Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 454 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anything going on between the spike and the area left of the spike (between the spike and the return to unload)> there seems to be a lot of equipment parked there. I' guessing this will just be filled in with trees right?

How visible is the big showbuilding for the drop tracks? I see it’s unthemed, will trees be enough to hide this?
I imagine some places may be visible for a year or so as the trees grow in a bit

The show building is also very visible from the HE

I think I've reached the point with photo updates where - instead of meticulously scrutinizing them like in the past - I'm going to have to quickly glance and then scroll past. It's all coming together so fast that I don't want to feel like I've seen the whole ride before I've even been on it!
This has been the first ride that is almost completely outdoors in a loong time...Odd to be able to see the entire layout

I am excited for the mystery of the show scenes though

I imagine some places may be visible for a year or so as the trees grow in a bit

The show building is also very visible from the HE

This has been the first ride that is almost completely outdoors in a loong time...Odd to be able to see the entire layout

I am excited for the mystery of the show scenes though
Yes. Like a modern day JPRA or Jaws.

That's a good spot, took me a while!

Untitled-2.jpg
I notice primer on the rails as well. Think they are using the chasis to recheck the track welds/joints?

Reactions: natespf
Oh, and one thing I forgot. Pandora/Avatar was supposed to have three rides, with one being a coaster (assuming the know-alls knew all). The entire ride was slashed. So, uh, yeah, I'm just excited for this coaster, with its multitude of scenes, launches, setting, abbey (normal or not), and yet another reason to come back to one of my favorite parks.

Was reading while thinking...Abbey? Abbey Normal...been too long since I last saw young Frankenstein.

If I may touch on the holding brake for a second, I don't think it would have needed an evac platform of any kind because it isn't something new intamin has done. They have done coasters with the holding brake and it did not need anything significant as it wasn't considered a block and it would hold you for a second or two.

I’m surprised both cranes are still in place. It doesn’t look like there is much, if anything, left for them to do.

Two observations:

1) Hogwarts seems so tiny now

2) Once the lake is filled, that’s going to be a beautiful area. Glad we’ll be over the water for a nice turn, should be great.

Last edited:
It was originally permitted as a building, so pretty sure it was more than speculation.

Agree though, Mine Train is a better example of a cut that actually made a huge difference to the ride. I still like it, but could've been a lot longer.

EDIT: There were 8 new buildings originally permitted for the project at the start: Maintenance, the 3 small support buildings, round structure, drop track building, the addition to the queue building near start of ride, and the spike enclosure. So far, all of the other buildings were built, only one was not.

Do you have your Woodbury interview request filed yet? Might get an answer- or not. Worth a shot.

How visible is the big showbuilding for the drop tracks? I see it’s unthemed, will trees be enough to hide this?

I think anything you see painted that dark green will have heavy vegetation planted in front of it.

That almost looks like a giant tree stump they are building before the spike.

It could be, you dive into the cave under ala whomping willow scene? In any case it will hide the spike so down under you go (headchopper?) and shoot out on the spike. It is a big structure, maybe they can find an unused yeti platform to have a creature lunge out at you? That always works out well doesn't it?

Last edited:
If they did originally plan to enclose that spike, then having that little dip before the climb is now a huge stroke of luck as its allowing them to put up a smaller rock like structure to hide it from view as youre approaching it. Makes me think no plans have changed here to be honest. If you dont know whats coming, and most wont, then that dip under the rocks and spike climb is going to be amazing, even without enclosure.

Also, think its only just dawned on me how brilliant that hop through the abbey and then diving under the rock/caves is going to be, think that could well turn out to be the highlight of the ride.

Reactions: 12th Man
Was reading while thinking...Abbey? Abbey Normal...been too long since I last saw young Frankenstein.
Perhaps the funniest movie ever made. Universal needs to acquire the rights to that for their rumored Monsters World in the new park. Frankenstein doing the song and dance routine would be perfect for a show in the World :lol:...... and...the Potter Coaster is going to be absolutely awesome, no doubt.

View attachment 8849 View attachment 8850

I commented on a post on their official Facebook page today. I know I'm not alone in being frustrated with their silence.
Normally The Celebration of Harry Potter is going on right now. Even though it was canceled, it seems as though they still want to talk about Potter right now for some reason. My hope is they're chumming the waters, priming us for the big announcement. Hopefully.

If I may touch on the holding brake for a second, I don't think it would have needed an evac platform of any kind because it isn't something new intamin has done. They have done coasters with the holding brake and it did not need anything significant as it wasn't considered a block and it would hold you for a second or two.

They would either need a safe way to manually lower the train or a safe way for people to get off the train. I'm not sure about the other coasters, but could it be they can use some type of cherry picker if needed but it wouldn't work for this one with theming in the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.