Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm kind of shocked that Disney cut a potential money maker, just to stay "in theme". Are you sure this is accurate?
I mean, you can never be 100% sure, but when things come from Martin's mouth I take it pretty seriously. Not having a real pizza planet also is another curious decision. It would be way out of the "toy size" theme. Both of those would be big money makers (if they actually did Pizza Planet right), but they decided to do neither.

They screw up all those types of decisions.

FInally do a ride based on Mickey Mouse, but use horrible character models.

Finally build a Star Wars Land, but don't base it on the 3 most loved movies AT ALL!

Have a chance to actually build a Tron roller coaster themed to teh Tron movies. Unless they are hiding it, we are getting another generic neon themed ride.

They screw up all those types of decisions.

FInally do a ride based on Mickey Mouse, but use horrible character models.

Finally build a Star Wars Land, but don't base it on the 3 most loved movies AT ALL!

Have a chance to actually build a Tron roller coaster themed to teh Tron movies. Unless they are hiding it, we are getting another generic neon themed ride.
1. In your opinion...

2. There’s literally a ride about the Millennium Falcon. The land may be more geared to the 7-9 films, but there’s going to be no M&Gs in the entire land anyway. This is an entirely new planet.

3. You can literally watch a video of what Tron will be like on YouTube.

1. In your opinion...

2. There’s literally a ride about the Millennium Falcon. The land may be more geared to the 7-9 films, but there’s going to be no M&Gs in the entire land anyway. This is an entirely new planet.

3. You can literally watch a video of what Tron will be like on YouTube.

1. In many people's opinion.

2. The Falcon isn't the nostalgia. Han and Chewie were.

3. Tron Shanghai has no Tron theming beyond the bikes. Neon<> Tron. No Recognizers, No MPU, No Bit, no characters. Just neon.

3. Tron Shanghai has no Tron theming beyond the bikes. Neon<> Tron. No Recognizers, No MPU, No Bit, no characters. Just neon.

First two are still your opinion.
Number three, I might be wrong but I don't know anyone who cares about Tron as an IP, its just a nice cool new rollercoaster

Even if the land was set outside of this timeline, I highly doubt they’d have designed a Falcon attraction differently. Han and Chewie were never going to be there with you.

And I’m not sure what you’re trying to say with this whole Tron thing. We’ve known the attraction we are getting for years and yeah, it’s, “just a coaster”. Oh well. Nobody remembers Tron: Legacy (most don’t even know the original exists) for the characters, much like Avatar. They remember it for its visuals, light cycles and an awesome Daft Punk soundtrack, all of which will be present on the ride. They played to the films strengths with the attraction.

ANYWAY, why you are talking about Runaway Railway, SW:GE, and TRON in the TSL thread is beyond me though. Keep it on track.

Nope, not at all. I think Flight of Passage is as dull as a ride can be. Slinky is a ton of fun.

To be fair Avatar is a pretty dull movie so maybe that's what they were aiming for? ;) ;) ;)

I have to wonder if the success of Toy Story Land (it's always packed) and the potential delaying of Mickey & Minnie might see Disney fast track another ride for TSL - maybe the woodys roundup type ride which was originally planned?

If it was up to you what ride would you add to TSL?

To be fair Avatar is a pretty dull movie so maybe that's what they were aiming for? ;) ;) ;)

I have to wonder if the success of Toy Story Land (it's always packed) and the potential delaying of Mickey & Minnie might see Disney fast track another ride for TSL - maybe the woodys roundup type ride which was originally planned?

If it was up to you what ride would you add to TSL?
There's much more pressing needs around the park than a TSL expansion at the moment. I wouldn't expect them to do anything to TSL outside of adding TS4 characters to TSMM for quite some time. Since they've already said SW Launch Bay is gonna be staying for a bit, I can only hope that Indy happens sooner than later for DHS.

And we don't exactly know for sure that Mickey is delayed yet. We just haven't heard anything from the company recently. I'd expect it by the end of the year, but wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to next spring to space out the openings.

Reactions: Andysol and HPFred
And we don't exactly know for sure that Mickey is delayed yet. We just haven't heard anything from the company recently.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that Disney just wants the focus for the first half of the year to be entirely on Galaxy's Edge, as far as major attractions go.

I'd expect it by the end of the year, but wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to next spring to space out the openings.

Let's hope not. I'm considerably more excited for it than I am for Smuggler's Run, so it better be open next January when I'm down there!

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Until I hear otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that Disney just wants the focus for the first half of the year to be entirely on Galaxy's Edge, as far as major attractions go.

Let's hope not. I'm considerably more excited for it than I am for Smuggler's Run, so it better be open next January when I'm down there!
From what I read on Magic, September is the aim, possibly earlier now.

:thumbsup:Like you, I'm much more excited for Mickey than Smugglers Run.