some of these might already be common knowledge?

- A mention of the “first-ever Universal themed hotel”
- A mention of a Nuo Resort opening up (probably separate from the other hotel?)
- Concept Art shows a large hotel at the entrance, Far Far Away castle (like Singapore), JP Discovery Center, Hogwarts, an amphitheater like USF, and a coaster that looks a lot like the Hulk.
- Nothing fun hidden in the (so many!) pages of fine print

First things I noticed on the new site. Some of these might already be common knowledge?

- A mention of the “first-ever Universal themed hotel”
- A mention of a Nuo Resort opening up (probably separate from the other hotel?)
- Concept Art shows a large hotel at the entrance, Far Far Away castle (like Singapore), JP Discovery Center, Hogwarts, an amphitheater like USF, and a coaster that looks a lot like the Hulk.

The concept art represented, is out of date.

They may of told things for Chinese outlets to keep them informed early on, but they are seemingly keeping quiet for now on the english front.

The concept art represented, is out of date.

They may of told things for Chinese outlets to keep them informed early on, but they are seemingly keeping quiet for now on the english front.
The concept art was literally a hodgepodge of stuff from every other park, so that makes sense.

Yeah the English content is very much lacking for the resort with almost all new info in Mandarin. A lot of the information also is bundled with political stuff as its a major government project as well.

The concept art was literally a hodgepodge of stuff from every other park, so that makes sense.

Yeah, I guess at this point; with the project likely not launching until closer to the Winter Olympics, they don't need to address everything for English audiences out of the gate.

I am wondering, when will Hogsmeade be announced formally though.

Yeah the English content is very much lacking for the resort with almost all new info in Mandarin. A lot of the information also is bundled with political stuff as its a major government project as well.

I have to ask, was that the same way for when Disney had it's Shanghai site up? I'm interested if anyone knows in that regard, if the political was there for Disney's early on.

I have to ask, was that the same way for when Disney had it's Shanghai site up? I'm interested if anyone knows in that regard, if the political was there for Disney's early on.

For Shanghai it was political but not as political as this one. This resort is literally totally transforming this area of Beijing which originally was lacking in infrastructure and jobs into an tourism arts and entertainment district. So there are a lot of implications with the success of this project as it has more consequences for Xi Jing Ping and the party.

The entire site has a ton of fine print. 6 full pages or so. Most of that looked like generic GDPR compliance, so I wouldn’t read into any of the terms of conditions/privacy policy pages.

Yeah, I guess at this point; with the project likely not launching until closer to the Winter Olympics, they don't need to address everything for English audiences out of the gate.

I am wondering, when will Hogsmeade be announced formally though.

If I remember correctly the english language site for Disney Shanghai was pretty bad. Again almost everything was in Mandarin and very little news. I guess in a country with 1.3 billion people they don't really need to advertise to people in other markets?!?

Chinese media is reporting possible budget increase and plussing of attractions to increase the ability for Universal to compete against Disney...has not been confirmed yet though

Chinese media is reporting possible budget increase and plussing of attractions to increase the ability for Universal to compete against Disney...has not been confirmed yet though

Interesting. Isn't this already the most expensive theme park ever to be built?

I'm wondering if it might mean we see more attractions rather than all just plussing of the planned ones.

Interesting. Isn't this already the most expensive theme park ever to be built?

I'm wondering if it might mean we see more attractions rather than all just plussing of the planned ones.

Well its the most expensive theme park resort to ever be built. Will point out the money infusion could be spread into the second park.

Well its the most expensive theme park resort to ever be built. Will point out the money infusion could be spread into the second park.
I wonder how much of that record is based on infrastructure costs. Realistically, will this resort feel like the most expensive in the world once guests shart coming in?