Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bottom line, it's going to be fascinating/frustrating to watch how Disney and park ops handle this thing.

I'm already kind of dreading how I'm going to begin to tackle it on my trip a year from now. Assuming FPs will be all gone thanks to resort guests, it's probably going to be difficult, unless I set aside a full extra day just for Galaxy's Edge and spend all day in two lines, but I'd rather not!

Let me put it in perspective, in 2016 pre-Pandora DAK would be slammed if 25k were in the park, an average day was around 21k. According to numbers, that year the average guest count was 30k a day. I never saw a day at that park reach that amount, not even over Christmas. (Worked KSR from June until August, fiancé was at TITW from May till Jan) There is no way that DHS, which only has slightly higher capacity during the SW:GE expansion, that they're anywhere near that number and not at consistent 2 hour waits for everything. They simply have less to do and the numbers online aren’t reliable.

Pre Pandora, AK would be a ghost town in the afternoon. Pandora probably impacted the park almost as much as Potter did IoA. Simply because it wa the only major expansion in all 4 parks.

DHS is already a crowd nightmare.

Bottom line, it's going to be fascinating/frustrating to watch how Disney and park ops handle this thing.

I'm already kind of dreading how I'm going to begin to tackle it on my trip a year from now. Assuming FPs will be all gone thanks to resort guests, it's probably going to be difficult, unless I set aside a full extra day just for Galaxy's Edge and spend all day in two lines, but I'd rather not!

You’ll be fine. Same strategy as Pandora. Be in line an hour and 15 min before the park officially opens, book it to one E ticket, then hit the other E ticket right after. You’ll be done with SW within the first hour of the park opening.

You’ll be fine. Same strategy as Pandora. Be in line an hour and 15 min before the park officially opens, book it to one E ticket, then hit the other E ticket right after. You’ll be done with SW within the first hour of the park opening.

Theoretically, yes. But that's assuming the park won't have morning EMHs every day, which I don't think is a given. The land may already be full of people before rope drop.

Ok you’re gonna back up this claim with specifics on people that say NRJ is worth a 2 hour wait. Who? I’ve never heard ANYONE say it’s worth that kind of a wait.
NRJ is worth a fastpass wait time. I can't fathom anyone waiting 2 hours unless they've never seen it.

Yes. Some of the key insiders on this site have been essentially saying the same over the years, and that the TEA numbers for AK & DHS have been significantly inflated.
This forum has zero Disney insiders.

Reactions: twebber55

Have you actually tried this? Now it's been a year, but when I went people were lined up 2 hours before the park opened, and the line was 3 hours instantly by rope drop.

if you are waiting 2 hours before the park opens, you are still waiting for 2 hours to ride.

I was able to get a fast pass for FOP, and the line at opening for NRJ was only 25 mins, so I was able to hit both with no worries.

The big issue is that both attractions will be super popular.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
NRJ is worth a fastpass wait time. I can't fathom anyone waiting 2 hours unless they've never seen it.

This forum has zero Disney insiders.
Marni pops over here every now & then, and he's probably the number one insider in the theme park world . Disneyhead has sources there, and Joe has people over there that he can get some info from.Seth Kubersky posts here also.

Reactions: natespf
Theoretically, yes. But that's assuming the park won't have morning EMHs every day, which I don't think is a given. The land may already be full of people before rope drop.

Good point. I only went to Pandora on mornings without EMHs.

Have you actually tried this? Now it's been a year, but when I went people were lined up 2 hours before the park opened, and the line was 3 hours instantly by rope drop.

if you are waiting 2 hours before the park opens, you are still waiting for 2 hours to ride.

I was able to get a fast pass for FOP, and the line at opening for NRJ was only 25 mins, so I was able to hit both with no worries.

The big issue is that both attractions will be super popular.

Yes I used this strategy for Pandora on several occasions between Aug. and Nov. in 2017. Always walked on FoP, then waited 20 min for NRJ. Always finished within an hour.

Yes it’ll be different for SW:GE, but it’s your best shot of knocking it out without waiting for hours. Assuming there’s no EMH, you should be able to walk on one attraction - we’ll know which one is more popular once they open - then hit the second one without an unreasonable wait.

Reactions: belloq87
Marni pops over here every now & then, and he's probably the number one insider in the theme park world . Disneyhead has sources there, and Joe has people over there that he can get some info from.Seth Kubersky posts here also.

I’ll just have to disagree. Martin hasn’t ever dropped any Disney news on here. He sticks to dropping it on magic.

