Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Man, I just want an IP with a 30's Hollywood aesthetic lol. At the very least for the exterior. RnRC is so shoehorned into that space.

You know, I actually wouldn't mind if RnRC was replaced completely in a few years. With Guardians and Tron opening, if they wanted to give RnRC the axe, rework Sunset to connect to Animation, and retheme Animation with some new attractions, I'd be all for it.

RnRC should have been the attraction to get the Guardians treatment. It seems like such an obvious angle that I have to believe it was discussed at some point internally before deciding to force a square peg into a round hole over in Epcot.

A reworked clone of the Incredicoaster would work really well for that area. At least Incredibles has some of the same kind of period setting that Sunset Boulevard has.

This could also kind of make sense, but my hesitation would be that it would mean we'd almost certainly never get the E-ticket Incredibles dark/thrill ride that I think a lot of people want to see (and feel the IP deserves).

The Muppets would make for an interesting makeover.
I would be so for Rockin' Rollercoaster Starring Doctor Teeth and the Electric Mayhem...but I also realize that would never happen.

Having this blaring through the speakers would almost be enough to get me to break my inversions prohibition and ride this coaster again...

You know, I actually wouldn't mind if RnRC was replaced completely in a few years. With Guardians and Tron opening, if they wanted to give RnRC the axe, rework Sunset to connect to Animation, and retheme Animation with some new attractions, I'd be all for it.

As long as whatever reworking of Animation Courtyard resulted in a net gain of rides for the park, I would be fully in favor of ditching RnRC entirely as part of the deal.

If/when they make changes to this ride, I hope they get rid of the preshow and just add more queue space. I think it's such a bottleneck and inflates the wait times for this ride so much.

I don't think multiple bands will work as Disney seem to be cracking down on using outside license or they go internal and I don't think the 'Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring The Jonas Brothers' will be such a big hit.
They do have Queen signed to their label, but they’re another old band. A really good one, but they’re well past their prime by a good 30 years or so.

I agree, I think it's weird too. The problem with the coaster is that I don't think Disney really have a suitable IP that will work as a replacement that they can use in DHS. The version in Paris is getting changed to Iron Man IIRC, there's been rumours for ages about a Captain America coaster based on this coaster heading to DCA.
The more I’ve thought about it... and have talked about how this is possible to be used... I sort of wouldn’t be surprised if they rethemed it as a Wakanda coaster. Use everyone that they can use except for Black Panther (obviously). Explain him not being there as him being on a mission or something (Shuri could say “my brother is on a mission, so we need your help here in Wakanda”).

Then all they would have to do is actually theme the coaster instead of it being a bunch of painted flats. Plus a massive overhaul over the queue.

Last edited:
Back in 2016, Rock n RollerCoaster CMs were saying that imagineering was running the ride after hours with new songs. Everyone was convinced it was either Guardians overlay or Aerosmith was getting stripped off the ride and would become a plethora of classic rock bands. No idea what happened to that though.

Not saying I want this, but could they use the Iron Man overlay being applied to the Paris RNRC? Or would this not be allowed under the Universal - Marvel contract?

Rock music is quite a large part of the Iron Man franchise after all.

I was going to suggest Captain Marvel, but any overlay using a Marvel IP may feel too similar to Guardians at Epcot. Personally, I'd like to see them do Incredicoaster 2.0, but with more cohesive theming. Re-skin the trains to look like the Incredicar.

latest

The more I’ve thought about it... and have talked about how this is possible to be used... I sort of wouldn’t be surprised if they rethemed it as a Wakanda coaster. Use everyone that they can use except for Black Panther (obviously). Explain him not being there as him being on a mission or something (Shuri could say “my brother is on a mission, so we need your help here in Wakanda”).

Contract covers "family" of Avengers characters--Shuri is "family" in both Doylist and Watsonian interpretations of the term. Without its two most famous residents (and the others highly questionable), Wakanda is not coming to WDW in any form.

I think the most likely path for RnRC is a random mix of hits (possibly covers) with the pre-show either removed or replaced with in-house comedic actors. Which I wouldn't actually hate if they stuck to LA-related songs. "I Love L.A.", "California Girls", maybe a 20-something Disney channel kid cover of "L.A. Woman" ... you see where I'm going.

Good idea. They'll need that capacity when GESWL opens. I recall reading that they've been having periodic problems with one of the shafts during the past two years, causing reduced capacity when it goes down, which seemed to be often, and spiking the wait times. This is something that probably really needed to be taken care of NOW.

It's the smart time to do it and hopefully anything else that needs some TLC, will get it before Mickey & Minnie open.

As much crap as the DCA and other versions of ToT got, they're definitely a better system when it comes to maintenance as I can't see any way that work gets carried out without halving the capacity here.

Contract covers "family" of Avengers characters--Shuri is "family" in both Doylist and Watsonian interpretations of the term. Without its two most famous residents (and the others highly questionable), Wakanda is not coming to WDW in any form.

I think the most likely path for RnRC is a random mix of hits (possibly covers) with the pre-show either removed or replaced with in-house comedic actors. Which I wouldn't actually hate if they stuck to LA-related songs. "I Love L.A.", "California Girls", maybe a 20-something Disney channel kid cover of "L.A. Woman" ... you see where I'm going.

This is a great idea. Or steal the HRRR idea of choosing a song but have it be MODERN OPTIONS.

Seems odd to do it during Summer, but it is what it is.

Just as long as they don't get rid of the Twilight Zone theme....
At least TOT is operating through this refurb.

Last year when the park only had 4 rides and they took TSMM off line for a few days for the queue switch to TSL, there was times where RNRC would break down and the park would literally only have TWO operating rides.

At least TOT is operating through this refurb.

Last year when the park only had 4 rides and they took TSMM off line for a few days for the queue switch to TSL, there was times where RNRC would break down and the park would literally only have TWO operating rides.
Disney: But...but you can sing along to Frozen songs?