Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Disney actually issues bathroom passes on the FoP queue (or at least they did when it first opened). The passes were just like the lanyard things they use to monitor wait times but said "Flight of Passage Restroom Re-entry Pass" or something like that.

I think people are forgetting that guests don’t pay to stay in one area of the park all day, especially the one that will be by far the most crowded.

There will be a constant flow in/out of the land

THIS. Everyone is acting like that area is going to be a riot zone. Sure, the place will be packed, but it doesn't have the only rides in the park.

If anything, I'd be worried about TSL. That place will be a madhouse.

THIS. Everyone is acting like that area is going to be a riot zone. Sure, the place will be packed, but it doesn't have the only rides in the park.

If anything, I'd be worried about TSL. That place will be a madhouse.

There will of course be a percentage of crazies that won’t want to leave, but they won’t be a majority. Plus I’m willing to bet a lot of the hard core won’t want to wait around for DHS’s to open and will be clogging up Disneyland’s

thats because its a great product

It is a product that filled the mass's craving in a park with nothing else new.

To think SWGE won't make DHS an absolute madhouse for years also is just being nuts. Unless both rides completely miss the mark. SR could, but I can't see how RotR will.

There will of course be a percentage of crazies that won’t want to leave, but they won’t be a majority. Plus I’m willing to bet a lot of the hard core won’t want to wait around for DHS’s to open and will be clogging up Disneyland’s

They won't stay all day. But the average SW fan visitor will have a FP+, and spend about an hour on that ride. Then may 30 minutes looking around, then maybe 90 minutes waiting and eating. If they then add in the other ride, maybe another 3-4 hours.

That's getting up to 7-8 hours for someone just wanting to experience everything in the land.

I think the big thing is that Potter sorta surprised everyone. Lots of folks learned about a "Harry Potter Theme Park" on opening day of the Wizarding World. NOt so for SWGE. All of the SW fans are salivating. Disney owning SW makes it a BIG difference. Plus 42 years of fandom vs like 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
DHS will be super popular once GESWL opens. Even though there will still be a shortage of rides and capacity, the park will have the finest collection of high quality thrill rides in a WDW park. That will definitely attract the teenage & 20/30 something demographics. And there will be plenty for the other age groups as well. The park will be continually slammed no doubt.

I think we will have a lot of “Guest 83267: I've been standing/queuing for Rise of the Resistance for ages” and "Guest 83267: It's too crowded here"
In seriousness I don’t think people will stay in for super long periods of time they will do what they want and leave. They won’t want to deal with the insane crowds and not being able to move around freely.

Disney is marketing this land as an immersive experience (much like Potter) where you won’t want to leave the land after riding the rides, but you’ll also want to visit all the market place and possibly stop in to the cantina. Pandora was pretty, but there isn’t much to do other then the rides. This will be different.

DHS will be super popular once GESWL opens. Even though there will still be a shortage of rides and capacity, the park will have the finest collection of high quality thrill rides in a WDW park. That will definitely attract the teenage & 20/30 something demographics. And there will be plenty for the other age groups as well. The park will be continually slammed no doubt.
i agree with this
who said it wont be super busy?
Popular IP+Well executed land= land that will be crowded for years
im not sure i understand the debate

Disney is marketing this land as an immersive experience (much like Potter) where you won’t want to leave the land after riding the rides, but you’ll also want to visit all the market place and possibly stop in to the cantina. Pandora was pretty, but there isn’t much to do other then the rides. This will be different.
I agree. It looks like this land will be the equal of Diagon with immersion and things to do. Like you said, Pandora was sure pretty, but it was nowhere Diagon's equal primarily because there was little to do besides the rides.

I agree. It looks like this land will be the equal of Diagon with immersion and things to do. Like you said, Pandora was sure pretty, but it was nowhere Diagon's equal primarily because there was little to do besides the rides.

Exactly, they aren't adding all the "credit" system, for no reason. Do you think you'll be able to "haggle" with a local alien shopkeeper without waiting in line, like Olivanders?

The marketplace, shops, and cantina will be attractions in themselves. As will all the spaceship photo ops, walk around characters, and droids.

It's clear that Disney wants this to be their new "Potter", where guests stay and shop in heavily themed stores, and possibly buy blue milk.

Exactly, they aren't adding all the "credit" system, for no reason. Do you think you'll be able to "haggle" with a local alien shopkeeper without waiting in line, like Olivanders?

The marketplace, shops, and cantina will be attractions in themselves. As will all the spaceship photo ops, walk around characters, and droids.

It's clear that Disney wants this to be their new "Potter", where guests stay and shop in heavily themed stores, and possibly buy blue milk.
:thumbsup:Yeah. I still spend tons of time in Diagon, and spot things I've missed on previous trips. Heck, Knockturn Alley is almost a walk through attraction in itself. It's all those little nuances that make the land so good. I'm hoping GESWL has some high quality Diagon level shows too. But, Disney does not know how to spell the word "discount':lol:, so I would doubt there'd ever be any price haggling . This land will definitely "knock our socks off" , to use an ancient phrase :).....DHS used to be our fav Disney park back when the Citizens of Hollywood were in their prime and the park had a fun vibe to it. I think it will be my fav Disney park again. And, lets not discount the Mickey & Minnie ride. That has some pretty damn good potential, and people will flock to it since they've been starved for a good Mickey ride since Disneyland was opened. Color me positive for DHS.

But the massive Avatar fanbase has still not died down at AK.

But it has? It's not as crowded as it was its first few months. The lines for the attractions are long, sure, but that's how things always workout with the newest attractions in a park, especially when they have questionable capacity

Sure, but how many guests *actually* do that at Diagon and Hogsmeade? I'd venture most wander the shops, but most don't stick around for every show or do Ollivanders or the interactive wands.

My point wasn't that this land won't be incredibly crowded/successful. My point was more that people just aren't going to camp out all day in one land, no matter how good it is. It's just not how people tour these parks.

But it has? It's not as crowded as it was its first few months. The lines for the attractions are long, sure, but that's how things always workout with the newest attractions in a park, especially when they have questionable capacity

Sure, but how many guests *actually* do that at Diagon and Hogsmeade? I'd venture most wander the shops, but most don't stick around for every show or do Ollivanders or the interactive wands.

My point wasn't that this land won't be incredibly crowded/successful. My point was more that people just aren't going to camp out all day in one land, no matter how good it is. It's just not how people tour these parks.

When i visited Hogsmede a few months after it opened, there were still lines just to get into the shops. Eventually this will die down, but I would imagine for the first year at least, the land will be extremely crowded.

When i visited Hogsmede a few months after it opened, there were still lines just to get into the shops. Eventually this will die down, but I would imagine for the first year at least, the land will be extremely crowded.

Yea, but that's also because JKR made them design the shops to be the size of an airline bathroom. GE will be a much, much bigger land and should be able to handle its crowds far better.