Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

If possible, I would move it to Launch Bay.
See, that's funny, because I would get demolition started on Launch Bay. It would be the best place to work on and cause the least impact to the park while also providing an expansion. Obviously it would still impact the park, but an expansion is needed one way or another and they'll need to figure out a way for it to make it happen with the stress the park is going to face.

See, that's funny, because I would get demolition started on Launch Bay. It would be the best place to work on and cause the least impact to the park while also providing an expansion. Obviously it would still impact the park, but an expansion is needed one way or another and they'll need to figure out a way for it to make it happen with the stress the park is going to face.
Launch Bay takes up a decent amount of space. Once Galaxy’s Edge opens up, there’s a decent chance they’ll need to keep Launch Bay just to help handle the park’s crowds.

Otherwise, you’re totally right. Launch Bay is out of the way and nonessential. It would be a great expansion pad for the park that wouldn’t interrupt daily operations.

Launch Bay takes up a decent amount of space. Once Galaxy’s Edge opens up, there’s a decent chance they’ll need to keep Launch Bay just to help handle the park’s crowds.

Otherwise, you’re totally right. Launch Bay is out of the way and nonessential. It would be a great expansion pad for the park that wouldn’t interrupt daily operations.
Well yes, it takes up a decent amount of space (with plenty more space to potentially be used behind the Animation/Launch Bay building)... but i'd say losing that space would be a small price to pay if it means DHS would see continued expansion and make it's way into being a healthier park.

Presumably there will be meet-and-greet spots within Galaxy's Edge, and Tatooine Traders will still sell SW merchandise, so I don't see any reason Launch Bay should stick around. Get rid of it and start planning for the expansion of the park into that area.

I'd also like to see Path of the Jedi replaced with something that isn't just a clips show.

Look at all of this wasted space! Ugh. (courtesy of bio):
Dy7whWtU0AA_CZC.jpg
Should’ve put Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway there.

They could have... Just like they could have put Guardians in the disused Wonders of Life Pavilion, since the ride's actually taking place behind the entry building anyway...

But I have a theory...

Disney wanted the moving theater rides dead. And so they shut them both down, in the same year. RIP.

They could have... Just like they could have put Guardians in the disused Wonders of Life Pavilion, since the ride's actually taking place behind the entry building anyway...

But I have a theory...

Disney wanted the moving theater rides dead. And so they shut them both down, in the same year. RIP.
But why would they want that unless they turned evil?

CelebratedPlasticCardinal-small.gif

It's particularly head-shaking and irritating because Disneyland is apparently getting the ride without having to sacrifice anything.

Keeping - and refreshing - The Great Movie Ride while adding a new family-friendly E-ticket in Animation Courtyard (where Runaway Railway could have still been perfectly appropriate, thematically) would have really helped the park's capacity and crowding issues when Galaxy's Edge opens.

But I have a theory...

That’s exactly why. Maintenance on the rides was getting insanely high and they don’t even make a lot of the parts anymore so for them to viably keep GMR (Energy was a goner due to low ridership), they would’ve had to completely gut and replace the track with new tech for them to keep it.