Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

So what's up with all of the closures right now? Per the website, Apocalypse is still down (when... is that going to change?), along with Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and the (still new!) Justice League ride. Was really hoping to try the latter this month.

So what's up with all of the closures right now? Per the website, Apocalypse is still down (when... is that going to change?), along with Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and the (still new!) Justice League ride. Was really hoping to try the latter this month.
Apocalypse will reopen with West Coast Racers in the summer, fall or winter of 2019.
Green Lantern has been closed for over a year and a half. The park president said it would reopen sometime in 2019.
Lex Luthor is probably undergoing a refurbishment.
Justice League has been open so it’s closure now is quite strange.

Bummer. I just hope WCR is up by the time I go on my annual October Fright Fest trip.

At lease give me Apocalypse. It was closed last year and that's one of my favorites.

I'm sure it was mentioned at some point, but why *is* Apocalypse closed? Purely to save $$, or are they doing dramatic maintenance?

May delay my trip until Justice League reopens... but I can't find any information on when that is.

Mainly because it's right in the middle of a major construction area. It's not just the coaster going in that area, but all the buildings around it are also being completely rebuild. The entire area is getting an upgrade.

That, and being the only ride in an already isolated section of the park that also needs constant maintenance (which, to their point, had been improving for that particular attraction prior to closing... it was getting retracked a lot) to keep smooth doesn't really make it worth it for them to keep open. I actually can't blame them in this particular circumstance.

I think when I went there less than a month ago, TC didn’t open until later in the day. It was open nonetheless.

I’m hoping JL’s closure is a maintanence. The effects haven’t really been working great lately. The last two screens were also pretty faded and dim.

Y'all gotta chill. The WCR issue is with Premier, not SFMM.

Also, re: Apocalypse, it's entrance is currently in the way of current construction so it's not allowed to be open to the public and I heard they're refurbishing some stuff.

I'll ask about JL. I'm hearing they're being lazy with GL though lol.

Last edited:
I'm curious... the original artwork for the ride vehicles showed comfort collars... then a later rendition removed it. Is that part of the issue? Even if not, should we expect the comfort collars or not?

I noticed that too. I know that some of the actual structural support and footers actually couldn't fit with the current alignment of the initial launch which is the biggest issue. But as far as I know, SFMM wanted comfort collars (someone asked Neil and point blank they just said "yes it'll come with comfort collars because it'll speed up the loading process") and Premier wanted seat belts.

I went to the park a few days ago for a few hours and Twisted Colossus was open but with two trains. Still hardly any action with WCR. JL is still down.

Not sure it really counts as 365 day operation if half the park is down.

Not sure it really counts as 365 day operation if half the park is down.

Half the park would be 9 coasters down. I don't think it's come to that, even in the off season.

Also, can't really blame the park for closing (especially on a weekday) with rain predicated throughout the day. Unlike Disney, the rides at SFMM (and Knott's, for that matter) being largely outdoors don't operate so well in the rain, so there's not much point in remaining open.

SFMM can be blamed for many poor and questionable decisions, but closing on account of rain isn't one of them. And SoCal has been experiencing more rain than it has in decades.

Half the park would be 9 coasters down. I don't think it's come to that, even in the off season.

Also, can't really blame the park for closing (especially on a weekday) with rain predicated throughout the day. Unlike Disney, the rides at SFMM (and Knott's, for that matter) being largely outdoors don't operate so well in the rain, so there's not much point in remaining open.

SFMM can be blamed for many poor and questionable decisions, but closing on account of rain isn't one of them. And SoCal has been experiencing more rain than it has in decades.
IDK about decades. 2005 was raining virtually nonstop. It was like three straight months of rain. This is a lot but that doesn’t even compare to that year.

But yeah, point taken.