Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 456 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cave-like rockwork before spike. Probably the same that's around Fluffy.

I'm more curious to see if the twisted tree trunks around the spiral up and entry to the drop building made it through cuts.

Judging by the aerials they're either precast pieces that are just going to show up one day or they've been cut due to how close the treeline is to the track. Given how critical of a pivot point this seems to be in the storyboard of the ride, I'd imagine they'd need some kind of alternative to get us into the show building.

Also, I know a lot of you have questions regarding the mechanics/safety of the track switch so here's a great video mounted to the rear of a train from a roller coaster in China. It shows the same style of track switch that will be used on Potter Coaster. Here's a couple of things to consider when watching:

1. You'll notice how quickly the track pivots/locks into place. Home position on a track switch like this is actually the straight piece. Curved piece is considered a transfer.
2. In the instance of a power failure or a track switch failure, the LSMs will not be able to advance a train into launch sequence. "Home mode" on LSMs always slow down a train. It'd take an entire football team to try and manually push a train thru one of these magnets.
3. On future coasters coming out from Intamin (Parc Asterix) you'll find that the train has enough forward track to automatically advance the train without having to stop. I'm not sure if Potter will feature this or the stopping element but I don't think it makes much of a different in terms of ride quality.
4. Yes LSM fins naturally hiss like that.

If you believe some rumors, they gotta save that Whomping Willow for the spinner ride replacing Sindbad, right, lol.
If you’re gonna steal my tumor rumor, at least source me. ;)

Hate to take it down and find you had one more thing to lift and move :doh:
They have two. But more, whatever needed to be moved at this point (AC units, etc) wouldn’t need a giant stationary crane anymore.

@Alicia - when you’re out there again, if you can, try to take a pic of the cranes again from the angle you did last time you were there. I’d be curious if they’ve moved at all. If they haven’t, then we’ll know they’re coming down any day. That’ll be an exciting day from the ground.

Last edited:
If you’re gonna steal my tumor, at least source me. ;)

They have two. But more, whatever needed to be moved at this point (AC units, etc) wouldn’t need a giant stationary crane anymore.

@Alicia - when you’re out there again, if you can, try to take a pic of the cranes again from the angle you did last time you were there. I’d be curious if they’ve moved at all. If they haven’t, then we’ll know they’re coming down any day. That’ll be an exciting day from the ground.
Pretty sure they will use the one to take down the other then bring in the mobile for the last one. I believe the two cranes cross each other and one is higher than the other. Forget which is which but the tall one should be last. Hoping for a visit tomorrow or Wednesday so I will check it while sipping my Hog's tea :toast::private:

Status
Not open for further replies.