Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Per Jim Hill (so grain of salt and all that), Disney's current plans for Indiana Jones involve the following for 2021 (the year INDY V - at this point - is scheduled to be released, as well as the 40th anniversary of RAIDERS)

I am convinced we're never getting Indiana Jones 5, at least not with Harrison Ford. The dude's already 76, how many action scenes can he pull off anymore?

I am convinced we're never getting Indiana Jones 5, at least not with Harrison Ford. The dude's already 76, how many action scenes can he pull off anymore?
Yeah, I honestly don't even know if I want it, tbh. I do want an Indy ride/land at DHS though :lol:

The thing that gives me some hope for V is that I get the sense that Spielberg genuinely wants to end things on a high note... or at least a higher note than CRYSTAL SKULL. He made that film out of obligation to his friend, George Lucas, and he's acutely aware of its reception with many fans. I think he wants to give the fans something special before he and Ford completely step aside so Disney can reboot.

That said, if we don't see serious movement on it by the end of this year, as Spielberg wraps up WEST SIDE STORY, then I don't think it's going to happen (with Spielberg and Ford, anyway).

As for action, if it happens, I'm expecting lots of chases, fewer brawls and fights. Indy can still convincingly drive vehicles!

Reactions: HPFred
While it would be great to see Indy have a bigger footprint on WDW property, I don't feel like there's any real need for it. I'm just thankful we still have the stunt show. Echo Lake is one of my favorite spots in the parks, and I have no idea why :lol: I'd be sad in the unlikely scenario that it goes for any expansion or additions for IJ.

I've heard rumblings for awhile that Indy V (If it happens) is more of a swan song for the old guard (Ford, Spielberg, Lucas, Williams) and that after the fact Disney will do a proper reboot with a new cast in films, cartoons, comics, video games, etc. If so then I could see the logic of doing a smaller 'Celebration of Indiana Jones' to coincide with Indy V and then do an actual Land with rides once the new series is up and running.

Strangely enough he was in better shape for Crystal Skull than for Last Crusade (his back healed up). He did a large majority of his own stunts in Crystal. His co-stars were gobsmacked

Strangely enough he was in better shape for Crystal Skull than for Last Crusade (his back healed up). He did a large majority of his own stunts in Crystal. His co-stars were gobsmacked
Yeah but we’re talking 12 years later from when they filmed Crystal Skull and production hasn’t even started.

Yeah but we’re talking 12 years later from when they filmed Crystal Skull and production hasn’t even started.
If Dick Van Dyke can still dance at 92, Ford can be fine lol. Besides, I can't imagine them rebooting without one more big sendoff

They had a big send off. In 1989.

They shouldn't do another sequel OR reboot it.
I disagree. That was the fundamental concept of the series, to have other actors play the character. A lot of the Indiana Jones EU content is fascinating and some of it is just as good as the original three movies.

I’m gonna need to see your work on this one

I suppose "fundamental" isn't the correct word but "hereditary" is more accurate. After Jaws and 1941 Spielberg was eyeing doing a James Bond film (in most interviews he references a "international globe-trotting film" but in the Making of Indiana Jones book its directly said that he wanted to do a James Bond film)....the powers that be wouldn't let him (probably something to do with going over budget on Jaws and 1941.) George Lucas tells Spielberg that he had something better, this was the Indiana Jones character, the idea of an adventure serial. Through story talks with Lucas, Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan the name "James Bond" ended up getting thrown out several times (along with Humphrey Bogart and Clint Eastwood.) This meeting really established the idea that this character was going to be Spielberg's James Bond. Before casting the idea was tossed around that they could cast multiple actors for the trilogy (assuming the first was successful), similar to James Bond...but they later rejected it because they felt it was too on-the-nose of an homage. However, they kept several aspects of James Bond in their films from the cold open in the midst of a previous adventure and the changing of love interests in each film. Indiana Jones films are James Bond films (with homages to adventure serials and Eastwood westerns) with a different skin.

I love the Indiana Jones franchise more than any other franchise...I probably know more about the character, movies, and EU material than I know about anything else. Being the massive fan that I am, given lectures on the subject, I even wrote my thesis about Hinduism and its use in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, I still think Indy could be recasted, because of the franchises roots and inspiration from the James Bond series.

Reactions: wizwit and Mad Dog