Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 493 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April ends in 9 weeks and as quick as Universal builds, I just can't see it. It still seems like they're is a lot of small things to get completed plus full testing and training.
Yes. I don't doubt he heard that one of the construction crews should be done by then, but there's still a lot to be done... It just doesn't require cranes and other heavy machinery.

Yes. I don't doubt he heard that one of the construction crews should be done by then, but there's still a lot to be done... It just doesn't require cranes and other heavy machinery.

This is how inaccurate rumors come about: part of a story is heard and is reported as the full picture. He made an incorrect logical jump that the ride would be open not the likely truth which is one construction team would be done (and maybe moving over next door?)

Stopped by the park last night on my day off. Here's this, if anyone wanted another look at the drop building. Oh the humanity, right?! :lol:

303bouc.jpg

Last edited:

This was Toy Story Land about 9 weeks before it opened:
DbQtmilU0AASmyn.jpg

Image from Bio.

Most of the vegetation planted and just pathways and finishing the buildings all of which were much simpler than what Universal are building.

While it would be nice, there's no room for it. Only a small amount of space between the coaster and HE that is still needed for emergency and maintenance reasons.

They don’t need to be full grown trees or even real trees. Build a platform high up and put something there.
It'd be cool if there was a way to just have a nice layering of tree tops only, but I just don't see them seeing it as a big enough problem to actually put the effort into doing something like that. Casual conversation with the average park-goer last night ended up in, "Wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't point it out." every single time.

It'd be cool if there was a way to just have a nice layering of tree tops only, but I just don't see them seeing it as a big enough problem to actually put the effort into doing something like that. Casual conversation with the average park-goer last night ended up in, "Wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't point it out." every single time.

I don't think it will be that big of a deal either but it's good to know that it's always a possibility if they feel the need.

Reactions: HPFred and WillQ92
Does the removal of the tower crane give more credence to the fact that the spike will stay open??
Them not building a foundation around the spike at this point is the only evidence we really need that it’s not coming. I don’t think it’s been in the cards for a long time.

When they never installed brakes at the top of the spike we should’ve had a clue it was never coming. I believe evacuation stairs was the only reason they even would have needed a structure around it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.