Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning opening date 'announcement' for Potter (and GESWL), Niles has an interesting article today on Theme Park Insider (Disclaimer: I'm no fan of Niles, but he does have some interesting points about this).
Good points in there. Makes sense. Media announcements and new ride openings are global news, especially when it comes to Star Wars and Potter, so that makes some sense.

I could see Universal not wanting a Volcano Bay/Pandora opening all over again.

I’d get up early on March 11th and watch The Today Show if I were you.

Funny thing about this is that I wasn't concerned about the lack of an announcement or coaster name. It was built, Bio's pictures proved it, and I wasn't losing sleep. Now, we have this mystical date of 3/11/2019 and I can't wait for it to get here. Stupid date anxiety (not to be confused with anxiety about a date with a potential significant other).

Been reading the last few pages catching up. At first I was thinking it might be a D23 event, but now it just sounds like coaster. If we get some concept art of the queue, scenes or an AA, that’s all I really care about. We know the ride pretty much in its entirety already, so I don’t care about that. Or a name.
I would also guess a season.

Curious regarding JP, Today Show Cafe, Emerils and T2- will the media event be after for Q&As? It’s not like USA Today is flying up for the today show, right?

Been reading the last few pages catching up. At first I was thinking it might be a D23 event, but now it just sounds like coaster. If we get some concept art of the queue, scenes or an AA, that’s all I really care about. We know the ride pretty much in its entirety already, so I don’t care about that. Or a name.
I would also guess a season.

Curious regarding JP, Today Show Cafe, Emerils and T2- will the media event be after for Q&As? It’s not like USA Today is flying up for the today show, right?
Yea, I think we get a reveal on TV in the morning, the blog post, maybe a couple more TV show integrations throughout the day/evening AND the media event for the press to get all the details they need to write their own stories.

I think Comcast wants to break the news first, hence the Today Show reveal, then blog post, then media event.

Did you check Al's travel schedule?

Everyone keep an eye out to see if he ends up in UOR for some reason. I'd be shocked if they don't get some promotional footage in the parks.

I’ve heard they’re still on for a June opening. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s around the 9th anniversary of the land.

Dang. A decade ago I was walking through IOA with my high school friends, drooling over the Hogsmeade peaks I could see over the construction walls. Feels like yesterday.

I just want a picture of Fluffy.. please and thank you.

Your wish is granted.

P_MAGICALCREATURES_Toys_Plush_HarryPotter_Toys_FluffyPlush_1229890.JPG

So... going with the idea that they do multiple announcements on NY, what we know the have in the works that they could possibly announce?
* Potter Coaster on IoA
* JW Coaster on IoA
* T2/Bourne on USF
* F&F replacement on USF
* JW on USH
* Nintendo breaking ground ceremony on USH(like they had on USJ)
* Slop on USH
* 4th gate on Orlando

Potter, Bourne, USH's JW and Nintendo, for me, are the only ones that look at least realistic.

JW has already been announced by Hollywood proper.

My..guesses:

- Potter Coaster
- Bourne
- The Today Show Cafe
- Secret Life of Pets (USH)
- USH JW Commercial (whether in the day, or sometime later during The Tonight Show)

That said, perhaps we should bring that discussion elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.