Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

As a rumor/speculation. It’s something that will always pop up as a “Is this possible” sort of option, but dozens of things apply to that.

I’m curious about Scream. I know it’s not Fox, but from what I’ve gathered it looks like it’s been in limbo for a while, a new company bought it and the next season will be airing on Netflix now. I can’t imagine they’d wanna do the TV show over the movies and I’m sure those rights are still too messy but just a thought.

Even though it’s not out yet I’ve also been thinking a lot about Us. It’s Universal, it’s Blumhouse, allegedly not a social commentary film, probably gonna make a lot of money, etc., etc. As long as it’s well received and Jordan Peele is ok with it I feel like they’d try to do it.

Okay, since I'm bored, I'm just going to write a treatment for a Jaws house just for fun as we're talking about a Jaws house. In order to effectively pull it off, there would have to be some creative liberties taken. Here's how I would do it (This would either go in a sound stage or a parade building):

Opening scene/facade: Similar to Poltergeist's facade, there would be some rockwork with seashells surrounding us and a rock and seaweed awning we would walk under. Above the awning is a forced-perspective model of Amity Island in the distance; some water lighting projection if placed on a blank space between the rock awning and the FP model to look like it's water. It's night, but there's a dim sunset lit up behind the model. As we walk up to the rockwork entrance with the model above us, there is some fog. We also see the shark fin in the "water" We hear the Jaws theme start up. Duuuu-dun. Duuuu-dun.

Scene 1: We go inside the rockwork and the entrance hallway. There's seashells and rocks surrounding us. No scares yet. The music gets a bit more intense. Dun dun dun dun dun dun. We exit the hallway to see a descent-sized room to make it look like we're submerged under-water (Think the under-water scene from Freddy Vs Jason). Rocks, Corals, sea weed everywhere. Above us is the surface. We see the legs of the girl from the opening scene and hear her dialouge from her opening scene. In front of us, we see a digital mapping projection of the shark's shadow, looming towards her.

Scene 2: We walk through another coral-reef hallway. The music gets more intense. We finally see the shark jump out (In puppet form) at us with the lady in his mouth. If they can do it, there would be some fog with red dye to give off the illusion of bloody waters. The music climaxes as the shark jumps out.

Scene 3: After a brief line of dialogue from old man Harry saying, "we know why you don't go in the water", we encounter a room of "floating" bodies and severed body parts in the wake of Jaws. These victims essentially represent all of the victims that died in the first half of the movie, save for the first lady who we already encountered. One of the "floating" bodies would be a real one and used as a scare. The audio trigger would sound like someone struggling under water. In the room, an audio clip plays of Mayor Quimby saying, "You yell 'Baracuda!', people are gonna yell, 'what?' You yell, 'shark!', we have a serious problem." As we exit the room, a pop up of the rotted head from the movie pops out from a hole in the mass of coral walls.

Scene 4: We walk into an underwater cage with the scuba diver accompanying us acting like he's swimming. We see the Jaws puppet raming the cage with a loud audio trigger of a rattle to scare us. We see the bottom of the boat and the surface above our heads.

Scene 5: After a rock wall transition, we end up on the dock at Amity Island. To the right of us is a storefront of Amity as we are walking on the wooden boardwalk. We go up a plank and enter the Orca. In this scene, "Father and son" is playing from the soundtrack. As we enter the Orca, we see Quint there with his beer singing, "Farewell and ado to you fair Spanish ladies". We walk inside the Orca.

Scene 6: We enter the Galey of the Orca and listen to the dialogue from the three on the boat as it is rocking back and forth (Similar to the pirate ship scene in The Depths and Knott's). We exit out of the galley through a curtain.

Scene 7: Where we should be on the deck, we are immediately greeted by Jaws himself popping out of the deck. Instead of popping out straight at us, he pops from the ground up towards up (Upward diagonal fashion); as if he were breaking out from the bottom of the ship and lunging at us. We make a turn and walk on a slanted platform ala the Forsaken and Dead Waters. Where gravity is pulling us, we see Quint being eaten alive by the Shark.

Scene 8: We make another turn and end up back in the Galley. The entire galley is tilted just like Blood Waters but half of it is ripped out by Jaws. He jumps out at us with blood in his teeth and Quint's leg still there, spraying water on us.

