Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 486 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to keep in mind: Arthur probably wouldn't tweet that specifically if something in the media invite didn't strongly allude to Potter.

I don't have any doubt that the coaster will be revealed.

I do have doubts that's all they'll talk about. Just seems VERY odd to do it in NYC for just a single ride. Not something they'e ever done before.

NYC - could it be Cursed Child Broadway related ie ‘launching’ the coaster whilst cross promoting the theatre show?
I mean, the theater show is perpetually sold out so I'm not sure it needs promotion.

I'm not saying it will *definitely* be more than the ride announcement, it just strikes me as super *odd*. But if they're going to do some big blowout announcement with Fantastic Worlds and maybe the JW projects in IoA, NYC would make a lot more sense. More media presence, Comcast execs are relatively close in Philly, etc. I dunno. Just seems like it *could* be something like that.

I don’t think anyone asked for extravagant announcements. Just acknowledging things exist.

Meh. It's not my money.

So weird since EVERY OTHER Potter announcement in some form was digital only or in Orlando. First thing that comes to my mind is that they'll tie it in with Cursed Child (not saying it'll come to Orlando, but you get the drift). It could be something larger for Potter in general. Or they could be making a bigger splash with announcements for more attractions. Remember we still have T2, SLoP, and more loose threads just hanging out there.

Idea....if actors are involved they may be working in NYC and it’s a scheduling issue. It’s a lot easier to get stars to come to NYC then it is Orlando.

Hyped!

So FWIW, the scuttlebutt was that they already filmed something in Orlando with a star for the announcement...which is why this has thrown me for such a loop. I really don't know what to make of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.