Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tigris Launch Coaster - Opening 2019

There's one in the state of FL. The next closest one is at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The next closest park that could install one would be SFOG, and that's far away enough for locals to not care or even know about it. I don't see an issue. There have only been 9 built worldwide (including this one).

Really?
18 seats per train, you think they can load -> ride ->unload the single train every 90 seconds?

Yes, with enough staff. If you have 4 people checking restraints, they can streamline the process. There will be lines for this, not denying that, but BG is not an idiot. They know how to operate.

Yes, with enough staff. If you have 4 people checking restraints, they can streamline the process. There will be lines for this, not denying that, but BG is not an idiot. They know how to operate.

During the event yesterday, the hourly capacity was said to be 400-600 pph.

Watching Dan's video on the hard hat tour and Brian's write up above, it seems they're expecting 400-500.

“You’ll launch 25 mph out of the station, 50 mph in the reverse direction, and then 62 mph all the way up through the circuit of the ride and into a dramatic heartline roll,” explains Andrew Schaffer, Director of Design and Engineering at Busch Gardens Tampa.

Due to the nature of the ride, it will have an extremely low hourly capacity – with a rough guess around 400-500 at the moment.

Hope I'm being pessimistic but I still think 360 - 420 is most likely.

Even though this is a roller coaster I like that they’re approaching the project like a flat ride. Unlike Six Flags which hyped these things up like the second coming of Christ, BGT has been pretty low key with it. Can’t wait for Gwazi 3.0 announcement.

This addition (like most of the recent Six Flags additions) is low capacity, but that is part of the design to sell Quick Queue. Driving that percap spending is what their business model is. And, they've gotten really smart with selling single Quick Queue through the app. So, you walk up to a ride, see a long line, pull out your phone and buy a single use Quick Queue to skip the line. Pricing varies by crowds size and length of line.

Even though this is a roller coaster I like that they’re approaching the project like a flat ride. Unlike Six Flags which hyped these things up like the second coming of Christ, BGT has been pretty low key with it. Can’t wait for Gwazi 3.0 announcement.
I think it's worth mentioning, that only one Six Flags park has this type of roller coaster. And that was in 2012.

These coasters really aren't as common as everyone is making them out to be.

Electric Eel gets between 500-600pph normally.

@GAcoaster Quick Queue allocation for Tigris will be very limited if Electric Eel & Tempesto are anything to go by.

Yeah, I have to think if anything; we should look more directly towards what they have already done, with the same ride layout and train capacity. And at the very least, one of them is open year-round.

I think it's worth mentioning, that only one Six Flags park has this type of roller coaster. And that was in 2012.

These coasters really aren't as common as everyone is making them out to be.

Good point, I suppose I was also thinking about the free flys, the Larson loopers and the skyline attractions stuff that they all call coasters. My comment is more in reference to the fact that bgt seems to be keeping the news on this low key.