Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

I'd guess it's a 'can't miss' attraction. There's never been a truly Mickey Mouse 'ride' yet, why is a puzzle, so there's so much pent up demand that I'm sure it will be a sleeper hit. And, from what we can deduce, it sounds like it will be an entertaining and quality attraction. Seems like an easy decision to clone this to every Disney resort park system.

I’ve heard that they think this is their modern classic and want it to be at every Disney Resort around the world.

They are extremely confident in this ride.

I'm glad they're confident in it and I'm hoping it'll be awesome. But the last time they thought they could open up a ride all over the place as a franchise was... Mission:Space. :lmao:

I'm glad they're confident in it and I'm hoping it'll be awesome. But the last time they thought they could open up a ride all over the place as a franchise was... Mission:Space. :lmao:
They must have had some of the same people on that decision team that brought us the "Spectacular" GP loving F&F clones. ;)

I say with great confidence that this will not be the failure that M:S was. This should be an E-ticket that will please people of all ages.

So happy that it won’t replace Roger Rabbit. I imagine a few facades (maybe even a house?) will have to disappear to make room for the ride entrance, but this sounds amazing

Edit: Read the article, never mind! If I remember the land right, I think the entrance will have to be on the eastern side of the land. It’ll make the land’s crowds uneven, but DL is a big park.

The Toontown Gag Factory will be departing, with no plans for a new retail store for either Runaway Railway, or Cartoon Spin.

So in essentials, Disney is more willing to gut more of backstage and one retail; than that of a small dark ride based off of a niche property.

Let that sink the hell in for a second.
I know Toontown Gag Factory’s store has two facades with different names. Maybe they’ll cut the store in half? (Doubtful).

That’s crazy. It’s the only retail space in that part of the park and it’s a really big store.

Last time I was there, I did remember thinking that the merch seemed out of place in Toontown. The whole store fit well with Roger Rabbit but didn’t fit the Toontown aesthetic terribly well

The Toontown Gag Factory will be departing, with no plans for a new retail store for either Runaway Railway, or Cartoon Spin.

So in essentials, Disney is more willing to gut more of backstage and one retail; than that of a small dark ride based off of a niche property.

Let that sink the hell in for a second.

Good point.

Also, posters from Wdwmagic are GUTTED by the fact that:

-MMRR @ DHS has been delayed a year and will now open Spring 2020
-Defeats the purpose of destroying Great Movie Ride to fasttrack Mickey attraction to open BEFORE Galaxy's Edge
-Replaced signature attraction of the park & loved by some
-It will not be a unique ride to DHS, will be cloned to DLR. leaving only Slinky Dog as their unique ride. (Though I would argue TOT is unique)
-Capacity for SWL will be a nightmare due to ROTR being delayed & now MMRR with a park that has less than 10 rides total
-Have come to the cruel realization/rude awakening (like you have) that Disneyland is replacing a gift shop, DHS their signature attraction

Today was AMAZING day for us Disneyland fans/West Coasters, but a BRUTAL day for WDW fans/East Coasters.

I don't understand why they don't make City Hall the entrance area for the ride. It's much more centralized and grand. I'm also willing to bet we'll see the removal of the Fire Dept/Firework/Clock Repair/Jail structure.

I'm glad Roger Rabbit is safe. It's a very unique and underrated dark ride.

But that blows for WDW fans. Replacing the Great Movie Ride was totally unnecessary for this. It could've easily gone somewhere else at DHS.
Going in as an expansion of Animation Courtyard was how it was pitched if GMR was to be kept and updated.

I'm not sour about this going to DL though. Just continues to make Disneyland an even better park than it already is. It's truly amazing how good they've gotten at figuring out ways to maneuver around backstage space so that they can add without replacing any rides. SWGE and MMRR are using a large chunk of land that was previously used just as backstage space.

No lie, I kinda feel stabbed in the back here. DHS lost one of the last remnants of classic and great Disney rides outside of MK in WDW in the GMR. Disneyland loses a gift shop. It's like we're playing the same game with two different sets of rules.

No lie, I kinda feel stabbed in the back here. DHS lost one of the last remnants of classic and great Disney rides outside of MK in WDW in the GMR. Disneyland loses a gift shop. It's like we're playing the same game with two different sets of rules.

Fortunately, you guys are getting a bunch of E-tickets in the next few years. But yea, getting rid of GMR was dirty. Even though I never rode, it seemed like such a unique and cool ride that didn't exist anywhere else in the world. I feel like WDW management wanted to get rid of it due to the high cost nature of the ride, and used MICKEY as a way to soften the blow. What a shame.