Nintendo Switch | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My predictions for the Nintendo Direct (hopefully these are final this time around). No third-party games in this list.

1. Star Fox: Grand Prix or whatever else Retro is/was working on.
  2. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, and I'll make a bold prediction and say this comes with some sort of multiplayer mode.
  3. A new trailer for Animal Crossing Switch.
  4. A new trailer and release date for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
  5. Pikmin 3 (Wii-U Port)
  6. A new trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
  7. Joker gameplay.
  8. A new trailer and release date for Daemon X Machina
  9. Surprise game (Zell hinted at other surprises this year).
  10. BoxBoy
  11. Teaser Trailer at the very end for Super Mario Maker 2.
  12. No trailers for Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon, 2D Zelda, other surprise titles, or the SNES games.

My guesses:

1: Begins with Gameplay trailer for Challenger Pack Joker, revealed that all Challenger packs will have an Echo (with Joker's being Akechi). The Stage is Shibuya, transforming into Memento's Shibuya. Release window is Early April.
2: Pikmin 3 is revealed, and given a May release
3: Daemon X Machina is given a new trailer & release, for June
4: Assassins Creed III Remastered is revealed to be coming to Nintendo Switch for a Spring release
5: Final Fantasy VII is Shadowdropped
6: Boxboy! is Shadowdropped
7: Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is revealed for April
8: Multiple Western & Japanese Third Party titles to be revealed during direct
8: Direct concludes with 2D Zelda
9: No Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker, Pokemon, SNES

My more guessing, on this front.

I suspect they'll want Fire Emblem to have it's own direct, to give large updates for Fire Emblem Expo, Three Houses, and Heroes. More in the sense, that they may want to give it it's own space.

SNES goes on a similar vein, especially if Nintendo is preparing a massive change for the NSM. And knowing the odds, Pokemon & SMM are both E3 based at the pure level.

Last edited:
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, and I'll make a bold prediction and say this comes with some sort of multiplayer mode.
What if for this collection they also remade Metroid Prime Hunters and included that games multiplayer? We may not know the exact plot of Prime 4 but one constant hint we’ve had from the producer is that he wanted to delve deeper into the character of Sylux who was first introduced in Hunters and appears in secret endings for both Prime 3 and Federation Force.

Reactions: Magic-Man
My guesses:

1: Begins with Gameplay trailer for Challenger Pack Joker, revealed that all Challenger packs will have an Echo (with Joker's being Akechi). The Stage is Shibuya, transforming into Memento's Shibuya. Release window is Early April.
2: Pikmin 3 is revealed, and given a May release
3: Daemon X Machina is given a new trailer & release, for June
4: Assassins Creed III Remastered is revealed to be coming to Nintendo Switch for a Spring release
5: Final Fantasy VII is Shadowdropped
6: Boxboy! is Shadowdropped
7: Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is revealed for April
8: Multiple Western & Japanese Third Party titles to be revealed during direct
8: Direct concludes with 2D Zelda
9: No Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker, Pokemon, SNES

My more guessing, on this front.

I suspect they'll want Fire Emblem to have it's own direct, to give large updates for Fire Emblem Expo, Three Houses, and Heroes. More in the sense, that they may want to give it it's own space.

SNES goes on a similar vein, especially if Nintendo is preparing a massive change for the NSM. And knowing the odds, Pokemon & SMM are both E3 based at the pure level.

I honestly don't think that they'll include 2D Zelda in this direct. It's not a big game and it's probably too far off. It definitely won't be the end of the Direct.

I honestly don't think that they'll include 2D Zelda in this direct. It's not a big game and it's probably too far off. It definitely won't be the end of the Direct.

I mean, it'd be the first proper 2D Zelda since Tri-Force Heroes on the 3DS in 2015. And it'd be the first proper 2D Zelda for a console, since Link To The Past from 1991.

Additionally, Zelda has a lot of potential to go to a large nature, due to just how well BoTW preformed.

Why not celebrate a massive return to a 2D version of Hyrule, especially if it's a completely new story as opposed to a remake of a old Zelda title.

I just don't see anything else really hitting it, unless they come out with something surprising (as I assume the other Retro title is now DOM)

giphy.gif

And of course it's while I'm trapped on a cross country flight. Zero percent chance I don't get spoiled trying to find it when I land, enjoy everyone and remember to keep expectations low to maximize enjoyment.

The direct streams live in the Switch News section, not?

New rumor of Kingdom Hearts too. Definitely seems like this may be a great direct.
I don’t think so but you can easily find the livestream on Nintendo’s channel on the Switch’s YouTube app as I checked last night. I won’t be able to make it home but I’ll be ready to watch it on my phone :)

Reactions: anihilnation