Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2019

It’s no secret universal wants their own food and wine.
I feel like they're missing out on not doing some kind of festival between USF, IOA, and Citywalk with special food

It seems Mardi Gras, HHN (to some extent), and Christmas have put an emphasis on f&b offerings

I just wonder if they did something during the summer

This won’t be a review, but a few interesting things I noticed the first day.

None of the Mardi Gras food cart staff knew when they were closing, and then they ended up staying open till past 9 PM (when the park closed).

Bayou Boil wasn’t open every time I went by. It’s a Mardi Gras food cart in Battery Park. A guy at the Gumbo cart said that’s where they’re selling Frog Legs.

The only foods with a full entree size are the Gumbo and Jambalaya.

Yeah, the food locations weren't fully ready for primetime yet. There's an offering that is being advertised in the area (a sample platter of the food in the area) that still wasn't being served yet.

Universal is bringing back returning favorites, such as gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets; but are also adding new classics to the menu - including po’ boys, crab etouffee, and more.

Universal Orlando shares first look at new food & drink coming to Mardi Gras 2019 | Inside Universal

Awesome, and I appreciate it. This will be my first Mardi Gras event, so that was helpful.

Small question or clarification that the guide didn't help with- where exactly is "French Quarter Courtyard"?

Also- what is "Club access"

Awesome, and I appreciate it. This will be my first Mardi Gras event, so that was helpful.

Small question or clarification that the guide didn't help with- where exactly is "French Quarter Courtyard"?

Also- what is "Club access"

French Quarter Courtyard is in New York, by Gramercy Park.

Club Access = CityWalk Clubs (The Groove, Red Coconut Club, Rising Star)

I'm gonna be updating the guide over the next few days since I can report changes and experiences first hand now.

French Quarter Courtyard is in New York, by Gramercy Park.

Club Access = CityWalk Clubs (The Groove, Red Coconut Club, Rising Star)

I'm gonna be updating the guide over the next few days since I can report changes and experiences first hand now.
Tough work but glad you are on it!

Just want to say, new floats look amazing this year. And, as always, the dancers/performers finish the route with just as much energy as they started with, and genuinely seem to be having fun. For me, easily the best parade in Orlando.

FWIW saw a wider variety of bead colors this year than I remember previously.

They finally announced the Bayou Boil.

Bayou Boil – An Exclusive Mardi Gras Experience ($59.99 per adult plus tax and $39.99 per child plus tax)

On select nights, guests can enjoy an all-you-can-enjoy Louisiana-style boil featuring crawfish, shrimp, potatoes and corn-on-the-cob and, upon request, chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya. After, guests will get an exclusive viewing area for the Mardi Gras parade with king cake, beignets, sparkling wine and assorted non-alcoholic beverages to indulge in. The first Bayou Boil will start on February 16 and continue select weekend nights through March 31.

We'll have an article up soon.

They finally announced the Bayou Boil.

Bayou Boil – An Exclusive Mardi Gras Experience ($59.99 per adult plus tax and $39.99 per child plus tax)

On select nights, guests can enjoy an all-you-can-enjoy Louisiana-style boil featuring crawfish, shrimp, potatoes and corn-on-the-cob and, upon request, chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya. After, guests will get an exclusive viewing area for the Mardi Gras parade with king cake, beignets, sparkling wine and assorted non-alcoholic beverages to indulge in. The first Bayou Boil will start on February 16 and continue select weekend nights through March 31.

We'll have an article up soon.
The “select dates” are pretty much weekends/concert nights.

You get a lot of food here, but for $60 and then to not include alcohol is Disney-level ballsy. At least with the new Illuminations dining package (which is cheaper), you get unlimited alcohol.

The “select dates” are pretty much weekends/concert nights.

You get a lot of food here, but for $60 and then to not include alcohol is Disney-level ballsy. At least with the new Illuminations dining package (which is cheaper), you get unlimited alcohol.

What? It includes sparkling wine per the description. It’s a great deal as it ALSO includes the reserved viewing areas, deserts, and the boil. Plus an AP discount makes it $48.

What? It includes sparkling wine per the description. It’s a great deal as it ALSO includes the reserved viewing areas, deserts, and the boil. Plus an AP discount makes it $48.
You do get a lot of food, no doubt, but sparkling wine being the only acholic choice is a little bit of a turn off.

I guess I just don’t like spending a lot of money on food I may or may not like. I could put $48 ($60 to most) to much better use in a theme park or elsewhere I guess is my thinking.

You do get a lot of food, no don’t, but sparkling wine being the only acholic choice is a little bit of a turn off.

I guess I just don’t like spending a lot of money on food I may or may not like. I could put $48 ($60 to most) to much better use in a theme park or elsewhere I guess is my thinking.

That’s fair if you’re not sure if a crawfish boil is your thing, I just wouldn’t call it a bad value especially with all the extras.

Plus the Illuminations Dining Package is $25 more than this.