Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I think B&M track is beautiful. But that’s just me.
It is...Not appropriate for this application as it commands a ton of attention due to its boxiness

Rides like Montu and Kumba are beautiful examples of architectural coaster design

Because some people love Jurassic Park and want to be immersed in the fantasy that they are in a real Jurassic Park while in that section of the park
Then you must've been pissed off since 2008

I just wanna chime in here real fast and say as a kid, I never felt I was in the real Jurassic Park from the movies. It’s weird, but I felt like I was in the “real life” Dino zoo that movie was based on, which was way cooler. Hopefully this will spur a nice retheme full of surprises.
And besides, one of my favorite coasters of all time is Xcelerator at Knotts, and rumors are pointing to this will be that on steroids. Bring it on!!!
Heading to Knotts this summer, very excited to ride Xcelerator. Seems these coasters will be similar in their top hat element, although this coaster is rumored to have inversions.

Then you must've been pissed off since 2008

I don't actually notice or mind the Hogwarts showbuilding all that much when I'm in JP. What they did to it for Kong does bother me though, especially the removal of the second entrance arch. I'm not a fan of the newer Jurassic World aesthetic, but hopefully if they retheme JP to JW they'll add a new arch on that side while they're at it.

Be nice although as long as it isn't the delay of it opening like it was for Maverick.

And removed prior to opening. That's the only thing that worries me with Intamin. I love their coasters but sometimes the elements are a little too much for my neck. I don't have back issues but some of Maverick's whipping turns really toss the old head back and forth. Hopefully, this ride isn't too extreme in that regard. I will still ride it, regardless, but prefer to not have to brace myself.

But JP/JW is a theme park, so a coaster in it is not something that breaks immersion per se.

"The most advanced amusement park in the entire world, incorporating all the latest technologies. And I'm not talking just about rides. Everybody has rides. No, we've made living biological attractions so astounding that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet."

"The most advanced amusement park in the entire world, incorporating all the latest technologies. And I'm not talking just about rides. Everybody has rides. No, we've made living biological attractions so astounding that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet."
Annnnnd, Jurassic World has a water park, IMAX theater, Margaritaville, and a Dave & Busters. Hammond's dream of a living biological preserve died with him unfortunately.

And removed prior to opening. That's the only thing that worries me with Intamin. I love their coasters but sometimes the elements are a little too much for my neck. I don't have back issues but some of Maverick's whipping turns really toss the old head back and forth. Hopefully, this ride isn't too extreme in that regard. I will still ride it, regardless, but prefer to not have to brace myself.
After Maverick, I305, and Skyrush, they seem to have figured out where the sweet spot of crazy but not too crazy is

Listen, I'm gonan be frank, if you're an adult complaining because some trees getting cut down remind you that you're in a theme park (which you are), you've got bigger issues than some roller coaster track
Who are you talking to, specifically?

Also, that line of thinking is ridiculous. You can say that with anything in life; i.e., if you have access to clean water then any complaint is invalid. We're on a flippin theme park forum, we are allowed to complain about things directly related to our experiences in a theme park.

Who are you talking to, specifically?

Also, that line of thinking is ridiculous. You can say that with anything in life; i.e., if you have access to clean water then any complaint is invalid. We're on a flippin theme park forum, we are allowed to complain about things directly related to our experiences in a theme park.
I think complaining that you feel like you're in a theme park when you're in a theme park is the definition of lunacy

I think complaining that you feel like you're in a theme park when you're in a theme park is the definition of lunacy
I understand the desire for escapism and can completely understand the "more trees and less metal" opinion.
But you are correct in that the whole conversation is lunacy.

-One group is complaining that you feel like you're in a theme park when you're in a theme park.
-The other group is arguing that you should feel like you're in a theme park because you are in a theme park that's in a theme park.

Is that a good summary?
:bonk:

Last edited:
Having said that, the goal of Disney and Universal when building these mega lands is try and make you feel like you're not in a theme park.

...is it? Like, I'm sorry, but I've never felt like I wasn't in a theme park. When I'm standing around in a line to do the same interactive wand spell I just saw 10 people in front of me perform. It doesn't matter if I can see the next land over or some coaster track or not. It's *impossible* not to realize you're in a theme park when every activity in the land is designed and experienced like every other activity in a theme park.

The goal of these lands is to let people have fun. I don't think either company really cares whether you feel like you're in a theme park or not, as long as you're having fun and spending money.

...is it? Like, I'm sorry, but I've never felt like I wasn't in a theme park. When I'm standing around in a line to do the same interactive wand spell I just saw 10 people in front of me perform. It doesn't matter if I can see the next land over or some coaster track or not. It's *impossible* not to realize you're in a theme park when every activity in the land is designed and experienced like every other activity in a theme park.

The goal of these lands is to let people have fun. I don't think either company really cares whether you feel like you're in a theme park or not, as long as you're having fun and spending money.

You seem to have a disconnect that someone who wants things to be more immersive somehow "forgets" they are in a theme park. No one who isn't a complete psychopath believes that.

I'll use this as an example: Would you think it just as fine that Diagon Alley used straight up and down squared buildings and not leaning ones? Because "what idiot would think you're actually in Diagon Alley?" No... they did them crooked because that's how they should be done. No one believes it's actually Diagon Alley. No one forgets they're at Universal.
And Universal spent more money and time to make it more immersive to allow for greater suspension of reality/belief for their guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.