Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if a coaster passes in front of the discovery center you will see the track and hear the coaster scream by, whether it is on land or on water.

I think the lagoon needs some dynamic and I think this will be perfect for it, especially when looking out from Port of Entry.

Hopefully they add some water effect if it's close enough to the water.

I would assume that they will do something similar to what Hulk has with a raised platform on the lagoon for the points where the track is near the water. The lagoon must rise and drop for something like that to be needed.

IMO if Universal were to rework the Discovery Center for the new version I'd like to see an all new building, not just a new coat of paint. The current building doesn't represent the center in the Jurassic World movies.

The building as is doesn't fully represent the center in Jurassic Park, either - it's its own creation, which I think is nicer. It can exist in whatever timeframe they want.

I was still caught on Alicia's framing tracks - it's weird to think of this as low to the ground on both ways. It'll be hard to fully picture until we get some concept art and/or supports in place. Which, sadly, will be a while...

No offense to rhino, and just so we're all on the same page... we are talking about the view from across the lagoon, right? That's not even in world, the other side of the building would still be pristine. Inland is where you get the immersion at IoA.

You will be able to see the track in the sense that it's not invisible. But it can be tastefully done to not take away from the architectural details of the video, or even compliment them. I feel some are worried that it'll be almost as bad as in Japan, but I'm thinking this one is better thought out.

Edit: IDK how I spelled building so bad auto-correct changed it to video but here we are.

Last edited:
No offense to rhino, and just so we're all on the same page... we are talking about the view from across the lagoon, right? That's not even in world, the other side of the building would still be pristine. Inland is where you get the immersion at IoA.

You will be able to see the track in the sense that it's not invisible. But it can be tastefully done to not take away from the architectural details of the video, or even compliment them. I feel some are worried that it'll be almost as bad as in Japan, but I'm thinking this one is better thought out.

Edit: IDK how I spelled building so bad auto-correct changed it to video but here we are.
I think? I'm not sure why IOA's grand reveal plaza with a cool coaster at the back of the park is a bad thing

So essentially you'll have the IOA theme playing, hulk launching, trolly train circling, and the JW Coaster flying by...I think it will be exciting

I think? I'm not sure why IOA's grand reveal plaza with a cool coaster at the back of the park is a bad thing

So essentially you'll have the IOA theme playing, hulk launching, trolly train circling, and the JW Coaster flying by...I think it will be exciting

As long as it's nothing like Flying Dinosaur's appearance in Japan (which insiders say it won't be), and as long as it still looks like a jungle over there, then I don't disagree with you.

Because some people love Jurassic Park and want to be immersed in the fantasy that they are in a real Jurassic Park while in that section of the park, and the Discovery center is one of the most iconic parts of JP and one the key parts of selling that illusion.

While I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that this coaster will be done right, I think it'd make you a little nervous too if, say, Universal announced they were building a roller coaster that goes directly in front of and around Hogwarts. Obviously, JP as an IP has more leeway for this sort of thing since it's already sort of a theme park in-lore, but something like the Flying Dinosaur coaster in Japan which just leaves twisted coaster tracks everywhere kills the immersion and constantly reminds you of the artificiality of everything.

Because some people love Jurassic Park and want to be immersed in the fantasy that they are in a real Jurassic Park while in that section of the park, and the Discovery center is one of the most iconic parts of JP and one the key parts of selling that illusion.

While I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that this coaster will be done right, I think it'd make you a little nervous too if, say, Universal announced they were building a roller coaster that goes directly in front of and around Hogwarts. Obviously, JP as an IP has more leeway for this sort of thing since it's already sort of a theme park in-lore, but something like the Flying Dinosaur coaster in Japan which just leaves twisted coaster tracks everywhere kills the immersion and constantly reminds you of the artificiality of everything.
Why does everyone keep mentioning the Flying Dinosaur ?? I know it’s a huge coaster so taking that into account I don’t think it’s coming here because of lack of space.

To each their own, I guess.

I just wanna chime in here real fast and say as a kid, I never felt I was in the real Jurassic Park from the movies. It’s weird, but I felt like I was in the “real life” Dino zoo that movie was based on, which was way cooler. Hopefully this will spur a nice retheme full of surprises.
And besides, one of my favorite coasters of all time is Xcelerator at Knotts, and rumors are pointing to this will be that on steroids. Bring it on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.