Scene 9: We're still walking on the mostly-sunken Orca with Brody there with his gun, sitting on a mast. An audio trigger lays of Brody saying, "Die you son of a b- BANG!" Jaws jumps out at us on-que, with an air tank in his mouth, as if he's coming out from the bottom of the ship, lunging at us. For more dramatic effect, we would feel a blast of air.

Scene 10: We turn the corner and we see Brody swimming off in the distance as a projection. We enter a sea rock formation that takes us back under water.

Scene 11: For the final scene, we see bits and pieces of Jaws "floating" everywhere. There is some red-colored fog in the room. For one final scare, a ravaged Jaws, with bones and burnt flesh hanging down, lunges straight at us for one more scare.

Then we have the line attendants yelling at us to move towards the exit.

What y'all think? Have I proved wrong the thought that Jaws can't be a house?

Okay, since I'm bored, I'm just going to write a treatment for a Jaws house just for fun as we're talking about a Jaws house. In order to effectively pull it off, there would have to be some creative liberties taken. Here's how I would do it (This would either go in a sound stage or a parade building):

Opening scene/facade: Similar to Poltergeist's facade, there would be some rockwork with seashells surrounding us and a rok and seaweed awning we would walk under. Above the awning is a forced-perspective model of Amity Island in the distance; some water lighting projection if placed on a blank space between the rock awning and the FP model to look like it's water. It's night, but there's a dim sunset lit up behind the model. As we walk up to the rockwork entrance with the model above us, there is some fog. We hear the Jaws theme start up. Duuuu-dun. Duuuu-dun.

Scene 1: We go inside the rockwork and the entrance hallway. There's seashells and rocks surrounding us. No scares yet. The music gets a bit more intense. Dun dun dun dun dun dun. We exit the hallway to see a descent-sized room to make it look like we're submerged under-water (Think the under-water scene from Freddy Vs Jason). Rocks, Corals, sea weed everywhere. Above us is the surface. We see the legs of the girl from the opening scene and hear her dialouge from her opening scene. In front of us, we see a digital mapping projection of the shark's shadow, looming towards her.

Scene 2: We walk through another coral-reef hallway. The music gets more intense. We finally see the shark jump out (In puppet form) at us with the lady in his mouth. If they can do it, there would be some fog with red dye to give off the illusion of bloody waters. The music climaxes as the shark jumps out.

Scene 3: After a brief line of dialogue from old man Harry saying, "we know why you don't go in the water", we encounter a room of "floating" bodies and severed body parts in the wake of Jaws. These victims essentially represent all of the victims that died in the first half of the movie, save for the first lady who we already encountered. One of the "floating" bodies would be a real one and used as a scare. The audio trigger would sound like someone struggling under water. In the room, an audio clip plays of Mayor Quimby saying, "You yell 'Baracuda!', people are gonna yell, 'what?' You yell, 'shark!', we have a serious problem." As we exit the room, a pop up of the rotted head from the movie pops out from a hole in the mass of coral walls.

Scene 4: We walk into an underwater cage with the scuba diver accompanying us acting like he's swimming. We see the Jaws puppet raming the cage with a loud audio trigger of a rattle to scare us. We see the bottom of the boat and the surface above our heads.

Scene 5: After a rock wall transition, we end up on the dock at Amity Island. To the right of us is a storefront of Amity as we are walking on the wooden boardwalk. We go up a plank and enter the Orca. In this scene, "Father and son" is playing from the soundtrack. As we enter the Orca, we see Quint there with his beer singing, "Farewell and ado to you fair Spanish ladies". We walk inside the Orca.

Scene 6: We enter the Galey of the Orca and listen to the dialogue from the three on the boat as it is rocking back and forth (Similar to the pirate ship scene in The Depths and Knott's). We exit out of he galley through a curtain.

Scene 7: We we should be on the deck, we are immediately greeted by Jaws himself popping out of the deck. Instead of popping out straight at us, he pops from the ground up towards up (Upward diagonal fashion); as if he were breaking out from the bottom of the ship and lunging at us. We make a turn and walk on a slanted platform ala the Forsaken and Dead Waters. Where gravity is pulling us, we see Quint being eaten alive by the Shark.

Scene 8: We make another turn and end up back in the Galley. The entire galley is tilted just like Blood Waters but half of it is ripped out by Jaws. He jumps out at us with blood in his teeth and Quint's leg still there, spraying water on us.

