Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooo...reading on Magic a few moments ago...earlier today Marni responded to a member's comments about F&F being a failure. Marni replies, "The Fast and Furious story may not be over yet". If I'm reading that right, it sure sounded to me like a hint that Universal 'might' be 'considering' some changes to the attraction. Not much to go on, but a little glimmer of hope....He also said there's still talk, but no approval yet, for SLOP at Orlando, and he mentioned the Bourne show, but no specifics.
I can’t say anything can I??! :)

Single rider. Every time, or I don’t ride at all. The only way to ensure you skip the preshows.

Sadly, it's not always available. But also, can't leave wife (or Drew) hanging. :lol:

When I went last month single rider wasn't an option the couple times I rode it. I said I'd do express then and was told standby was actually faster since so few people were in line. They were right...I did express another time and it is more walking to get to the merge point; the first time in standby we just kept walking right into the first room with an actor. It was kinda sad.

When I went last month single rider wasn't an option the couple times I rode it. I said I'd do express then and was told standby was actually faster since so few people were in line. They were right...I did express another time and it is more walking to get to the merge point; the first time in standby we just kept walking right into the first room with an actor. It was kinda sad.
yes...worst Express line at Universal....it takes forever

Reactions: DK745
The crazy thing is how we got here. How this attraction was allowed to be built after such a terrible response to it at USH. I get it was supposedly already approved, but there was 3 years between openings... they had plenty of time to change course.

Three ideas I have
  1. They assumed USH was popular and USF would be too.
  2. Knew the complaints about USH but thought additions to USF would improve the experience.
  3. Knew USH was poorly received and due to plans went through with it at USF knowing it’d be poorly received. Either as a wake up call or just to rip the band aid off.
I’m leaning towards 3 based on how they advertised and rolled out the ride.

Three ideas I have
  2. Knew the complaints about USH but thought additions to USF would improve the experience.
  3. Knew USH was poorly received and due to plans went through with it at USF knowing it’d be poorly received. Either as a wake up call or just to rip the band aid off.
I'd guess #3 like you, especially since they cut out the 3D costs late in the project to save budget for other projects, knowing the ride was soooo bad, keep the costs as low as possible...

So basically install something that doesn’t exist. Got it.

Eh, I don't think a drifting trackless vehicle is out of the cards. Just have the outside of the vehicle appear to be bigger than the base, and the top part would be able to move freely to simulate drifting. Not existing in reality does make it a bit trickier.

EDIT: I feel like I just described a modified SCOOP vehicle. Oh well.

So do I. The vehicle works there perfectly as an expedition vehicle makes sense. F&F, not really.

Yeah, I can get behind the theming of Kong. I'm not a fan of the bus style in general, being a small short female who has to try to see through people to see the action. They could easily have done a Gringotts-style vehicle that would have still worked for the 360 area. Throw some fog where the very end is going to be, then launch us through the tunnel just like we get yanked by the dragon.

Reactions: tankart150
Three ideas I have

Had a conversation with a person close to this situation before the ride opened, and basically 3. Failure was seen as the only way to send a wake-up call to The Powers That Be (well, one executive in particular as I recall) who loved screen-based rides.

Same conversation I was warned Tapu Tapu was a failure waiting to happen, and everyone locally knew it. Sometimes you do what Corporate tells you to do even if you know it's a dumb plan.

Had a conversation with a person close to this situation before the ride opened, and basically 3. Failure was seen as the only way to send a wake-up call to The Powers That Be (well, one executive in particular as I recall) who loved screen-based rides.

Same conversation I was warned Tapu Tapu was a failure waiting to happen, and everyone locally knew it. Sometimes you do what Corporate tells you to do even if you know it's a dumb plan.

Sounds like that exec might be a mark?

:thumbsup: another insider on this site said the exact same thing privately back in June.

It seems like they have such a large queue area and that it is really nicely themed. I don't see why they can't use this to their advantage for adding to the ride. I rather there by more "put me in the movie" moments rather than a coaster. They need to retheme the buses and get rid of the party story line. That seems like the worse part minus the bad CGI on the 360 scene, which I guess can be corrected with the 3d.

That's an awfully expensive way to send a message. Hopefully it got through to the party in question.