Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sing on Tour Attraction coming to USJ

Hm. Avenue Q/Finding Nemo style or articulated ones like Creature Tech does or that one Inside Out float from DCA a few years back?

Hm. Avenue Q/Finding Nemo style or articulated ones like Creature Tech does or that one Inside Out float from DCA a few years back?

I mean it’s a guess. Or it could be like the black light puppet show at DSP or Disney Jr at DHS.

We had horror(monster) makeup show in 2001-2004.
After they closed down this attraction, this place is used as some kind of event space.(Gintama from JUMP summer, etc)
Now this building is under construction of SING attraction.

I think there is a possibility that Horror make-up in Orlando maybe replace to SING.

Based on what I see the Horror Make Up show in Japan has a larger stage and more space, ours is tiny. So unless they blow out the facility and make it larger I can't see a similar show coming.

Plus, it seems the USF Horror show is still hugely popular with the GP. It makes no sense to replace it. It's not like it has ride systems that are no longer supported by the manufacturer. Plus with a new show replacing the Terminator show, there's even less reason to bring a new show into that spot just down the street a bit.

d5761-286-811331-0.jpg

The story starts at the Japanese premiere of the world-famous “SING ON TOUR” led by character Buster Moon, a koala. The cast features Ash, the cheerful punk rock porcupine; Meena, a timid elephant with stunning voice; Rosita, a mother pig to 25 piglets; Johnny, an aspiring soulful singer; Gunter, the intensely dramatic performer, and Miss Crowly, Buster Moon’s assistant. Featuring everyone’s favorite songs, including “Shake it off” and “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing”, “SING ON TOUR” transports guests into an immersive, all new musical-show attraction.

The show includes sophisticated one-of-a-kind animatronics, cutting-edge kinetic lighting and an enormous LED screen. “SING ON TOUR” has been created under the guidance of a world- renowned Broadway musical producer and features brilliant entertainers, including the celebrated voiceover actor of the film “SING”, Mr. Teruyoshi Uchimura, who will voice the role of Buster Moon. Watch your favorite characters sing the hit film songs live. A musical show like never seen before! Sing your heart out at “SING ON TOUR”!

Looks like a mix of animatronics, mascot costumes, and... disturbing prosthetics-laden live performers, by look of the porcupine & gorilla.

I need to see it in motion, but I wonder if it's going to be similar to Mickey/Bugs/Daffy. More to where their mouths for the on-stage actors to speak, or if it's going to be static.