The "Original" USF Attractions | Inside Universal Forums

The "Original" USF Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 31, 2010
Tampa, FL
I'm thinking about Universal and the attractions that remain relatively unchanged from opening day in 1990, until now.

The only ones I can think of is those two (E.T. and Animal Actors).

The Horror Make-Up Show is also still there, but the name and setup has changed a few times over the years.

Its only been 23 years and the park is nearly entirely changed since it first opened. And yet, I think most people are more excited about the new attractions than sad for the older ones.

I'm thinking about Universal and the attractions that remain relatively unchanged from opening day in 1990, until now.

The only ones I can think of is those two (E.T. and Animal Actors).

The Horror Make-Up Show is also still there, but the name and setup has changed a few times over the years.

Its only been 23 years and the park is nearly entirely changed since it first opened. And yet, I think most people are more excited about the new attractions than sad for the older ones.

Well NY and Hollywood are relatively unchanged..as well as Mel's diner I believe

I guess there's more semantics. E.T. is the least changed I suppose.

I don't watch the animal actors show often, so I don't know the changes that it has been through.

Life moves on, simple yet profound. I love the old rides but if they were still there I highly doubt i would have a reason to visit USF simply because theyre not relelvant

I believe that some of the older attractions might be more relevant than what is there now. I would think that Ghostbusters and Alfred Hitchcock as movies or movie makers have stayed much more relevant than Twister or Shrek. And while the Mummy is a good ride, I believe that King Kong is much more iconic of a movie monster.

Getting rid of Ghostbusters for Twister was a mistake. I also really miss Alfred Hitchcock, and the original Earthquake (although most younger audiences have no clue what those movies are, so it makes sense that they got rid of them".

Kong was a classic, and Im really surprised they removed it for the Mummy, but I do think Mummy is a much better ride.

Life moves on, simple yet profound. I love the old rides but if they were still there I highly doubt i would have a reason to visit USF simply because theyre not relelvant

I know I wouldn't be as interested and going as often had the old rides still been there. I remember going in the 90s a few times and thinking to myself that I was getting bored with going and after a few times on some of the rides was enough. I guess I was at that age where I wanted bill thrills and along comes IOA and it has been happily ever after :lol:

Wasn't there a rights issue with Ghostbusters? I could of sworn that was the reason USF got rid of it, not because they necessarily wanted to.

Even if that was the case they had the street actors driving around in Eco1 for years after they closed the show and didnt they even have a small show on the library steps for a little bit?

I always thought of Jaws as the "Original" USF attraction, simply because it is a huge part of the tram tour, and when they decided to do USF they want Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake to be their own rides. Jaws, and Kong for that matter, was one of the big reasons why USF even exists. It truly was hard to say goodbye to that.

Now, E.T. is the "Original" USF attractions because of the departure of Jaws, but if by original you mean an original USF ride that's unique to USF, it's gotta be the Horror Make Up Show. I could be wrong, but where else will you see this show at a Universal Studios Theme Park?

I always thought of Jaws as the "Original" USF attraction, simply because it is a huge part of the tram tour, and when they decided to do USF they want Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake to be their own rides. Jaws, and Kong for that matter, was one of the big reasons why USF even exists. It truly was hard to say goodbye to that.

Now, E.T. is the "Original" USF attractions because of the departure of Jaws, but if by original you mean an original USF ride that's unique to USF, it's gotta be the Horror Make Up Show. I could be wrong, but where else will you see this show at a Universal Studios Theme Park?

Someone changed the title of my thread, I just said E.T. and Animal Actors were the last ones standing in my thread title.

Couldn’t find a proper thread for Jaws so I’ll just write my idea here. So I’ve been feeling very nestalgic for JAWS the ride. In my humble opinion Jaws is the heart and soul of Universal Studios as a park and a studio. The shark deserves a bigger presence in the park besides a photo-op. So here is my idea. Why not bring a Jaws animatronic into the lagoon? There is a section of the lagoon not being used for the projection/fireworks show. Why not add a JAWS shark attack section near the bridge area of the lagoon? It would give the lagoon some interaction and some life/thrills to the guests. I’m not talking anything crazy. Something similar to what Hollywood has. Bruce just randomly lunges himself out of the water. Probably, my idea isn’t worth the time or effort. I just wish people can experience JAWS again in some way shape or form.

Couldn’t find a proper thread for Jaws so I’ll just write my idea here. So I’ve been feeling very nestalgic for JAWS the ride. In my humble opinion Jaws is the heart and soul of Universal Studios as a park and a studio. The shark deserves a bigger presence in the park besides a photo-op. So here is my idea. Why not bring a Jaws animatronic into the lagoon? There is a section of the lagoon not being used for the projection/fireworks show. Why not add a JAWS shark attack section near the bridge area of the lagoon? It would give the lagoon some interaction and some life/thrills to the guests. I’m not talking anything crazy. Something similar to what Hollywood has. Bruce just randomly lunges himself out of the water. Probably, my idea isn’t worth the time or effort. I just wish people can experience JAWS again in some way shape or form.
I've always liked that idea too. Some of us mentioned that as a idea to use for the former Cinemagic lagoon show. It would have been sooo cool in the night, with spotlights, along with the Jaws movie clips on the former barge water screens.

I like the idea too. Maybe even something as simple as a fin that pops out of the water and "swims" around, randomly throughout the day. Again, probably not worth the effort/money, but would be a cool Easter egg and having Jaws live in the lagoon at the Studios is kind of a simple cool idea for a movie so important to Universal's history.