Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After Galaxy's Edge, I think DHS will be my favorite of the 4 parks. :lol:
The thing is, DHS may not have a ton of rides, but the rides they do have are mostly all going to be really good. The only two rides in the park that would be below D-ticket level would be Saucers and Slinky (imo), and both of those rides are still pretty fun.

So DHS is getting a lot of bang out of the rides it does have, but the park does still need more. Just like DAK does.

The thing is, DHS may not have a ton of rides, but the rides they do have are mostly all going to be really good. The only two rides in the park that would be below D-ticket level would be Saucers and Slinky (imo), and both of those rides are still pretty fun.

So DHS is getting a lot of bang out of the rides it does have, but the park does still need more. Just like DAK does.
DHS’s next big problem isn’t number of rides. It’ll be issues with crowd flow.

Reactions: SkiBum and Quint

Technically, DHS has been the most enjoyable for me for a while due to the FP+ tiers. I've always been able to get 3 good rides no matter what (RNRC, TOT, Star Tours.. or interchange one of these with a TSL ride). By the same token, I feel that the current tiers really hurt my experience at Epcot.

Reactions: sjago13 and therock
Well, it’ll be both. But yeah, Crowe flow is gonna be an issue for awhile... that only really gets solved by expansion.

It is literally the chicken and the egg discussion. Build popular rides and then crowds overwhelm you. So, you build more rides to handle the crowds and get more crowds as a result. However, there should be a balancing point that would effectively mitigate the crowds versus rides. To me, the more difficult issue is how to funnel the crowds because, as I have stated before, the park isn't laid out in a way to handle the amount of crowds that it could see. So, they almost have to look at the park layout and figure out how to fix chokepoints and dead ends.

It is literally the chicken and the egg discussion. Build popular rides and then crowds overwhelm you. So, you build more rides to handle the crowds and get more crowds as a result. However, there should be a balancing point that would effectively mitigate the crowds versus rides. To me, the more difficult issue is how to funnel the crowds because, as I have stated before, the park isn't laid out in a way to handle the amount of crowds that it could see. So, they almost have to look at the park layout and figure out how to fix chokepoints and dead ends.

The layout of the park right now is going to cause this regardless but at least they're taking some steps in the right direction with Lightning McQueen Racing Academy, the additional meet & greets, Mickey & Minnie, the new nighttime show..

They should keep it going and help out some of the other dead spots around the park. Path of the Jedi should totally become something else once Galaxy's Edge opens, even if it's just showing shorts.

Reactions: HPFred and SkiBum
DHS is going to need a DSP style expansion with three new lands with at least 2 rides each

There was talk of a whole Indiana Jones land replacing the stunt show and extending further into the parking lot. I think someone said they were thinking about using the Shanghi Pirates technology for it.

I do wonder why something like that hasn't happened already (or been lined up for soon after SWGE).

Reactions: tankart150
The layout of the park right now is going to cause this regardless but at least they're taking some steps in the right direction with Lightning McQueen Racing Academy, the additional meet & greets, Mickey & Minnie, the new nighttime show..

They should keep it going and help out some of the other dead spots around the park. Path of the Jedi should totally become something else once Galaxy's Edge opens, even if it's just showing shorts.
If you closed Path of the Jedi and the Frozen show and did a complete gut job of those theaters, a nice dark ride could fit in easily.

If you closed Path of the Jedi and the Frozen show and did a complete fire gut job of those theaters, a nice dark ride could fit in easily.

I like that idea for the future but I think right now what DHS needs to solidify is their lesser offerings, like the shows and theater attractions. Everything they're adding as of late between TSL, Mickey & Minnie, and Galaxy's Edge are all big draws.

Reactions: HPFred and Dhdhddh
I like that idea for the future but I think right now what DHS needs to solidify is their lesser offerings, like the shows and theater attractions. Everything they're adding as of late between TSL, Mickey & Minnie, and Galaxy's Edge are all big draws.
Oh I wasn't suggesting now, there's bigger fish to fry first. But if you just look at what we've been talking about - Animation Courtyard/expanding to connect to RNRC, Indy and it's surrounding area, the PotJ/Froen theater complex, etc, etc... there's so many different things they still need to do to this park and so many areas under-utilized.

However, when you think of how good of a line-up this park will have just next year, imagine how good the park could be when they finally get to a few of these other areas.

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
Technically, DHS has been the most enjoyable for me for a while due to the FP+ tiers. I've always been able to get 3 good rides no matter what (RNRC, TOT, Star Tours.. or interchange one of these with a TSL ride). By the same token, I feel that the current tiers really hurt my experience at Epcot.

I don't pay Disney prices for 3 rides a day.

I think it needs a bit more expansion before it becomes my favorite. Not that the current investment isn't massive but it needs another 'land' or two.

I just feel like they are not growing the total number of attractions enough.

Reactions: HPFred and belloq87
DHS will still be my least favorite Park after Galaxy’s Edge opens. There needs to be more to do and better flow with the layout. Star Wars is not ‘THE fix’ that DHS needs...its only one piece of that fix.
I feel like we’re all repeating the same thing. :bored:

Reactions: Cheezbat
There was talk of a whole Indiana Jones land replacing the stunt show and extending further into the parking lot. I think someone said they were thinking about using the Shanghi Pirates technology for it.

I do wonder why something like that hasn't happened already (or been lined up for soon after SWGE).

Because before Potter, Disney sat on its rear for decades , not building any new capacity, while crowds kept pouring in.

They started rationing rides severely, and the crowds got bigger, even when Disney was purposefully limiting visitor enjoyment because they would't spend money.

One round of rides won't fix a problem that was festering for decades.