Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

Gotcha. From the videos I've seen, Slinky looks like an average kiddie coaster with some cute elements like the Penguin singing at the end.

A jr six flags-style coaster with some Disney touches. I was pretty shocked when JS said it was better than FOP because I've seen video of the queue and ride experience and it looks pretty badass.
Slinky is much, much better than your average kiddy coaster that you’d find at Six Flags. It’s got some really fun elements and was creatively designed.

If you’re looking to be impressed by how much money was spent on an attraction, then yes it won’t hold a candle to Flight of Passage. But for me Slinky’s ride experience (what really matters for me) is just flat out way more fun than FoP.

Plus it has a serviceable Jim Varney sound-alike telling me it’s the “Wildest Ride in Andy’s back yard”, which is just the cutest thing ever

Whoa. Can other people confirm if Slinky Dog really is better than FOP?

I haven't ridden them so I can't form an opinion either way.

I rode Slinky just after it open last year and FOP a few days later after and it all comes down to preference, for me, Slinky was better, the theming of the ride and length of Slinky and Toy Story Land was so much funner land then Pandora. FOP is absolutely incredible in its own right and I absolutely love it, but i prefer Slinky.

Whoa. Can other people confirm if Slinky Dog really is better than FOP?

I haven't ridden them so I can't form an opinion either way.

I loved FOP and thought Slinky was a great addition to the resort and a fun ride, especially for kids but FOP wins for me.

What I’m now thinking may have made an impact is that FOP was the first ride I did last year and had I have done Universal before Disney, I think screen fatigue maybe would have lessened my experience.

Slinky is fine but no, it's not a better attraction than Flight of Passage. You might enjoy it more and find it more fun (like I do actually since FoP makes me nauseous :lol:), sure, but Flight of Passage is the total package. There's no comparison.

Slinky is fine but no, it's not a better attraction than Flight of Passage. You might enjoy it more and find it more fun (like I do actually since FoP makes me nauseous :lol:), sure, but Flight of Passage is the total package. There's no comparison.

It’s boring to me. I don’t care how much money you spent on a queue or rockwork when it’s all so dull

You can personally like slinky but if you think it is a ride that drives attendance compared to pandora you are out of your mind.

This is an interesting discussion, but I don’t think I’d even compare the two rides. A family coaster and a state of the art motion simulator are two different things.
It’s like comparing Spider-Man to the Hulk.

I didn’t find Pandora dull at all, haven’t ridden Slinky but I don’t think a family coaster would “wow” me quite the same way.
Funny enough I prefer coasters to motion rides in most cases.

This is an interesting discussion, but I don’t think I’d even compare the two rides. A family coaster and a state of the art motion simulator are two different things.

I didn’t find Pandora dull at all, haven’t ridden Slinky but I don’t think a family coaster would “wow” me quite the same way.
yep totally agree with this but again his opinion nothing wrong with that

I usually put Spider-Man and Hulk as my ever rotating 1 and 1a. The same can be said for Everest and FoP at DAK. Not sure how everyone feels about Toy Story Mania, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it years ago. Better than Space Ranger Spin IMO. Mania and Slinky could be a similar comparison.

I love TSL but it will definitely need an expansion at some point.
There isn't much room to play with, unfortunately. The only spot is if they demolish OMD/Walt Disney Presents... that would open up quite a bit of space at the front of the land.

Personally, I think that using that land for any TSL expansion would be best suited to actually build out the Woody's Round-Up area that was originally intended to be built with alterations to include a flat ride over in the area, too.

If they were ever to do that I would hope it would include Al’s Toy Barn as well. I believe every “land” should have its own merch/store location.
They cut Al’s because it wouldn’t fit with us being toy-sized. They’d have to be willing to go back on that because they seemed pretty dedicated to it.

They cut Al’s because it wouldn’t fit with us being toy-sized. They’d have to be willing to go back on that because they seemed pretty dedicated to it.
Yea it was actually more like a Fisher Price Little People style barn ... ... that just so happened to sell toys inside.

Just like the toy carts they ended up putting out there, themed the same way.

It's really inexcusable. I can completely understand outdoor extended/overflow queue areas not having AC, but I think any even moderately-sized attraction should have a queue with AC. I don't know how you don't do that in Florida.

Uhhhh, Animal Kingdom. It's part of the theming! Sweat like a madman while shopping for African themed stuff, and waiting to ride a rapids ride with confusing theming. And ride a coaster, and ride a safari.

I'm kind of shocked that Disney cut a potential money maker, just to stay "in theme". Are you sure this is accurate?