Scene 9: We're still walking on the mostly-sunken Orca with Brody there with his gun, sitting on a mast. An audio trigger lays of Brody saying, "Die you son of a b- BANG!" Jaws jumps out at us on-que, with an air tank in his mouth, as if he's coming out from the bottom of the ship, lunging at us.

Scene 10: We turn the corner and we see Brody swimming off in the distance as a projection. We enter a sea rock formation that takes us back under water.

Scene 11: For the final scene, we see bits and pieces of Jaws "floating" everywhere. There is some red-colored fog in the room. For one final scare, a ravaged Jaws, with bones and burnt flesh hanging down, lunges straight at us for one more scare.

Then we have the line attendants yelling at us to move towards the exit.

What y'all think? Have I proved wrong the thought that Jaws can't be a house?
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-04-2014/vyWF7K.gif wow, you need to get hired by universal.

For clarity’s sake, a bit of a disclaimer about my statements (“out of nowhere IPs,” and the Family Guy gif):

My sense of what is on the table each year is, I think, pretty good. Partly because I typically hear about discussions in August/September for the following year, but mostly because I have a decent understanding of Universal’s capabilities in negotiating certain rights, their design principles, and their history. I also try to keep abreast on “popular horror culture” beyond properties’ simple existence. Most of the IPs Universal uses tick most of those boxes. Some surprise me.

Last year, Chucky was really surprising to me. The Shining surprised me. Both, however, became REALLY obvious after my initial reaction. Chucky was accessible and well-known. Shining was a white whale with a loop hole. Those surprised me more than Killer Klownz or Exorcist or Poltergeist - oft discussed and requested IPs.

That said, I’m still kinda shaking my head at this one. Like previous surprises, it makes sense. I’m still just amazed it may happen. That’s not in a good or bad way. It’s an indifferent, “Really? Okay...” way.

Now, regarding the “bonkers build,” it’s not tied to an IP that I know of. If true, it’s a long-term investment in the type of scenes Uni can design. You may not even this year. But you might.

Jennifer's Body.

Oh. My. God.

OBZeu2U.gif

I. WISH.

I seriously love that movie, as with everything I’ve seen from Diablo Cody, it is criminally underrated.

Lmao am I the only one who scrolls through to see which posts have the most likes or to read posts only from Legacy? I just caught myself doing that.

Hi, sorry if this is out of place on the speculation forum, but how early should you be booking a trip for hhn orlando? Never been to the orlando event and really interested in going this year.

Hi, sorry if this is out of place on the speculation forum, but how early should you be booking a trip for hhn orlando? Never been to the orlando event and really interested in going this year.

Last year I didn’t lock everything down for the second weekend of the event until early July. It’s always a good idea to book ASAP if you know your travel dates.

Definitely not out of place!

Whenever you can, honestly. They already have vacation packages out, with a BOGO ticket deal. If you know the dates you wanna go - book away!

I like to reserve my hotel and pay for my airline tickets as soon as I can. I already got my Hotel reservation for Sapphire Falls and I'm waiting for the late OCT slot to open up for Southwest.

Anyone a fan of the Phantasm movies? I think they could make for a great house. You have the little goblin creatures for your jump scares, you could have the Tall Man showing up a few times shouting BOY at you, maybe a room of the silver spheres buzzing above your head. I think there is potential for a cool house with some unique ideas, but not sure if the IP has enough fans nowadays to make it worth pursuing.

My friends and I usually book hotel / AirBnB around April. This year we did it in early February simply to secure the same AirBnB we used last year. We usually buy tickets in the July - August period. Honestly our plan is to do purchases sporadically so we can spread out spending money.

We drive down from Philadelphia, but back when we flew we would book airfare in August. We do HHN mid-October.

I historically have booked in April, but I have a feeling we will probably book in March this year since we seem to be getting our ducks in a row quicker than normal.

Last year, Chucky was really surprising to me. The Shining surprised me. Both, however, became REALLY obvious after my initial reaction. Chucky was accessible and well-known. Shining was a white whale with a loop hole. Those surprised me more than Killer Klownz or Exorcist or Poltergeist - oft discussed and requested IPs.

That said, I’m still kinda shaking my head at this one. Like previous surprises, it makes sense. I’m still just amazed it may happen. That’s not in a good or bad way. It’s an indifferent, “Really? Okay...” way.

This must be something really off the wall... Maybe Twin Peaks?