Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Good point :thumbsup:...Yes, Universal Execs. says 80% of all tickets are park hoppers since HE opened. I tour that way also. I almost always do both parks every day I'm there. Before HE, I rarely did both, even though they're only a short 5 minute walk away. HE is the gift (for Universal) that keeps on giving....And, yes, the parks almost always have a crowded feeling now. I usually go in slow to moderate seasons. The ride lines are often short, but the streets are still usually crowded with people. So the parks usually never feel dead.

I think 80% seems relatively low for all tickets being park hoppers or do you mean 80% of people now park hop?

I still do a day at USF, a day at IOA and then a 3rd day at both to fill the gaps.

The UOR and Disneyland model of having two parks next door with an entertainment district is by far the best model for a resort and I hope this is what Universal does with the new land.

I think 80% seems relatively low for all tickets being park hoppers or do you mean 80% of people now park hop?

I still do a day at USF, a day at IOA and then a 3rd day at both to fill the gaps.

The UOR and Disneyland model of having two parks next door with an entertainment district is by far the best model for a resort and I hope this is what Universal does with the new land.
Universal Executives have publicly stated that 80% of all tickets sold are now park hoppers, since HE came on board....I would guess WDW Disney's percentages are much much lower.

Universal Executives have publicly stated that 80% of all tickets sold are now park hoppers, since HE came on board....I would guess WDW Disney's percentages are much much lower.

Anecdotal from resort bars, most Disney on-site guests who do UOR do 1 day at each WDW park, then 1 day for both UOR parks. Or "the two Harry Potter parks" as they usually put it.

I genuinely thought the percentage would be much higher. I’d be interested to see what the numbers were like before the HE opened.

Like you said above, it’s a genius attraction.

On my next trip to Orlando, depending on when I go, I will probably be aiming towards a single day tickets for two parks at Disney.

Looking at the stand by line times (not actual attendance, but a good indicator of how crowded a park feels) , it appears this has been a really busy President's Day weekend for WDW & Universal Orlando thus far, even significantly busier than Touring Plans predictions for the holiday weekend. Parks sound like they're packed.

Looking at the stand by line times (not actual attendance, but a good indicator of how crowded a park feels) , it appears this has been a really busy President's Day weekend for WDW & Universal Orlando thus far, even significantly busier than Touring Plans predictions for the holiday weekend. Parks sound like they're packed.
Bio's Epcot pics at rope drop looked pretty full. Glad I'm not going up til Friday.

Changing the title of this thread to "Attendance Tracker" as it better reflects what the thread has become.
Good idea for the thread title ....Looking at Monday's (President Day) stand by times (indicators of crowd feel but not actual attendance) Touring Plans lines app. shows mostly level 10 crowd levels on most of the WDW and Universal attractions. Even B ticket rides like Woody Woodpecker, Twirl & Hurl and Storm have lines over 30 minutes. Seems it's been a really good 4 day holiday period for both park systems, with crowds significantly above TP's holiday predictions. Good warm sunny weather is probably a contributor too.

Good idea for the thread title ....Looking at Monday's (President Day) stand by times (indicators of crowd feel but not actual attendance) Touring Plans lines app. shows mostly level 10 crowd levels on most of the WDW and Universal attractions. Even B ticket rides like Woody Woodpecker, Twirl & Hurl and Storm have lines over 30 minutes. Seems it's been a really good 4 day holiday period for both park systems, with crowds significantly above TP's holiday predictions. Good warm sunny weather is probably a contributor too.
Meanwhile I was at Volcano Bay Friday with everything ride now (everythimg but krakatoa walk on) the whole day. Very fun and relaxing time.

This is why I NEVER use posted wait times as a projection of attendance.

Animal Kingdom's 2019 Wait Times Are More Wrong Than Usual - TouringPlans.com Blog

tl;dr Touring Plans paid someone to wait in lines at DAK for weeks after noticing irratic posted wait times. They found attraction wait times are highly inflated at historic levels, including Pandora.

I know the conspiracy nut in us all wants to believe this is to make the rides/parks more popular but I think Len is onto something saying it may overcompensating for expected technical delays and staffing shortages.

I know the conspiracy nut in us all wants to believe this is to make the rides/parks more popular but I think Len is onto something saying it may overcompensating for expected technical delays and staffing shortages.

I think it’s not coincidental that DAK After Hours events have been selling out too....

I think it’s not coincidental that DAK After Hours events have been selling out too....
Customer: Shucks the lines are so long for everything. Should we expect Disney to staff their parks as well as they can for $110 or more a ticket? Nahhh it's probably our fault for expecting that and not paying for an after hours event.

Why are people so negative about the tea report? Do they completely fabricate a lot of the numbers? I mean surely they have sources for all the parks.
Because it's not "official" so people can refute anything that doesn't live up to what they want it to be/what they've heard. At the same time, anything anyone may have heard is also not official. The only way to know official info is if parks release it (which isn't too often, if at all), or those that are C-level execs within their respected companies or held under a confidentiality agreement.

So really, only a tiny group of people know actual numbers. I stand by what i've always said about the TEA numbers: Take it with a grain of salt, but these are also the closest we see publicly. Basically just use it as a guideline, don't treat it like gospel and you'll be good.

Glad to see Animal Kingdom be the 2nd highest attended park at WDW now according to TEA. They invested a lot and did the expansion in a very concise and organized manner.

I’m not surprised to see VB still below TL and BB, with only an estimated 250k increase over last year. I wish they had the correct capacity numbers while they were constructing the park. I feel like if they did, we’d see 4 Oh Ya/Nos instead of 2, 2 Coasters side by side, 8 Mat Racers instead of 6, and another QS restaurant. Potentially even another tower altogether. The demand is there, they just can’t fill that demand.
On the surface, that makes the lack of using the expansion pad confusing. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that because they aren’t getting as large and fast of a return as they originally expected, it’s setting that expansion back a hair. That said, nothing in the theme park world gets your money back faster than a water park. Low operating expenses, low upfront capital, and lots of revenue. And considering the big expenses are already covered in the Volcano, wave pool, restaurants, technology, backstage and entrance, I’m hopeful we see something before Park 4 opens. One mammoth coaster and another tower of body slides and single tube slides would do wonders for the park in terms of rounding it out. Although that wouldn’t do much for capacity- we’d need large raft rides and a coaster for that.

Last edited:
Why are people so negative about the tea report? Do they completely fabricate a lot of the numbers? I mean surely they have sources for all the parks.
While I personally don’t think of them like that, I can see why people do. Historically, they can be very incorrect. Universal has corrected them in the past when they’re extremely off in the wrong direction, and Cedar Fair (I think?) released numbers for some of their parks recently that differ from then TEA numbers. The change in attendance year to year is what I trust, not the numbers themselves.