Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also looking at the concept art vs. the current construction photos, it makes sense that it appears the completion date looks to be delayed well beyond the originally thought Memorial day weekend.

Looks like they have a TON more to do in terms of trees, the pond/stream, exterior rock work etc.

I think they're right on track for a summer open. The landscaping is fairly quick to install. Will it look that full and green on opening day, no, but by next summer it will be pretty close to that.

Reactions: HPFred and JoeCamel
Alicia mentioned the Great Hall maybe being a part of the queue, but I'm not so sure. I feel like something as big as that would have been leaked some time ago.

Just a rumor, I'm still attempting to find confirmation. I will say this though, apparently there was a shake-up during construction for this project and some plans were radically changed to make the experience better overall. I wonder if what was going to be in the queue was deemed not grand enough, and the new rumors may be the replacements/better concepts for it.

Also, no discussion of me mentioning the ride name yet? I guess it's really of no shock here, since we've all said all those words interchangeably in the last week.

Just a rumor, I'm still attempting to find confirmation. I will say this though, apparently there was a shake-up during construction for this project and some plans were radically changed to make the experience better overall. I wonder if what was going to be in the queue was deemed not grand enough, and the new rumors may be the replacements/better concepts for it.

Also, no discussion of me mentioning the ride name yet? I guess it's really of no shock here, since we've all said all those words interchangeably in the last week.

To be honest, I was fairly certain you'd already sneakily dropped the name into one of your tweets the other day?

Reactions: Alicia
Also looking at the concept art vs. the current construction photos, it makes sense that it appears the completion date looks to be delayed well beyond the originally thought Memorial day weekend.

Looks like they have a TON more to do in terms of trees, the pond/stream, exterior rock work etc.
FWIW I’m expecting them to hit their original date

Thinking the shake up was due to the very poor results & bad rep for UC resulting from F&F. UC needed a home run, and this sure looks like it's going to be a grand slam.

Reactions: HPFred

Option 1 is a mouthful, while shortened option 2 sounds more like a show than a ride. So if pressed, I'd rather they stick with option one.

A compromise keeping "Magical" and "Motorbike Adventure" would probably be the more ideal way to go, but it looks like they want to emphasize "Creatures," which I can understand.

I don’t want roses for Valentine’s Day, Universal, you know what I want.

...that’s right: an official announcement of the Today Show Cafe. Go to it! ;)

I don't know what responses would be better. I can already hear the groans, the impatient chuckles, the frustrated crying, and the exasperated screams.

Here it is!

One thing I thought of while reading about the potential screen-based pre-show - depending on what is inside of the queue, we could have a ton of screens. And I say that happily, because what do we see in both FJ and EfG?

Moving portraits, which are being done off of a covered screen.

Now, if this is just an older area of the castle/grounds, there might not be any. Who knows!! (Maybe Alicia :toast:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.