Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't been on this ride yet... From what i can see in youtube videos, this ride can be saved. I don't know how they would advertise it to save face though.

I think it would be cool if they made the queue into a show. The queue would be the exterior portion where the plants and picnic table are at.

The story could be that the fast and furious family is having a car show for the locals with the same vibes that were in the first movie in the race scenes. Just a small amount of people will enter to see their new cars at a time. This would be in the large room that has all the cars in display. When the place is surrounded by Shaw's men. There are gun shots from the outside, the windows break, small firecracker effects to give the impression of the bullets ricocheting off the walls. To get away from the gun fire we are directed into the next room with the truck. Shaw turns off the power. We stand in dark.

Universal could do a small stunt show now with actors and a car racing in. We have actors pretending to be Vin Diesel and the others. We can't see who they are because its dark, sort of like Terminator but shorter and not as grand.

In the last preshow room we have a screen effect of Vin Diesel assuring us that he will get us out of there and that the FBI is waiting for us at some random point. The problem is just getting us there. Ludacris asks how we are going get the people out. Dom's sister remembers the run down tour bus they have parked in the alleyway or garage. One of the TM's can act as this tech wiz that thinks he can somehow make the old monitors on the bus work so that they can talk to us.

We are directed into the bus. It does not have any light effects because it is not a stupid party bus. The bus is painted to look old. When we move out, with sound and fog they make that first car already there seem like it just drove up to us. It is Shaw. Maybe an animatronic on Shaw. More fake gun fire. We quickly turn into what used to be the party scene and there is Shaw and his men ready for us. Shaw sits on top of the his truck and he promises that Dom will pay by seeing us all dead. Somehow Dom intravenes and we are off.

We enter the 360 scene which is 3d and the action does not need to be changed. . We jump at the end and we end up into the last room that is filled with actual cop cars with cop lights. We have reached our safety point. There is an animatronic of Vin diesel (not kong size) letting us know that we have made it.

This way they would just have to change the party scene and work on the queue area. The actual ride would not have to change. I could really get into something like this since it is too late to have a fast ride.

Reactions: HPFred
Sooo...reading on Magic a few moments ago...earlier today Marni responded to a member's comments about F&F being a failure. Marni replies, "The Fast and Furious story may not be over yet". If I'm reading that right, it sure sounded to me like a hint that Universal 'might' be 'considering' some changes to the attraction. Not much to go on, but a little glimmer of hope....He also said there's still talk, but no approval yet, for SLOP at Orlando, and he mentioned the Bourne show, but no specifics.

Can confirm.

Can confirm.
Yes, it all sounds like a solid possibility. With you, that's 5 Universal insiders that are saying essentially the same, and two giving specific details privately. Hopefully they find the money and it gets approved. It's such a shame to waste all that space. I can live with an average to good attraction, Every attraction doesn't need to be great. There's no way they would completely redo this and change the ride system , but the rumored upgrades would certainly help within the parameters of what is financially feasible. They would be addressing the major two attraction negatives and changing the story line.

Yes, it all sounds like a solid possibility. With you, that's 5 Universal insiders that are saying essentially the same, and two giving specific details privately. Hopefully they find the money and it gets approved. It's such a shame to waste all that space. I can live with an average to good attraction, Every attraction doesn't need to be great. There's no way they would completely redo this and change the ride system , but the rumored upgrades would certainly help within the parameters of what is financially feasible. They would be addressing the major two attraction negatives and changing the story line.

Last I heard they’re looking at all options so I don’t know any specifics or even if it is happening in the end.

I always forget that Jaws was practically gutted a few months after open - so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if they decide to retool F&F.

For better or worse though, this ride is always going to be associated with how it launched (my parents refuse to go on CitH because they went on it opening year and did not like the excessive spinning). Some people (like us) will be happy to give it another go to see if they can make up for it. The average joe will probably keep walking even after it's been redone.

Reactions: HPFred and belloq87
Easy way to fix the attraction is get rid of the party busses and replace them with trackless 6 person car vehicles that can drift. Get rid of the party scene and replace it with something much better. Everything else can stay essentially the same.

Reactions: truejonas
Easy way to fix the attraction is get rid of the party busses and replace them with trackless 6 person car vehicles that can drift. Get rid of the party scene and replace it with something much better. Everything else can stay essentially the same.

So basically install something that doesn’t exist. Got it.

Put them on a track then. The ride vehicle here is the biggest problem with the ride.

The biggest problem with the ride is that it's a Fast and Furious ride that doesn't go fast in the slightest. Rip everything out and replace it with an indoor coaster with some screen show scenes. Would instantly make it 10000x better.

The biggest problem with the ride is that it's a Fast and Furious ride that doesn't go fast in the slightest. Rip everything out and replace it with an indoor coaster with some screen show scenes. Would instantly make it 10000x better.
I don’t have a big issue with it not “going fast” since the franchise hasn’t been about racing in a long time. It’s a brainless action franchise so I think that part is ok.

Reactions: truejonas
I always forget that Jaws was practically gutted a few months after open - so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if they decide to retool F&F.

For better or worse though, this ride is always going to be associated with how it launched (my parents refuse to go on CitH because they went on it opening year and did not like the excessive spinning). Some people (like us) will be happy to give it another go to see if they can make up for it. The average joe will probably keep walking even after it's been redone.
Jaws was gutted because the ride system was a failure, not the ride. I can think of a few attractions that were revamped due to poor response (Auster Computer Revue at Epcot, Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom).