Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

the lack of "animals" in Pandora is definitely a problem. Considering the rest of the lands (minus Dino land) have actual live animal encounters. They could have added at least some AA's in a cave you can only peer into from a far. The River journey should have had a lot more AAs as well. When the ride was announced, I pictured an alien version of the Jungle Cruise. The overuse of screens definitely hurts this attraction.

the lack of "animals" in Pandora is definitely a problem. Considering the rest of the lands (minus Dino land) have actual live animal encounters. They could have added at least some AA's in a cave you can only peer into from a far. The River journey should have had a lot more AAs as well. When the ride was announced, I pictured an alien version of the Jungle Cruise. The overuse of screens definitely hurts this attraction.
I like the water squirting creatures floating around in a pond. That was great, now you need 2 or 3 more alien animal encounters around the land.

A full size banshee that rises up out of one of the lower floating mountains, flaps its 4 wings and screams every 10-15 minutes would be great. They could learn a thing or two from Diagon Alley.

I like the water squirting creatures floating around in a pond. That was great, now you need 2 or 3 more alien animal encounters around the land.

A full size banshee that rises up out of one of the lower floating mountains, flaps its 4 wings and screams every 10-15 minutes would be great. They could learn a thing or two from Diagon Alley.
Good idea. Pandora really lacks kinetic energy. That would certainly add some life to the land and maybe it would help to mitigate the museum feel of the land.

Exactly . They could easily add more “hidden” creatures to the land itself. There is so much space that is being used just for fake plants. Even a small abandoned nest or some other “signs of life” would have been preferred.

Exactly . They could easily add more “hidden” creatures to the land itself. There is so much space that is being used just for fake plants. Even a small abandoned nest or some other “signs of life” would have been preferred.
The ET queue is a thousand times more alive than Pandora. Just throw some space rabbits in the bushes that twitch their ears here and there, it's not that hard.

The rumor on the street was a walking path was created somewhere in the land behind the trees where CM controlled puppets would walk by. If true it would have been a nice way to make the land feel more alive.

I thought I remembered hearing something about a walk-through area that would showcase the "bioluminescence" throughout all times of the day.

If the costumes were well executed, why would that be awkward?

Because I don’t see a world where they are well executed, either.

I'll add to Nick's response, just look at the mech suit walkaround for the land. If that's the result you get from the same group that made the Transformers walkarounds for Uni...I don't see them executing the costumes either.

I'll add to Nick's response, just look at the mech suit walkaround for the land. If that's the result you get from the same group that made the Transformers walkarounds for Uni...I don't see them executing the costumes either.
On top of that, in the film, the Na’vi are about 15’ tall and extremely lanky. I just don’t see how it’d even be possible for them to create a realistic (and safe) costume. Surely it’d have to be a stilt, but you wouldn’t be able to safely put a stilt walker in a costume that would be thematically correct imo.

There are sculpted insects in one of the trees, The crab-looking things along the pond, a horse skeleton along the river, and a buddy of mine pointed out some claw marks in one of the fallen trunks. If you follow the foot prints, you can see where viper wolves paired up to take down a kill. I have been dozens of times and I didn’t find many of these amazing details until recently. These work well with the sounds to give the illusion, but I really would love a few well executed AAs.

There are sculpted insects in one of the trees, The crab-looking things along the pond, a horse skeleton along the river, and a buddy of mine pointed out some claw marks in one of the fallen trunks. If you follow the foot prints, you can see where viper wolves paired up to take down a kill. I have been dozens of times and I didn’t find many of these amazing details until recently. These work well with the sounds to give the illusion, but I really would love a few well executed AAs.
Plus, don't forget the Stingbats hiding in the back of the floating mountains, but yea, more static figures.

P1110385.jpg

P1110159b.jpg