Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Space Jam: A New Legacy

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
I am not going to say much, but it has been officially announced that a sequel to the 90s Loony Tunes film, Space Jam will be made.

The film will have Lebron James taking the shoes that Michael Jordan had to endure, as the film will be directed by Justin Lin.

...so, thoughts?

Edit: can a mod take out that C I have on the title name?

I think they are likely still talking a contract. The fact that Lebron's entertainment company (Springhill Entertainment) signed a deal with WB last year makes me think it's all the more likely.

Just weird that this is coming out during LeBron's playoff run. He's known to completely shutout outside influences during that time.

Also that this project was coming around when he was the top man with the Heat and winning titles and MVP's. That time now belongs to Curry.

Just weird that this is coming out during LeBron's playoff run. He's known to completely shutout outside influences during that time.

Also that this project was coming around when he was the top man with the Heat and winning titles and MVP's. That time now belongs to Curry.
Remember that Space Jam didn't just have Jordan in it. A retired Larry Bird, Barkley and more were in it. I'm thinking maybe Kobe as the retired player and then possible players like Steph Curry, Cousins, Westbrook, Durant, etc.

Remember that Space Jam didn't just have Jordan in it. A retired Larry Bird, Barkley and more were in it. I'm thinking maybe Kobe as the retired player and then possible players like Steph Curry, Cousins, Westbrook, Durant, etc.

Yeah. But Jordan was THE guy when it came out. I'm saying LeBron isn't anymore.

The sequel to the 1990's cult classic, Space Jam; has been officially revealed, featuring LeBron James.

The film will be directed by Terence Nance & Produced by Ryan Coogler (Creed, Black Panther), as production will begin in the NBA Offseason.

What do you think? Did you like the original film, and what do you hope to see pop up? Comment down below!

Hey, if Uncle Drew can make over $40M with little buzz, SJ2 may put up some pretty big numbers, especially for a basketball movie.

I’m here for the MonStars stealing the abilities of all of Lebron’s old teammates. Have them take D-Wade, Kevin Love...

Plus Kobe.