Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Netflix

The irony is he was a nickelodeon channel star prior to this. Show that kid actors can do well.

Number 4 however really really starts killing it in later episodes. Robert Sheenan also made famous from Channel 4's Misfits and that Sky series where he cut his genitalia off.

I just finished it and I'm so excited for season two. The pacing was interesting but I really really really enjoyed it and so glad it was a television show rather than a movie.
Child actors often end up doing very well. It's not like this is anything new.

Most Disney and Nick stars rarely cross over into more serious and adult roles with success...especially lately
I’ll give you lately on Disney/Nick, but from the 90s to the early 2000’s, there was a ton of it. And Disney/Nick actors aren’t the only “child actors”. Millie Bobby Brown is a freakin EXECUTIVE PRODUCER on a big budget sequel at the age of 14.

And the final shoes drop.

I'm starting to think Hulu would make more sense as a home for possible revivals as opposed to Disney+ now that it's majority Disney-owned. It already has Runaways now and other Marvel shows coming soon. That way Disney+ can remain the family friendly option.

I'm starting to think Hulu would make more sense as a home for possible revivals as opposed to Disney+ now that it's majority Disney-owned. It already has Runaways now and other Marvel shows coming soon. That way Disney+ can remain the family friendly option.

Disney has said that things on Disney+ will stay at PG-13/TV-14 or below. Everything else to Hulu.

Yeah, this level of stuff will go to Hulu, but the contract with Netflix says they can't use these characters for two years after cancelation.

Just binged through The Umbrella Academy. Absolutely loved it. This is really the first non-Marvel or Stranger Things Netflix show I’ve just had a genuinely fun time watching in quite some time.

Planning on watching The Russian Doll next.

I love Spielberg, but man is that a bad take.

In his defense though, this is mostly about film awards such as the BAFTA and Oscars which even Cuaron now realized was somewhat a mistake to put on Netflix rather than a traditional theatrical rollout. Additionally certain aspects such as sound notes, etc which theaters do from the directors notes aren't done with Netflix releasing.