Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Based off of most of your speculation, lists, you guys seem to not think Blumhouse will be coming back this year. Is this correct?

Seemed good earlier, though the weird ish with Hellraiser (and maybe The Thing?) is now making things interesting in regards to that.

With Hellraiser gone I’d guess:

- Stranger Things 2
- Haunting of Hill House
- Blumhouse 3 ft HDD2U, Ma, maybe Us
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Classic Property(maybe Alien?)
i hope the classic property is the thing. i heard so much great things about 07´s assimilation maze, and i hope to see it at the event again.

I'm fairly new to the HHN speculation group, so I was wondering how much paying attention to Murdy can help with speculations for Orlando? I don't know how much houses overlap between the coasts, so maybe you folks have some insight? :thumbsup: (Sorry if this derails the conversation, I've just been curious about it for a while now!)

I'm fairly new to the HHN speculation group, so I was wondering how much paying attention to Murdy can help with speculations for Orlando? I don't know how much houses overlap between the coasts, so maybe you folks have some insight? :thumbsup: (Sorry if this derails the conversation, I've just been curious about it for a while now!)
most of our i.p houses borrow from hollywood, sometimes we might get 1 i.p exclusive here. so yeah i think murdy can help sometimes.

With Hellraiser gone I’d guess:

- Stranger Things 2
- Haunting of Hill House
- Blumhouse 3 ft HDD2U, Ma, maybe Us
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Classic Property(maybe Alien?)

Nick said Alien is out. Classic property could be The Thing, or Universal monsters.

Kind of hope instead of HoB again they go for another original. But, #synergy

Edit: Took out unintentional text.

Last edited:
Did Murdy flat out day Hellraiser isn’t happening because of the rights, or did he only say Hellraiser’s rights were h

Nick said Alien is out. Classic property could be The Thing, or Universal monsters.

Kind of hope instead of HoB again they go for another original. But, #syngergy.

Murdy said he would do Hellraiser in a heartbeat but the rights are a mess.

Everyday I wish that I attended the event during those years. Hopefully they will bring back something similar in the upcoming years.

I wish I had attended more, but still feel very lucky to have attended two.

I would say All Nite DIE-In/Silver Screams houses are obsolete now, but it might soon be illegal because of the massive rights limitations 2018 and onward and much more attention on the event than in those years. If they tried "unofficially" using Ghostface and Pinhead now, you can bet your bottom dollar that word would get out and they would be sued.

I wish I had attended more, but still feel very lucky to have attended two.

I would say All Nite DIE-In/Silver Screams houses are obsolete now, but it might soon be illegal because of the massive rights limitations and much more attention on the event than in those years. If they tried "unofficially" using Ghostface and Pinhead now, you can bet your bottom dollar that word would get out and they would be sued.

That is a fair point honestly. They aren't going to do the ol "plausible deniability" trick anymore especially when over the past two years they've now started allowing full videos of the houses during media night again.