Injury on ET Adventure? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Injury on ET Adventure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very possible. Every time I ride I always look at the unload platform when you pull in. There's a sharp edge on the inside of the cart as you turn the corner. Somebody 5'10" or taller can easily reach it.

Reactions: HPFred
Very possible. Every time I ride I always look at the unload platform when you pull in. There's a sharp edge on the inside of the cart as you turn the corner. Somebody 5'10" or taller can easily reach it.
That’s why the wicker “grass” is there. You feel it as you scrape by, then you bring your limb in. The grass is like the bumps on the side of the road, to warn you you’re outside the lines.

If you don’t bring it in from the grass, you’re going to hit the bars at unload.

That’s why the wicker “grass” is there. You feel it as you scrape by, then you bring your limb in. The grass is like the bumps on the side of the road, to warn you you’re outside the lines.

If you don’t bring it in from the grass, you’re going to hit the bars at unload.

There's a section that doesn't have the "grass" that faces directly at the front cart. Not on the side of the cart. It's a quick moment as you turn but if your leg is out it's going to be trouble.

here's a story by Theme Park University about the incident:

Did Someone Twist Their Foot Off While Riding The E.T. Adventure At Universal Studios Florida? - Theme Park University

I'm a bit surprised they'd re-open the ride that quickly in the slower season that it is now with these extra measures that are so temporary, on the other hand, maybe it's to publicly give the impression that it's less of a problem than reported if they closed it for an extended period of time.

It does seem odd if this has never happened before in that many years of the ride existing. The ride vehicle is a bit unique though as it's closer to a floorless feeling ride than most others, so there's less of a "keep your legs inside" feeling than more enclosed rides.

I get the impression that people are more used to the idea of keeping their hands and arms inside than their legs.

To be fair, Disneyland had someone escape their seat on Space Mountain and it took 2 days for them to acknowledge it.

Considering the ride has been closed since yesterday afternoon and I see no scheduled refurbs for it, I think it’s at least *possible* this is true.

I hope it isn’t, but who knows.
Odd as it may seem, that kind of incident happens often - when I worked at Disney people got out of Space Mountain on the lift a few times

Reactions: tankart150
here's a story by Theme Park University about the incident:

Did Someone Twist Their Foot Off While Riding The E.T. Adventure At Universal Studios Florida? - Theme Park University

I'm a bit surprised they'd re-open the ride that quickly in the slower season that it is now with these extra measures that are so temporary, on the other hand, maybe it's to publicly give the impression that it's less of a problem than reported if they closed it for an extended period of time.

It does seem odd if this has never happened before in that many years of the ride existing. The ride vehicle is a bit unique though as it's closer to a floorless feeling ride than most others, so there's less of a "keep your legs inside" feeling than more enclosed rides.

I get the impression that people are more used to the idea of keeping their hands and arms inside than their legs.

Seeing as it's running limited capacity, they could be physically redoing one side, but are leaving the other open (just slightly altered) to keep rumors down?