Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't get the sentiment of many saying "We lost 2 coasters". While technically true, I think that thought is a bit disingenuous. In reality they were basically the same ride/experience whichever track you happened to pick.

In reality we really only lost "1 attraction".

It would be like if Disney got rid of Star Tours and people would say "We lost 54 rides" (because of the number of variations of different video combinations you can get while riding it).

just my 2 cents.

I personally don't get the sentiment of many saying "We lost 2 coasters". While technically true, I think that thought is a bit disingenuous. In reality they were basically the same ride/experience whichever track you happened to pick.

It would be like if Disney got rid of Star Tours and people would say "We lost 54 rides" (because of the number of variations of different video combinations you can get while riding it).

just my 2 cents.
I mean this is the right thinking. It was one attraction and really no difference after they stopped dueling.

just my 2 cents.
We lost 1 great inverted coaster and 1 decent one with a few violent moments that hurt my neck. So I’d say, we lost 1.5 coasters.

In actual reality, Dueling Dragons was two entirely different ride paths with different inversions and different top speeds. The only thing similar was that they were B&M inverts that were the same height.

I am sensing some serious entitlement in this thread, lol.
We're excited about the new coaster and speculating on the title...It's all good fun

just my 2 cents.
Standalone, the two DD tracks would have been lackluster B&Ms....Capacity-wise though, it was two coasters

And I would much rather have this HP one

Reactions: therock
Just saying, I am glad that I rode DD/DC when I did (the March before it closed). I didn't like it one bit (although the first drop was actually pretty cool), but at least I can say that I rode it.

Unlike Jaws...

After a year and a half of following endless speculation this thread I'm ready to just start calling it "The Harry Potter Roller Coaster Experience" and move on to bigger and better things.

No no no, you have it all wrong. It would be "Harry Potter and the Roller Coaster Experience."
:lmao:

It will be interesting to see if people view this coaster as a big coaster.

I doubt it'll be considered a big coaster - at least through my eyes, it looks like a slightly more intense Gringotts, but that could just be my Quidditch goggles blurring my vision.

I personally don't get the sentiment of many saying "We lost 2 coasters".

If we get down to ride capacity, we definitely didn't lose all that much. I don't think I ever saw the wait time go above 10 minutes. A great crowd chewer when it had to be, but was obviously not a must-do for people any more.

Soooooo is that the name?

I could see this being the name. But from past comments, it almost sounds like Alicia knows a couple of variations that it might be (although the permanence could change at any moment).

I hope we get some aerials this weekend. We can miss something so quickly these days, looks like they're picking up.

Reactions: truejonas
While I agree that 'was Dragons one ride or two' is a question that can never be fully answered I would say one thing that makes me lean towards two is that riders had preferences and acted upon them. I definitely knew Fire people or Ice people who would never bother with other, I knew people who loved both but had a strict order in which they rode them, and I knew people who would coin flip when they came to the divider. I think that is a big difference versus randomized rides or something like say Primeval Whirl. I like the term 'One Attraction, Two Rides' for it.

While I still miss the Dragons I'm really excited for the Hagrid coaster. What kind of restraints are we expecting?

Reactions: HPFred
I believe when folks say "we lost 2 coasters" they are mostly referring too capacity. DD/DC was 2 coasters with different track layouts, but both coasters provided pretty much the same experience.

What we are getting now is better because we are getting 2 different experiences at 2 different thrill levels.

DD was very much two different coasters. Which is why the line moved so quickly.

Was it fire or ice that had the castle wall collision fake out? That one was my favorite of the two.
Ice had the cobra roll against the castle wall. I preferred fire, but that part on ice was amazing.

Reactions: anihilnation
The 2nd immelman on fire was probably the most intense inversion we've seen in Florida outside of Manta's pretzel loop. Something about that helix exit always scrambled my brain in just the right way.

Gah, I miss those coasters.

Reactions: Ryno27
So..... With what we see on the buildings to this point and how Universal has been building queues the last decade (the HP ones) what would you expect to see inside this one? I'm thinking a lot of this
for.jpg
for1.jpg
And maybe this
for2.jpg

Those are from the movies and I expect similar not those exact scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.