Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would say with the official loss of Hellraiser, we can expect this years line up to really shake up our expectations, so I wouldn't get too attached to the idea of any of the mazes we think are coming till announcements start coming. Sounds like this year is really gonna throw us for a loop.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
I’m not sure about Jordan Peele’s stance on haunts but if he says no to “Us” I could see Universal using “Ma”. The basement looks like it could translate well and it looked like there’s gonna be quite a few kills

Last edited:
Reactions: hhnlover
I’m not sure about Jordan Peele’s stance on haunts but if he says no to “Us” I could see Universal using “Ma”. The basement looks like it could translate well and it looked like there’s gonna be quite a few kills
i saw the trailer for that, and if there going to use a mask like the Jack Torrance and Ash for Ma, it's going to look hilarious as hell.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
dp - since it seems our classic property is gone (hellraiser)...does that mean we might have a slim chance of getting the thing?

Just saw HDD2U,
And my golly this can easily be made into a maze.
Hospital Scene, Laurie gets stabbed
Science Room With Orb
Sorority House
Tunnel during evacuation
Basement with many Babies

One scene also could be a great tunnel scare zone.

So I don't know if HHN maze locations are chosen with a pattern in mind, but as there is sometimes a pattern I figured I would point it out just in case it leads toward any potential speculation.

WW: TCM(2016), ToT(2017), H4(2018). Rumored: ?(2019). The main thread here being slasher films.
Parisian: Purge Gauntlet(2016), HoB(2017), UCM(2018). Rumored: UCM 2(2019). There isn't much of a thread here minus UCM being there in the past and being much more successful than the previous two things at this location.
Mummy: Exorcist(2016), Shining(2017), TrT(2018), Rumored: ?(2019). The main thread I see for this location is that each one has been a "bucket list" property or one Murdy has been interested in for a long time, though I dont know if that affects whats coming this year.
Metro: Krampus(2016), AvED(2017), TFP(2018), Rumored: Holidayz(2019). Not much of a thread for this location either, except for each of the mazes at this location being close to lowest rated of their year at the event, whether justified or not.
747: FvJ(2016), Saw(2017), Poltergeist(2018), Rumored: Hill House(2019). Not really any thread here at all, besides having good facades, so at least thats good.
FDTD: AHS(2016), Roanoke(2017), HoB 2(2018), Rumored: HoB 3(2019). Once again not much of a thread, unless you believe this years rumors in which case the thread would be the IP showing up twice at this location.

I mean if Universal Monsters is coming back it wouldn't sound right without Slash's music. Though if this is hinting at something like Alice Cooper finally returning that would be cool.

Wasn't it sorta confirmed from Murdy's tweet that the way he wants to execute UCM in the future would mean it most likely isn't coming this year? Also, as of now, are the only rumored IP mazes, that haven't had doubt thrust onto them, for 2019 are ST 2, Haunting of Hill House, and HoB 3/Happy Death Day?

What if the music maze is based on Figure? I... wouldn't mind a maze based on some of his original tracks.. I could easily see it based on this album in particular.. The Asylum I think it's called..
Dv9mbuBVYAABzmH.jpg

^Naw, c'mon. Don't waste a valuable house venue on more dubstep. I'm only willing to tolerate a Figure maze if they're able to change the Walking Dead into a light overlay with Dubstep thrown in like the House of Horrors overlays from years ago.

Besides, more Dubstep is, at least IMO, the last thing this event needs. If you need some energetic music in the tunnel or in the SZs, play some metal. How about Ministry?

Reactions: ush.hacker