Honestly, I look to @Nick as our resident Disney expert. But only because he’s well informed and keeps up to date with it all.

Reactions: twebber55
I’ll just have to disagree. Martin hasn’t ever dropped any Disney news on here. He sticks to dropping it on magic.

Honestly, I look to @Nick as our resident Disney expert. But only because he’s well informed and keeps up to date with it all.
But Martin confirms things in his stops here....like how many people that really go to the parks.....plus he gives pertinent info to a few very prominent people on this site. That I know for a certainty.....Nick is certainly well informed on WDW, but I don't think he would refer to himself as a insider.

Disney just doesn't get the capacity issue. I mean, NRJ blows, and the Imagineers, outside of rainbow farting unicorn believer Rhode, knew that. But they also knew Dwarf Hill got mobbed for years, being a pretty mediocre ride with about 20 seconds of dark ride.

They clearly got this with th D23 onslaught of new rides being completely unprecedented.

NRJ should have had MUCH bigger boats. It's dumb founding how small they are for a new ride.

Falcon could have easily had 50% more capacity with just two more pod setups. They should have known damn good and well that the land would be absolutely slammed, and they needed a massive capacity. Especially after FoP's theater issues crippled it when it opened. One pod setup breaks down, and SR has a laughable capacity. Why put in new rides with lower capacity than Midway Mania, that had significant money spent to add 50% capacity.

RotR is a bit harder. They best fill every damn seat, and dispatch exactly on time as much as possible. It is the ride with the potential of getting MASSIVE buzz. It could have easily had 50% more capacity with Spider-man sized vehicles. Heck, do an emergency redesign, removing the droids from the front, and adding a third row. They could well get 12 people on a vehicle with the same footprint. As long as the elevators could take the increased load.

Why doesn't Disney think of these things? If they don't, they need new Imagineers. If they do, and just don't care, my guess, then they just suck at guest satisfaction now.

They do think about it... $$$

But Martin confirms things in his stops here....like how many people that really go to the parks.....plus he gives pertinent info to a few very prominent people on this site. That I know for a certainty.....Nick is certainly well informed on WDW, but I don't think he would refer to himself as a insider.
If I have inside information on anything it’s actually always Universal (I was clued in on the lagoon project down to the day and time of the surprise open)... but even then it’s just here and there that I hear stuff for Uni.

When it comes to WDW, I’m certainly not an insider, but I do keep up with who I consider credible around the WDW rumor mill and if it’s anything good, I’ll report it back over here.

But no, in general, I would not consider myself and insider.

In an article today on Theme Park Insider, Editor/Owner Robert Niles seems to be debunking the rosy capacity projections of some for the two new SW attractions....Niles: "The best estimates I have heard from sources I trust suggest that the number of ride units and cycle times for each attraction will put the hourly capacity for the Falcon ride in the low 1000's and Resistance in the mid to upper 1000's. Together, that's like adding another Pirates of the Caribbean to the park. That's nice, but not nearly enough to suck up the crowds who initially will visit the land. That's just going to mean more poor word of mouth as wait times extend past even those for Flight of Passage"...........If those figures prove accurate, like wow, it's going to be tougher than anticipated to get a ride in.

If that Resistance estimate is accurate, somebody in Imagineering needs to be fired.

Well, they are sending 16 seats out at a time, compared to Spider-Man's 12, and Spidey has a huge capacity. I think spidey has 20 second scenes. I could see RotR having longer scenes since there are two cars to move out, and the cars don't have walls, so you are going to have to leave the room to be fully out of view, not just turn a corner.

However, if RotR's capacity is really that low, that would mean like 30 second scenes. ANd if the 18 scene rumors are true (I don't believe them), the ride would be 9 minutes long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
a lot of people thought slinky dog would be a capacity nightmare, but it's performed a lot better then doom sayers predicted. Until the ride is in operation, we will have no actual idea how it will handle the massive crowds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol and natespf
Well, they are sending 16 seats out at a time, compared to Spider-Man's 12, and Spidey has a huge capacity. I think spidey has 20 second scenes. I could see RotR having longer scenes since there are two cars to move out, and the cars don't have walls, so you are going to have to leave the room to be fully out of view, not just turn a corner.

However, if RotR's capacity is really that low, that would mean like 30 second scenes. ANd if the 18 scene rumors are true (I don't believe them), the ride would be 9 minutes long.
18 scenes include pre shows and loading room.

Ride starts at scene 4 or 5 I believe.