Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about the Figure 8 area right? To the left of the parking lot? The only thing that connects to it is a backstage road.

Oh no. I misunderstood, that loop is definitely backstage.

3) If you'll notice the interchange at Kirkman changed also. I'm thinking the red line would be for Universal transportation only, 3rd party buses would use the blue line.

View attachment 8946

Based on where the bus lanes lead it is likely that the bus drop-off for guests of Universal hotels will be in this general area:
Zlpxlbhl.png

Yea, what we've been hoping is a new CityWalk area will likely just be drop off/pickup and a parking tram loop.

That could be ground level, with CW2.0 starting on the second floor.

“It’s like an escape room, but it’s a whole theme park”

Truly immersive
I think this new park is going to do the same thing diagon did, change theme park standards again! They're gonna do some things that haven't been seen before for sure.

One of the more substantial changes on the new set of infrastructure plans is in the north east corner of the new park:

780F6gOl.png

They shifted the pond a bit to the northeast and added a road, which is later labeled as "Grasspave Drive". If anyone has a guess as to the reason for this change, I would be really interested to know!

Edit: For comparison, here is my colorful version of the old plans:

2kSihP6l.png

Last edited:
One of the more substantial changes on the new set of infrastructure plans is in the north east corner of the new park:

780F6gOl.png

They shifted the pond a bit to the northeast and added a road, which is later labeled as "Grasspave Drive". If anyone has a guess as to the reason for this change, I would be really interested to know!
BTW, Grasspave is a driving surface that allows grass to grow through it. It looks like a lawn, but you can drive on it.

Grasspave2 Porous Grass Paver – Invisible Structures

Invisible Fire Lanes is my guess.
I'd imagine that a grass surface doesn't do well in with lots of traffic, so it's probably not an access road for a complete themed land or something that guests will be walking on. Also, from ground level a normal paved fire lane could easily be hidden with a basic facade, a fence, or some trees. So maybe they are planning to put a tall attraction (coaster?) in that area and they want it to be set in a natural environment?

I'd imagine that a grass surface doesn't do well in with lots of traffic, so it's probably not an access road for a complete themed land or something that guests will be walking on. Also, from ground level a normal paved fire lane could easily be hidden with a basic facade, a fence, or some trees. So maybe they are planning to put a tall attraction (coaster?) in that area and they want it to be set in a natural environment?
I have no idea what they'll be using it for, I just know what it is.

Fire Lanes is listed on the link I posted, and I know theme park lands have fire lanes. So that is why I guessed fire lanes. But who knows?

Last edited:

780F6gOl.png

Edit: For comparison, here is my colorful version of the old plans:

2kSihP6l.png
Lagoons are so 1999

A question for anyone who might know:

I am hearing that WB might not be too pleased with the new park's name from friends I have in the movie making business. One such person implied that legal action might be on the table (though how that would work is anyone's guess). Has anyone on the theme park side of things heard similar scuttlebutt? Is it possible a new name might be coming?

When I first heard the Fantastic Worlds name I immediately said to my wife and friends, "Well, they better have the Fantastic Beasts franchise locked in or they are going to get a lot of negative feedback." Hearing the rumors of WB not being happy (assuming such talk is true) along with the whole HHN thing last year leads me to wonder if the two studios might not be as chummy as they were a decade or so ago.

Again, it's all just chatter, in Hollywood circles, but I imagine some actual theme park insiders might know more from that end.

If this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it to the proper place.

A question for anyone who might know:

I am hearing that WB might not be too pleased with the new park's name from friends I have in the movie making business. One such person implied that legal action might be on the table (though how that would work is anyone's guess). Has anyone on the theme park side of things heard similar scuttlebutt? Is it possible a new name might be coming?

When I first heard the Fantastic Worlds name I immediately said to my wife and friends, "Well, they better have the Fantastic Beasts franchise locked in or they are going to get a lot of negative feedback." Hearing the rumors of WB not being happy (assuming such talk is true) along with the whole HHN thing last year leads me to wonder if the two studios might not be as chummy as they were a decade or so ago.

Again, it's all just chatter, in Hollywood circles, but I imagine some actual theme park insiders might know more from that end.

If this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it to the proper place.
There's some info in one of these threads. A challenge of sorts was filed bt Warner a few months back contesting the application for the name.

There's some info in one of these threads. A challenge of sorts was filed bt Warner a few months back contesting the application for the name.

I must have missed the post(s) you are referring to when I went through my recent catching up spree. Sorry, guys, I didn't realize it had been discussed.

I am curious what this could mean for the relationship between the two companies?

Also, I wonder if Uni will change the name to appease the holders of the Potter Brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.